Saga (12-13years) to 4g92 Mivec

infinity7666

Nov 12, 2007
Hi all... I am new here.. all sifu plz help me wit so problems and question tat i am facing now.... thx..

I hava proton saga (old virsion) now.. I deside to change the engine to 4g92 (Mivec)...

Question
1.Are the engine can fit into the saga? Am i gonna change the engine mount or mod the engine mount? Will tat effecting the car chasis?
2.Mod for the ori engine mount, will be approve by puspakom or not?
3.The mivec dashboard cant fit into the saga dashboard rite?? so, wat am i gonna do about it??
4.About the wiring and ECU and Airflow Sensor, Am i gonna change it or keep the ori from the halfcut? (details plz)
5.The brake system, the front and rear pcd if i change to 114 would it be a problem??
6.The clutch, if i use the double clutch (racing type) wat brand will be reliable?? (don too expensive plz)
7.Am i gonna need to change the fuel tank?

Tats all for now.. hehe... sowie if the question sound abit stupid..
coz i don really understand something.. help me out here plzzz...
Thx.. :hmmmm::adore:

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
Question
1.Are the engine can fit into the saga? Am i gonna change the engine mount or mod the engine mount? Will tat effecting the car chasis?
3.The mivec dashboard cant fit into the saga dashboard rite?? so, wat am i gonna do about it??
4.About the wiring and ECU and Airflow Sensor, Am i gonna change it or keep the ori from the halfcut? (details plz)
5.The brake system, the front and rear pcd if i change to 114 would it be a problem??
6.The clutch, if i use the double clutch (racing type) wat brand will be reliable?? (don too expensive plz)

STEVEN FROM KL CHERAS,I DRVING ISWARA MIVEC CONVERT LAST 4 YEARS BACK..

Q: 1. All the 4G9XX can be fit in to our chssis. u need to mod the mounting. if ur chssis is not
strong better go to workshop to make it strong.
Q: 2. Is depend on the workmanship, i will suggest u go to MUN LEE PUCHONG.
Q: 3. The mivec dashborad can be fit in but need to cut abit at the right and left side if
not sure sangkut mean u can not close ur door.
Q: 4. The wiring can be use back the wiring guy know how to do laand ECU also
Q: 5. The brake system all use VR4 FRONT AND REAR,the pcd saga or iswara is 114.3.
Q: 6. The clutch just use back the ori 1st no need to change if in good condition if u want
to change to EXEDY, NO NEED TO USE RACING IN TO HEAVIE.
Q: 7. The fuel tank if can use the proton saga or iswara uk spec but is hard to find, use
external fuel pump.

HAPPY MOTORING WITH MIVEC.

infinity7666

Nov 12, 2007
Thx for the answer steven7810...

But mod the mounting will be illegal rite?? and JPJ will not approve the mod rite??
:hmmmm:
As far as i knw.. 4g15p can fit to saga and no need to mod the mounting.. but, are there any engine tat can fix in saga and no need to mod the mounting??
Example like 4g61T or 4g63..??:love:

Bump: Thx for the answer steven7810...

But mod the mounting will be illegal rite?? and JPJ will not approve the mod rite??
As far as i knw.. 4g15p can fit to saga and no need to mod the mounting.. but, are there any engine tat can fix in saga and no need to mod the mounting??
Example like 4g61T or 4g63..??:love:

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
Example like 4g61T or 4g63..??

answer:1. mod mounting is ok is depend to the foreman. ask ur foreman to make it nice as ori,
my 1 just like ori so the no diff from the ori 1.3,but i mod use perdana mounting.
answer:2. ya la 4g15p but wat for is still 1.5cc and no need to mod the mounting just plug
and play.yes i will suggest to u are 4g91 dohc 1.5cc
answer:3. 4g61t are rare and is hard to find is like dinosauar,and 4g63 is 2.0cc is too much for ur saga and jpj would approve it.

now only allow up 1.8cc, is better u go and ask halfcut shop like mun lee at puchong just for comfirmtion.

i really suggest to istall 4g91 dohc 1.5cc and 4g92 mivec 1.6cc. bye

Bump: But mod the mounting will be illegal rite?? and JPJ will not approve the mod rite??
Example like 4g61T or 4g63..??

answer:1. mod mounting is ok is depend to the foreman. ask ur foreman to make it nice as ori,
my 1 just like ori so the no diff from the ori 1.3,but i mod use perdana mounting.
answer:2. ya la 4g15p but wat for is still 1.5cc and no need to mod the mounting just plug
and play.yes i will suggest to u are 4g91 dohc 1.5cc
answer:3. 4g61t are rare and is hard to find is like dinosauar,and 4g63 is 2.0cc is too much for ur saga and jpj would approve it.

now only allow up 1.8cc, is better u go and ask halfcut shop like mun lee at puchong just for comfirmtion.

i really suggest to istall 4g91 dohc 1.5cc and 4g92 mivec 1.6cc. bye

infinity7666

Nov 12, 2007
:idea:I hav starting mod my saga now...! Thx for all the advice tat member had post~~!
:wavey:

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
hi bro, so wat engine u put in ur saga and where u modified. after installation do post some photo ok... 13-03-2009 steven

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
saga mivec !!! usually i see wira or satria mivec got alottt

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
Yes u are right but iswara or saga mivec are in malaysia on the road but we all maybe low profile only..... I 1 of them hahaha....

infinity7666

Nov 12, 2007
ok.. :biggrin: after the mod done i will post some pic of it.. :biggrin:
coz i heard got ppl can put mivec engine in saga.. hehehe...

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
1.Are the engine can fit into the saga? Am i gonna change the engine mount or mod the engine
mount? Will tat effecting the car chasis?

not sure bout fitting bro , coz normally saga a lot of vr4 conversion , my mech also using vr4 for his proton knight , front lower thn back bcoz of weight but blady fast , he has topped over 250km/h with the car but does nt recommend the conversion as he said the car body cant atke the load. Jpj also do nt allow such conversion ready so ur option is ok with the 4g92 mivec but will it be a good conversion that question remains a mystery.

well depends on wad engine u using now , if 1.3 chances are slim but if 1.5 then should be ok , as long as ur brakes are also upgraded.

well use ur stock dash la bro , most vr4 conversion also using the ori dashboard.

well it all depends on weather ur happy with the performance from the halfcut engine , most ppl get a lil itchy so they upgrade everything , chances are u also have to overhaul ur halfcut engine as it has been unused for a long period of time.

well i think currently it is 114.3 , saga , waja , gen2 , pesona and perdana all same pcd. wira , satria, arena is pcd 100. brake system u have to upgrade , most probably all 4 ventilated dics.

well bro , i suggest if u want racing clutch dont try and safe on this as it is a vital thing , a cheap one could ony be disastrous to ur gearbox , but bare in mind bro , racing clutch is very heavy unlike conventional clutch. If u have a fren using this type of clutch check and test drive their car first .

fuel tank im not sure but fuel pump u need to change to keep up with higher fuel preasure that the 4g92 mives needs bro.

Last edited:

infinity7666

Nov 12, 2007
Thx ravingill for the answer.. :biggrin:

Erm... for the number 6 question..
--> Ya, i knw it is a disaster.. but double plate clutch more nice for driving and also for racing rite?
coz i hav try my fren cars.. and also tested it.. It is more nicer using double plate clutch..:driver:

Bump:
Yes u are right but iswara or saga mivec are in malaysia on the road but we all maybe low profile only..... I 1 of them hahaha....

U r 1 of them?? lolz.... erm... can see ur engine bay? plzzzzzzz..
post some pic plzzzzz...:adore::biggrin:

Last edited:

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
Hi good morning pal, any picture to show ur modified and installation of ur engine ah,
maybe is good u take picture stage by stage.

welcome to 4G92 MIVEC GROUP....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience