The Insight on greener motoring - Today's cheapest hybrid reviewed

pumpkin76

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
test drove it this afternoon..... surprisingly powerful with 3 person on-board (me, my friend and a sales girl)..... maybe just me coz i'm used to the pickup of a CRV.... that's why feel faster and lighter....

a bit out of topic.... the salesgirl told me HM still got 40 something units of civic type Rs stock.....

wongth7

Mar 2, 2007
saw this car at kl motorshow few months back....the interior feels like it made out of VERY cheap plastic..not impressive at all..sit inside then u will notice it right away..but this is how honda manage to bring the price down so much

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
On the rear part , izzit considered as hatchback or wagon or ?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
my ES is my daily drive! this would help me with my massive petrol bills as i travel alot during working hours... is there a test drive unit in the Honda Glenmarie showroom?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Dinesh...any reviews on the "real-world" FC? i think that is the main thing ppl will look for when getting a hybrid.

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006
Dinesh...any reviews on the "real-world" FC? i think that is the main thing ppl will look for when getting a hybrid.
During the drive we managed to get an average of around 25km/liter with some frugal driving although we weren't overdoing it. That's a combined cycle of town driving and highway cruising. When I say frugal I mean no sudden acceleration and harsh throttle or brake inputs. On the highway me were doing around 110km/h. I guess with normal everyday driving you could net an average of around 21-22km/liter. We'll be doing a more comprehensive drive soon and I'll be able to get more solid figures from that so stay tuned :biggrin:

pumpkin76

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the showroom i went to yesterday was the 3s global almighty at Serdang.... well, i'm from PJ but I happened to passby Serdang on my way back from a meeting in Nilai.... that's why i pop in to have a look...

NVH was very good, even at going through the poor rood condition of serdang main road.... probably coz it's a new car.... my friend who seated beside me said he can feel the pull of the car everytime i accelerate...... it surprised him when i told him i didn't pedal to metal..... it was only 50 to 75 throttle..... i'm not used to CVT.... so can't comment much on it..... putting it in S instead of D see the RPM stays on the high rev until i lift off the accelerator....

but one thing slack about that outlet is that they only have 1 test drive unit.... i had to wait 15 minutes before the test drive coz other customer was testing it.... after my turn the sales girl immediately drove the car back into the storage yard coz there's no parking space inside and outside the showroom.... so apart from the driving feel.... i didn't manage to have a closer look at the details..... my friend who hop into the back seat after we got out from the test drive said something like he hitted his head to the ceiling at the back seat.... LOL...

I'll probably go to other outlets which have like 1 test drive unit and 1 showroom unit..... probably will try the one at jln 222 or sumber auto... or anyone know when is their road shows?

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
During the drive we managed to get an average of around 25km/liter with some frugal driving although we weren't overdoing it. That's a combined cycle of town driving and highway cruising. When I say frugal I mean no sudden acceleration and harsh throttle or brake inputs. On the highway me were doing around 110km/h. I guess with normal everyday driving you could net an average of around 21-22km/liter. We'll be doing a more comprehensive drive soon and I'll be able to get more solid figures from that so stay tuned :biggrin:
nice! thx for feedback n made more update of FC.

nenon

Known Member
Nov 14, 2006
the back seat is cramped, even small size man hard to get in n out of the car...but stil very cheap car tho

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s almost time for BMW’s latest M toy to make its debut under the spotlight of the world and according to reports, it’s going to be available with only a manual transmission. Before you go about cashing in your EPF for what could arguably be the most exciting M model in years, you’d need to also know that only 2,700 units will be made for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience