stereng vibrate at 150kmh

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
hi
a friend of mine just done his BT conversion into ae101 and facing with this prob
when accelerating pass 150kmh at mrr2..the stereng vibrate..not so extensively but u can feel the vibration..when i test drive also the same thing happen
all the bearing,bushes,rack,absorber have been chg (new)..even the tyres r new and camber plus alignment have been adjust accordingly
is this normal..or is something a miss ? :cry_smile:

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Try to do balancing to your wheels, then check the absorber mounting. I have done it and there's no problem anymore to my car.

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
ya...correct...if vibrate at certain speed oli then normally is cos by tires balancing....but rims dented also can cos vibration...just like my case....

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
ic..thanks..will inform him to do tyre balancing...but dented rims can easily be spotted rite?normally its dented near the lips due to impact with potholes or speedbumps?
correct me if im wrong

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Yeah, especially when you are using low profile tyres, coz the tyre so tipis. When you do balancing, ask the mech to check for you can adi.

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
ok...checked just now n found no dents...and also done the balancing..ur rite..the tyre felt "tighter" on straights and the stereng does not vibrates anymore..
thanks guys

andrewleec2

500 RPM
Dec 30, 2004
Kajang,Selangor
www.friendster.com
glad to hear from someone that has the same prob as I'm having now...I will do the same check too...mine vibrate @100km/h...got to check ler...

thanks..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm on stock absorbers with Eibach springs and the gap is 2 finger front/rear. The problem is going into basement carparks (as usual). The question is, can I add a damper or how can I make it 1 more finger higher? Another 10mm or so would be just nice to save my skirtings and bodykits :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience