Urgent !! Help / Advise needed guru's

mindrunner

Known Member
Apr 14, 2005
Hi .. I have a Honda Jazz. My concern is this. Today morning when I opened my car back bonet at the back , I noticed the cap / cover that is covering the viper at the back sudah kopek ready. It does not look like an accident as there are signs of forced prying ... I could see the cut marks on the cap..... ( it fell down when i closed the bonet back ) . Now the bolt hodling the viper at the back is visible. Since the Jazz does not have a key lock at the back to open the bonet .. could this be a way of car thieves to open up the viper at the back and try to open the bonet and steal the car ?? I am staying in an apartment in a covered car park. I did not notice this when i came back from supper at 1 am in the morning. I noticed this when I left my apartment a t 7 am this morning ....... Am I over reacting ?? Or is this one of the way to steal the car. The Jazz has the standard alarm ( by Cobra ) and immobilizer. Please advise and give suggestions .....

akarsan

Apr 28, 2005
Malaysia
i think the thief wants to steal your wiper instead, my friends jazz had his wipers stolen. nowdays alot of ppl like to steal those rear wipers.

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
yeap, since you've noticed that your car had some signs of vandalism.. time to take note and increase the security for your ride (better alarm or more theft deterrent equipments)..

heck, just by selling off your pair of headlamps could earn them quite a sum !

mindrunner

Known Member
Apr 14, 2005
Hi guys ...

Brought the car to the shop yesterday after work ... got it checked out .... but the shop owner informed me that they were after the wiper ...he had so many cases where owner of jazz come with the wiper stolen ....

So i have ordered the cap to be replaced ... have to go and change it this evening ....dunno how much it will cost may be around 50 plus i guess .. darn these ppl ...... wiper also wanna steal....... it seems it could fetch a good price in the potong kereta shop ....... i suppose u could use it with other cars as well ??? .. All ready got a handle lock .........At the same time I informed the guards at the apartment ...... Lucky they were quiet responsive ........ they took down my report and have promised to look into it ....none of the not my problem attitude ..... So for the time being ...anyone beside me and my girlfriend leaving with the car out of the apartment will be stopped ...... have to rasuah the guard with kopi tarik everytime i go out for supper for this to happen ....... at least its better then having to lose the car .......

Thanks for your concern guys ..really appreciate it ....

I am using a xeon bulb ...so i guess it would cost more...... heheheheh

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Malaysians can now attain Volvo’s most dynamic model yet, the S60, that lays claim to impressive sporty aspirations whilst still maintaining the utmost safety aspects that is synonymous with the brand. Dubbed the marque’s naughtiest car, the S60 is one sexy Swedish brick, with more curves, power and safety features that pave the path for the brand’s future...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience