Serious problems with Radiostar in USA!

Dec 10, 2005
I have purchased three of these systems and they are all not working right in winter. They all worked fine this summer, but now that the temperature is down to 10F two of the systems are not starting. They try to start, then the alarm goes off-display on remote shows hood pin. Also all three are not auto locking when driving and unlocking after parking anymore. They used to.

Several other people have the exact same problem. if you search radiostar or carvox you will see many complaints of cold weather causing trouble. Is there anything that can be done. I cannot find tech support anywhere and the dealer will not respond to emails.

Thanks
Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
just an idea : try to keep the main module as warm to natural heat levels? something like wrapping them up in, i dunno, something that'll keep it slightly warm to normal operating temperatures perhaps? a trip to a major hradware store is a good place for looking up something like this. i dunno lah, just giving an idea.

Lybeck's Install Garage

Dec 10, 2005
Seller on Ebay will not respond.

I have entered paypal's buyer protection and won my money back. Still have the system and like I said it works fine in warm weather but not in cold (which is when I need it to start my car) The weather in Minnesota gets below 0 many times. I have no idea what I can wrap the brain with to warm it up but I shouldn't have to. This is not the way a system should work and I'm just trying to find someone from radiostar who will fix the problem. IE send me a new brain.

Thanks

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
So sorry to hear about this seller at ebay. That is why over here we not only sell the item but we provide as much face to face (or over the phone) type of support. This is very important when it comes to electronics like these. An good installer is also very important one that can fix it and also can troubleshoot when needed.

Bro i know that ebay is a popular way to get stuff but sometimes these things happen. I do hope you can get your replacement soon as you said the alarm is pretty fine.

Cheers

Lybeck's Install Garage

Dec 10, 2005
Radiostar

Yeah, in the summer time this system was great! I loved it, but it wont work in the winter when I need it. This is the only site I have found with someone who acctually knows anything about the system. I wish someone would contact me about how to fix this problem. I have three of these systems and I would like new brains. I would hope that the manufacture warrenty would cover a defective product when so many people have this cold start problem, There should be a recall of deffective ones. That is only fair to save the reputation of Radiostar.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone. 2 weeks ago, I was hanging around my mechanic's place doing nothing better than sleeping, gossiping and talking CXCK and laughing laudly... Realizing my mechanic was busy dismentalling a CAMPRO 1.6 engine to overhaul, I decided to get my hands dirty and help him up...

As we were busy dismentalling the engine, we chat about CAMPRO 1.6 BOT failure on Crank and we realizeD BOT DOES NOT FAIL THE CAMPRO CRANK, BOT ONLY ACCELERATE THE FAILING PROCESS OF THE CRANK....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience