• Huh?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Driving on the highways, i used to notice more warning flashes from oncoming cars (good samaritans) about a speed camera or a speed trap we are potentially heading towards. Not so often these days. Though on the Duke Highway last week, a helpful Triton probably saved quite a few cars from an expensive ticket, me included.

These days, you'd be lucky to find people who actually know what the flashes or any driver-to-driver gesture actually mean. Drivers, especially the new ones are getting more enclosed and ignorant in their car cocoon to actually care what is happening around them, let alone to extend any help.

Regarding how legal this is, i suppose this is a gray area the authorities have yet to officially state, provided that they can actually take action on drivers playing with their high beams. But it could prove to be a good community service slowing cars down like how Singapore does with their passive system warning drivers of an oncoming speed camera on their PIEs, BKEs and more.

So, guys, do you?

This post is not to encourage beating the system or to decide whats wrong or right, but to understand what majority of the road users think and perhaps see more educating posts in the future.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I will warn others when I see one. I have other ppl who flash me for speed trap as well on the NS highway.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
i'm also a HEADLIGHT FLASHER!!! :biggrin:

i don't see it as a way to 'help' others escape a speeding ticket.

i see it as a way to save the environment so less speeding tickets are printed, less CO is emitted when the saman ekor is couriered to the house, less CO is emitted as we don't have to drive to a police station to pay the summons.

most importantly, less bribery happens because no one gets caught :love:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
i did not know of this
this is an awesome system
i will do my part next time :love:
do they like flash all the cars on the opposing side or just like flash once and be done with it???:hmmmm:

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
There used to be other systems as well like when you are trying to overtake a vehicle in front of you, the driver would assist by signaling left when its clear and right when there's on coming traffic. I think it's really helpfull and a great gesture that we are looking out for each other. Headlight flashing definately yes and not just for speed traps. True live experience, I was driving kinda fast once when the oncoming car flashed me. Thinking it was a warning for a speed trap, i slowed down only to see around the next corner, two cars in an accident blocking a large part of my way. It would have been unthinkable if i had taken that corner at the speed I was going at. From that time on, I try to be as helpfull as I can and warn fellow drivers of danger of any kind.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
i did not know of this
this is an awesome system
i will do my part next time :love:
do they like flash all the cars on the opposing side or just like flash once and be done with it???:hmmmm:
i normally continue flashing for about 1km :driver:

Zul Kolamp

From Facebook
Sep 28, 2010
www.facebook.com
I alwiz do this whenever I see a roadblock

There was a time I was flashing towards the opposite road coz a road block ahead of them, I ter'flash' a patrol car & he flash back at me :hmmmm:

Isit illegal to warn others bout the roadblock ahead?...just curious

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
There used to be other systems as well like when you are trying to overtake a vehicle in front of you, the driver would assist by signaling left when its clear and right when there's on coming traffic. I think it's really helpfull and a great gesture that we are looking out for each other.
I always do this method but somehow people behind me most of them doesnt know what they're supposed to mean :bawling:

Niemans1116

Known Member
Jul 1, 2010
SinCity
Headlight flashing definately yes and not just for speed traps. True live experience, I was driving kinda fast once when the oncoming car flashed me. Thinking it was a warning for a speed trap, i slowed down only to see around the next corner, two cars in an accident blocking a large part of my way. It would have been unthinkable if i had taken that corner at the speed I was going at. From that time on, I try to be as helpfull as I can and warn fellow drivers of danger of any kind.
Yes, same o'er here. I warn other drivers as well. It might be a road repair behind me, a car/lorry broke down that dangerously impede opposite cars, etc. Sometimes you just wonder whether they catch the meaning of it and slow down.

But there's some jack@ss who simply flashed their lights, and you'd slowed down considerably thinking of speed traps ahead and only then to find out there's nothing :mad:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
i remember one funny story when I have to use my nephew car during one of my kampung trip.... he mod the high beam switch to switch on his spotlight (HID 6000k) and forgot to tell me.... imagine when a 4x4 decide to turn on all its spotlight/foglight/work light back at me because I accidentally flash a 6000k hi beam at it....

luckily no accident happened....

but it's a good practice IMHO.... reason is that some of us are not trying to break the sound barrier, just during a long drive, we tends to be less attentive to the speedometer.. hence, a friendly reminder is goood

aalborg

Nov 4, 2007
for me personally, i would flash on opposite incoming car whenever there is a road block or hazard situation i.e cow, accident n etc.

for road block, i will keep on flashing for at least 5km becoz for me, less then that serve no purpose as it may already too late.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Its a good practice to flash and warn others of potential hazards ahead.

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
Thanks to those who flashed on Kesas earlier. Wasnt sure which side they tembak, so i flashed back on the other side just in case:hmmmm:

ThienWu

Feb 20, 2008
this is the flashing code told by my lorry driver fren,

single flash - i wan to potong u
quick double flash - polis or hazard ahead
qiuck triple flash - jpj

btw, if my fren then i lie too.. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Firsly i am a noob here,just on the process of learning,my question is i am going to bot on my kelisa,so can a safc II,safc-neo or e-manage tune back my ecu after i bot?some people told me safc cant tune it back and told me to use e-manage,so i need sifu sifu out there to help me on this,really confuse on this,so sifu sifu please help a noob here thank you very much :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience