Satria Neo (A) horn started to make noise then rosak

jln2

Nov 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
No idea what is this issue, anyone can give some tips?

Yday I can hear some sound from inside the steering wheel, sounds like sand inside there. But other than that the car is functioning, except that the airbag warning light came on for some time and then off again while i was driving.

Today when I turn on the ignition the horn quickly got sound, then i proceed to start the engine after the horn stopped making noise. The engine can start and I went into reverse and go out. Then the car horn start to make noise again while I was driving so I stopped and turned off the car. After that the car cannot start again, had to push it back to parking lot >_<

When I on the ignition now the lights on the dashboard that usually lights up also wont on now. All is off (except seat belt and door open lights). Few times when a turned the ignition the horn sounded again (before I tried to start the engine).

Does it sound like battery issue or is it something else this time?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
clock spring inside steering have broken..

the circle thingy that connects signal from instruments on steering to dashboard..

around RM300 i believe..

change fast as it involve airbag...

jln2

Nov 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
alamak... Thanks for the quick reply, RM300+towing to workshop not what i had planned for my wallet this month though :bawling:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
no towing needed...cabut some fuse inside..especially horn fuse..

unless it causes short circuit..then very dangerous, control unit will go to safe mode..

for your wallet, remove the clock spring..but dont know can drive or not...

mine can still drive, no horn no audio control..i dont have airbag...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Will the clock spring cause the car to totally have no startup ability at all? Not battery related at all?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
clock spring inside steering have broken..

the circle thingy that connects signal from instruments on steering to dashboard..

around RM300 i believe..

change fast as it involve airbag...

just curious, bro.

Did the thingy broke because of old age, abusive use or poor QC of material?

ahlong

Known Member
Aug 18, 2008
Gombak - KL
Will the clock spring cause the car to totally have no startup ability at all? Not battery related at all?
yes bro Iszo, occured once 2years ago i think. the car cant start. need to tow. lucky that time got letter from Proton to change the clockspring FOC.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Open advertising markets overseas makes for very interesting viewing especially in regards to automotive ads. For one thing, it definitely adds some spice compared to the local ads we get with a certain car going up against the dreaded ‘Competitor-X.’

The last major one we saw ended with Mini being handed their petite ass’s on a fine piece of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience