SAFC in GTI

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Guy ,

1 ) Is it worth to install SAFC in 4G93 engine ?
2 ) If yes , what are the improvement that will be seen ?
3 ) Will the HP increase ? How much ?
4 ) Price ?

cheer up
:rock: :rock: :rock:

MaNofWaR

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site
hi...
basically safc is a good platform to start.
it does serve its purpose to squeeze some juices out as well as the cool display factor
generally you are able to get the optimum air & fuel mixture (but that goes into the tuning & tweaking the safc)
pricing is i would say quite friendly to your wallet too...
don't expect the car will transform into a beast after installing it...cos basically it have to compliment with the hardware mods u've done. if everything stock standard, its adviseable u save for other mods i.e exhaust, ignition, air filters. its not THE ONLY thing if u put in ur car n expect wonders...but its a good starting platform.

remember the quest for performance doesn't end there n there. been there done that....n it still goes on.....

my 2 cents

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Actually , what are things can be adjusted and monitored when using SAFC ? What are the things need no mod when using SAFC ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
I read an article from a foreign tuner magazine that S-AFC should be the last mod or second last mod.

You can consider S-AFC as the thing that tie up all your mods together to bring out optimun results.

So what you should do is the following:

1) Remove Catalytic Converter
2) Change exhaust system ( piping, extractor, tailpipe )
3) Air Filter
4) Spark plug cables and spark plugs ( Denso Iradium )

and then maybe finally S-AFC.

But another better product would be SMT or some other piggyback ECU that can do more than what S-AFC can do.

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Ermmmmm , sound good .

Actually , i'm using GTI . As everyone know already , GTI's
extractor is 4-2-1 and do i have to change it ? If yes , change to what system ?

initialD ,
Can you elobrate more detail on the piggyback ? I have heard
a lot of people saying about it but no one explains how it works . Can you tell approximately how mush it will cost ?

cheers ...... :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
piggyback normaly ppl put when the stock ecu cannot suport ur cureny hardware.....so need piggyback to suport it up...

if wan beter performance...normaly ppl juz change to gsr turbo..cheap n powerful..

of coz if u wan stick back to ur curent engine oso can...can mod as well....

SAFC wit intake n ekzos system upgrade...wil be helpful..

original gti wit 4-2-1, tat is extractor...try changing the piping after extractor til the end....

my 2 cent

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Is this means that piggy back is more expensive than GSR conversation ??? N is piggy back plug and play ? What type or brand of piggy back will give the pleasure of mod ?

Ermmm ,,,,
About the exzos piping , how big will it help ? :handkiss:

zakie

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
SAFC on NA??
sure best one, :rock: hp wiLL increase 10-15hp...(RM1400 brand new)
wanna more power, instaLL e-manage(RM1500) for budget one, or u got enough money instaLL microtech(RM3k++), sure wiLL bLah punYa, even vR4 standard sure wiLL kena if side bY side :rock: ,
remember arrr those price are without instaLLation charges...
:dancing2:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone know whats the problem going with my car coz .... my wira se meter lights is white ..... then after driving long oledi the meter light become yellowish ..... not really yellowish but not white .... turned yellowish ..... anyone know whats the problem goin on ? when jalan also not dat white but idle oledi really can see the difference .....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience