Silicone Wipers vs Rubber Wipers - Which is better? (Open discussion)

LesleyAprotto

Banned

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yesterday I went window shopping for my cars windscreen wipers...

Because I need a good set of wipers as its raining dogs and cats everyday....

Sometimes it even rains cows and elephants!

Especially in the night, having a good set of wipers is important in safety aspect.

The shops offered 2 types, rubber or silicone.

The rubber wipers have got its advantages & disadvantages, so do the silicone wipers...

So ultimately which one to choose? :confused::hmmmm::dontknow::top::hmmmm2:

ExceL

1,500 RPM

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Was wondering the same thing couple years ago.

Didnt want to spend silly money on 2 sticks of rubber, tried some cheap 7ringgit silicone ones from a DIY store. Worked fine, last one lasted 6months+, just got replacements yesterday.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Get silicone wiper. Silicone is a kind of synthetic rubber and can withstand UV pretty well thus it oxidize or deteriorate slower than rubber. Even cheap silicone wiper are bang for the buck. I bought a pair of silicone wipers from pasar malam RM20 per pair in mid of 2010 and until now it is still working good. All u have to do is spend some time to clean the blade sometimes as dirt and sand will ruin it. Just take a tissue paper or cloth, hold it tight against the blade and wipe it. U'll collect plenty of dirt and sand.

YYC

1,500 RPM

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
My set is due too. If RM20 wiper can last for 2 years it is definitely good.

FGT

500 RPM

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
My experience:

Rubber wipers, bosch brand hardened and cracked after 3 months. Wipe fine when it was new. But slowly become bad after 1 month.

Silicone wipers, some japanese brand, which I dont understand, 1.5 years and plastic clip gave way first. The silicone is still soft and no tears or cracks. Always wipe water clean off the windscreen.

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
silicone get my vote... although in my case i have to wait a bit then turn on the wiper... if i turn on when there's little water... it tends to stutter :confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My set is due too. If RM20 wiper can last for 2 years it is definitely good.
Go invest in SWV Silicon wipers. Lifetime warranty and anytime they fail (ie- wear out) call them and they'll go to you to replace a new set. And I mean anytime. Even after a year when the wipers aren't working as well anymore.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Go invest in SWV Silicon wipers. Lifetime warranty and anytime they fail (ie- wear out) call them and they'll go to you to replace a new set. And I mean anytime. Even after a year when the wipers aren't working as well anymore.
Where to get?

amrancharger

500 RPM

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
i tink sumo brand is also a good choice and easy to source.
aroound rm35 to rm40 for my kancil and myvi.bought at giant kota dsara.i tink giant shah alam section 13 also got.
around 1 year plus and still working fine.

however if park under hot sun/open parking...the rubber holds the silicon wiper will expand and loose.since it the boneless type.
i just make sure it fit back nicely.other than dat it shud do fine.

Last edited:

peeche

Known Member

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Online : sanwonventure.com

Best wipers ever since anytime they are spoilt, they normally send a motorbike fella to your location to swap it out for you and/or service your existing set.
gone through the website.. can't even see the image.. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
I'd go for silicone but sometimes they are too expensive! or probably the shop owner want to makan me? lol...

Now i just use cheapo RM20 wipers but at the same time, I use Rain X on my windscreen...a bit noisy when its about to dry but the vision has never been better!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

elo..salamzZz..:regular_smile:
all sifu n abg2...:emoticon_U:
I would to ask bout put on turbo in N/A...is it possible?:confused_smile:
Mivec engine convert to turbo...how much is d cozt would b?
4G91 engine convert to turbo..is it d same?
Where is workshop that possibly "otai" in doing this...
Thank YOu....:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience