Steel ram pipe + Siemens ECU

Kusa

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
kusahafiez.blogspot.com
Yea hi sifus..

I'm driving a 2001 Satria Auto, and i wanted to change my air filter to open pod with steel ram pipe. However, the potential seller said that my car would probably managed by the infamous siemens ecu and the filter can't be used on my car.. so here i am wondering... my car was bought late 2001, so that'll make it siemens, right? and what if i simply pasang the thing, what'll happen?

Thanks ya friends!

menghua84

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Visit site
ur air sensor canot fit into the steel pipe rite? try get other steel air ram pipe which got a hole tat can fit in ur air intake sensor.. done!

BabyPups

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Originally posted by Kusa@Jan 31 2005, 18:01
Yea hi sifus..

I'm driving a 2001 Satria Auto, and i wanted to change my air filter to open pod with steel ram pipe. However, the potential seller said that my car would probably managed by the infamous siemens ecu and the filter can't be used on my car.. so here i am wondering... my car was bought late 2001, so that'll make it siemens, right? and what if i simply pasang the thing, what'll happen?

Thanks ya friends!
kusa, see my car
classic example
just did it hehehhehe
not technical enuff to explain to u :)

Kusa

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
kusahafiez.blogspot.com
Originally posted by BabyPups+Jan 31 2005, 18:56 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BabyPups @ Jan 31 2005, 18:56 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kusa@Jan 31 2005, 18:01
Yea hi sifus..

Thanks ya friends!
kusa, see my car
classic example
just did it hehehhehe
not technical enuff to explain to u :) [/b][/quote]
haha.. when? :P

still at work or gone home already?

BabyPups

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
when u see me collect stickies, i show u lar

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
hmm..
yeah, most probably the air temperature sensor which is the closes to your current air box won't fit into any aftermarket ram pipe i come across.
the only way to install those open pod filters is to remove the air box, retain the OEM pipe from the sensor to the TB, the use the suitable air filter adapter to install your open pod, then ok liao.
it doesn't look nice but it at least keep your sensor safe.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
That thing is the temperature sensor of MAF sensor oh?!?!

Some one mind to clear the cloud? As fas as i understand, the sensor at the first turn of the S-hose (intake) is the MAF sensor..

Check this out and tell me what's what. Thanks!

lancelot_adolph

Nov 19, 2004
dude,

i don think itz a good idea,

i tried mine with open pod filter with the steel ram pipe,

months later, my throttle body blew, a lot of problem with

the sensor...etc. the whole shxt cost me 1k...

;)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Some of my friend with Siemen ECU Wiras installed aftermarket filter and aluminium air intakes.

THey had iddling problems and some had experience engine stalling.

Siemen ECUed engines run on MAP sensors.

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
From what I know, Mitsubishi on Wira runs MAP sensor, while Siemens on Wira runs MAF. IMO it's not the fault of MAP/MAF sensor, the problem with rough idle is bcoz those open-pod airfilter sucks more engine heat so it effects air-fuel ratio at idle.

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i use open pod filter (7 months++), no problem until now.

steel ram pipe with hole for the sensor can be use. last time i already buy that thing, but the problem is, it's too long for my air filter (apexi power intake). maybe can use that with hks mushroom filter.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda Malaysia has announced plans to provide a free-of-charge service to replace the fuel pump unit involving 55,354 cars nationwide. This is a precautionary measure that is in line with Honda’s global fuel pump recall. However, no Hondas made in 2020 or onwards are affected.

“All affected customers will be informed via notification letters, which will include details of the product recall. Honda Malaysia urges all affected customers to contact any Honda authorized dealer to make an...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience