Some views on JFA Motorsports, perhaps?

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
.. well, i've been reading a lot of good stuff about JFA with regards to this custom exhausts systems that he have been selling. i know if you want good and high quality stuffs, you have to fork out quite a bit of cash..which i wouldn't mind. however just want to know whether his prices are reasonable for the quality of things that you're buying from him or are we getting it with a premium since he is rather famous within the modding circle. it would be nice if some people could share their opinions on this..

and side stepping a lil
as i'm actually looking for an aftermarket muffler for an NA car..do you guys know by any chance how much that would it roughly cost at JFA? as i haven't gotten round to paying the shop a visit..

thanks

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Well, sad to say, there's no short cut.. u'll jes have to shop around for it yerself..
alternatively, u can call up jafar ask for the price of the specific models u want.. and compare to the prices of Jian Hang from our member here - fstrader... Or there's still another one in Segambut. A real bang for the buck - Robert's Exhaust. Competitively priced yet, good quality welds.

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
ah ic.. dang, looks like i've got to head to Sunway one of these days..hehe!
yeah.. wanted to try Jiang Hang (good reviews so far) but it's situated in Batu Caves, not really too convenient for me. Will check it out tho. Robert's Exhaust.. do you know where in Segambut is the shop situated?

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
Robert's is a little "bawah pokok"

it is opposite KLTS Tire and next to TopLine auto service centre.

I think I got the names correctly, don't shoot me if I got them wrong..but close enough la :P

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
hm, what about speedwork's workmanship?

ultraman

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
jian hanng is good...my advise... if you care about your mod... do it once and do it right... dun say because it is too far and so you choose the nearer 1... of course this is individual preference la... :)

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
that's true
that's why now i wanna compare the prices between these places (Jiang Hang and JFA), if it's about the same and what i hear bout JFA's quality.. i think i'll go there 'cos if there's any problem it's much closer to my house. anybody can compare the quality and workmanship of both perhaps? that'll be very helpful :)

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
JFA okayla.. hahaha when i was working at links got 2 know him.. so far his work isn't too bad...

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
oic..that's good. :)
maybe i'll go there one of these days to check out his merchandise.
anybody has a rough estimate of what an average NA muffler would cost?
i don't want to get a heart attack or anything upon checking the price on my own..hehe

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
haha...no la, cos speedworks offer hotbits 4-2-1 header @ RM 300 siap pasang...i think its quite reasonable ma...hotbits headers also got some good reviews...unless some of u beg to differ? :mouth_closed: ?

and i also got quoted if say i bring my own muffler and midbox to install there, they charge around rm200-300 for full installation with mendrel bents...is it reasonable? anyone knows what JFA or Jian Hang is charging roughly?

cheers

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
One piece of info for you guys. Jaaffar actually uses one of the best equipment for his welds. Where some shops simply use a portable saw to chop of exhaust, Jaaffar actually uses plasma cutting for cutting of exhaust piping. The chop saw will give a rough finishing and may affect the weld quality while plasma ensures the cut is fine and just nice for weld. Besides, he uses good quality welding machine.

That is one of the factor why people still go back to him. Of coz his workmanship is pretty good too. But he does not lay his hands on all the cars, most of them are handled by his workers.

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
sweet, that's good to hear. would have expected nothing less for someone of his calibre. and i guess you can't substitute quality anyway..
cheers prodigy for that lil piece of info :)

btw, bullet nos.. there's this dude at taman paramount where i got my k&n filter that also sells hotbit's 4-2-1 extractor (got the plastic wrapper with the hotbits logo), it's cash and carry only..but i think if you go pasang in some workshop oso still less than RM 300

btw.. mandrel bent, you mean RM 200 - RM 300 for the middle piping? Steel or aluminium?

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
hm, i think the mendrel piping includes from header to bullet, then bullet tru to back box. that means all items i bring my own, but piping and pasang they do around RM200-300. piping material im not sure.

cheers

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I wonder how much will it cost to do full aluminium intercooler pipes at JFA? Must follow original VR4 ones of course.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I have a question for all wira sifus here.

I am deciding between buying a wira 1.8 Sohc or Dohc but cant make up my mind.

What can be upgraded for both the Sohc and Dohc and what are the final hp that I can expect?

I dont wanna swap teh engines but try to push the engines to the highest it can go...

Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience