Swapping stock brakes with Brembo 4pot 2pot

davidcnz

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
Malaysia
just called to the mechanic which sold me the brake kit .he will change the front n rear brake pads for me..n try again if the squeal sound will appear again or not .. :top::top::top:

*crossfinger*

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
just called to the mechanic which sold me the brake kit .he will change the front n rear brake pads for me..n try again if the squeal sound will appear again or not .. :top::top::top:

*crossfinger*
Good after sales.....:adore:

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
Most likely u were given racing or high temperature brake pad,they tend to squeckk/squeelll. Just get the normal OEM pad or OEM replacement.But you can't stand the brake dust later. Make sure use the grease and the back padding given with the pad.

davidcnz

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
Malaysia
Most likely u were given racing or high temperature brake pad,they tend to squeckk/squeelll. Just get the normal OEM pad or OEM replacement.But you can't stand the brake dust later. Make sure use the grease and the back padding given with the pad.
yea bro...high % its the pads problem... what is the bad side if didnt use the back padding n grease ya? mind to share? :biggrin:

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
The grease help to minimize the vibration between rotor/brake pad/brake pad shim/brake piston,Thus stop squeck/squeeling.
It doesn't mention in the internet but I think 2nd reason for greasing/shim is because since pad have some slight lateral movement in the caliper,by greasing the brake pad,it will just glide when pressed by piston caliper so it doesn't give lateral force to the brake piston,it may damage the piston caliper.The piston should see clamping force only(not lateral)

davidcnz

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
Malaysia
The grease help to minimize the vibration between rotor/brake pad/brake pad shim/brake piston,Thus stop squeck/squeeling.
It doesn't mention in the internet but I think 2nd reason for greasing/shim is because since pad have some slight lateral movement in the caliper,by greasing the brake pad,it will just glide when pressed by piston caliper so it doesn't give lateral force to the brake piston,it may damage the piston caliper.The piston should see clamping force only(not lateral)
thanks bro..anyhow i just went to the workshop today..mechanic recommend me to sand the pads for the 1st try...(will change the pads for me if 1st try not workable ) so brake pads being sand on the side edges... even on the way back home (tried few "jammed brake" n keep braking to warm the pads) ..no more squeal sound .. ! :biggrin::biggrin: let me try few more miles ahead n see how thing goes :D ..

*crossfinger*

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
thanks bro..anyhow i just went to the workshop today..mechanic recommend me to sand the pads for the 1st try...(will change the pads for me if 1st try not workable ) so brake pads being sand on the side edges... even on the way back home (tried few "jammed brake" n keep braking to warm the pads) ..no more squeal sound .. ! :biggrin::biggrin: let me try few more miles ahead n see how thing goes :D ..

*crossfinger*
So, he did the sanding procedure......:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

yea bro...high % its the pads problem... what is the bad side if didnt use the back padding n grease ya? mind to share? :biggrin:
Backing plate suppose to make the pads more fitting so less movement so less noise.
As for the grease, if apply, just a little only and if possible use high temperature grease, if not if will melt. Apply to much and it might get onto the disc...

davidcnz

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
Malaysia
So, he did the sanding procedure......:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Backing plate suppose to make the pads more fitting so less movement so less noise.
As for the grease, if apply, just a little only and if possible use high temperature grease, if not if will melt. Apply to much and it might get onto the disc...
thanks bro.. vr2turbo : yea..squeal sound gone..should try more miles..n see how..

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if me i'll just grind the pad mating surface on the tarmac :biggrin:

davidcnz

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
Malaysia
been driving the car more than a week ...the brakes no more squeal sound... sanding the brake pads working ! :five::five::five::five::five:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is good news. Sometimes a small spec of sand stuck in between will cause the noise. Sanding clears it and no more noise...:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Although the camouflage makes the car pictured look like something of a cross between a hearse and a delivery van, it is in fact a Ferrari, quite possibly a new 2+2 in the granturismo form factor. Spied testing at the track in Fiorano and snapped by a photographer, the new car is breeding rumours quicker than it runs laps.

The new Ferrari is expected to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience