skunk 2 intake on fd2r review???

g2_genetic

Known Member
Aug 23, 2006
hi guys,
im thinkin of to install skunk 2 intake on my fd2r, but b4 dat i need 2 hear some review for those who hv install skunk 2 intake on their fd2r,.. thanx...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
ive read and heard around that its been proven that the skunk2 intake for the K20A requires high compression to actually benefit from it... if ur engine is a stock bottom end with the stock K20A Type R compression then i say forget it as u might end up losing power (based on wat ive heard).... the best intake for the stock K20A bottom end has been said to be the RRC or RBC intake manifolds.

g2_genetic

Known Member
Aug 23, 2006
ive read and heard around that its been proven that the skunk2 intake for the K20A requires high compression to actually benefit from it... if ur engine is a stock bottom end with the stock K20A Type R compression then i say forget it as u might end up losing power (based on wat ive heard).... the best intake for the stock K20A bottom end has been said to be the RRC or RBC intake manifolds.

ic. thanx 4 da info, fyi,ive just done with da header, n jc piping, oso hks open pod, but internaly still stock, juz tune up wif hondata flashpro, so u mean is not worth to install dat skunk 2 intake without any internal upgradding rite?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yes... not worth it unless u get higher compression pistons into ur engine

bakti331

Aug 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i saw dyno result for stock k20a block before and after installed megapower tuned flashpro..the result shows increase in HP..so, losing power from where? :confused:

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

wait2...
u guys talking about megapower or alpha header?
and, catback 60, 70 or 76??

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i saw dyno result for stock k20a block before and after installed megapower tuned flashpro..the result shows increase in HP..so, losing power from where? :confused:
dunno...like i said....based on wat i heard..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
well most friends in the dc5 group are talking about not using the s2 intake if u dun have the compression...

u could actually email skunk2 themselves and ask them...but do take their answer with a pinch of salt...coz end of the day they are still trying to sell a product

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
wait2...
u guys talking about megapower or alpha header?
and, catback 60, 70 or 76??
were not talking about exhaust at all....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

let me start a thread
to all Brothers and Sisters

what we should upgrade for our engine and become a more power. U all can give ur solution or opinion of how to make a car faster with low budget or more expert modification. It is better we suggest for the NA engine, this is because turbo engine is too power already.... :tee:

Let me start for the 1st stage modification of the NA engine

1. ) Changing the ekzos system. (It will be cost u about 300-800) depend on the brand we choose...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience