Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Interesting. There's a comment about plugs dying faster than their change interval.
yes this cause shorten the life of a plug, a friend of mine had some thing like this but well built and it cost alot too in average his plug shelf life is 10k mileage.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
yes this cause shorten the life of a plug, a friend of mine had some thing like this but well built and it cost alot too in average his plug shelf life is 10k mileage.
Yes, definitely. More powerful spark will cause higher wear on the electrode.

Thats why its much better to tune proper a/f and ignition timing. Advancing ignition give you same effect w/o any issues.

Just check out on how a more powerful spark can improve the flame spreading in combustion. Pulstar is one of them that claim their plugs allow fuel to burn faster and hence more power.

This is the same as igniting the mixture earlier.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
speedwork dyno machine is.... lol
i suggest dyno-ing elsewhere with more 'accurate' machine :biggrin:
That bad ka?

Hi guys! Any idea where I could find this device and how much is it?
Hi, Peter please quote price for both the normal & Super FireStorm.
Thanks
Guys, this isn't a buy/sell thread ok. If you want to buy this thing, PM Peter directly, don't ask for quote this and that here in a discussion thread thanks

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
@Izso : Any updates? :biggrin:

I'm not a fan of this, but interested to see how true some people claims it to be that great.. :p

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
@Izso : Any updates? :biggrin:

I'm not a fan of this, but interested to see how true some people claims it to be that great.. :p
No updates yet. I couldn't come to an agreement on a loan unit or a cheaper priced unit (even at a special cheaper price it was kinda high for me). I haven't had the time to meet cvkit to grab his unit for testing.

vr2 I think you told me you had one too right? Perhaps I'll grab that off you together with the 17" you were loaning me?

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
No updates yet. I couldn't come to an agreement on a loan unit or a cheaper priced unit (even at a special cheaper price it was kinda high for me). I haven't had the time to meet cvkit to grab his unit for testing.

vr2 I think you told me you had one too right? Perhaps I'll grab that off you together with the 17" you were loaning me?
21 pages and you haven't gotten your loan unit.. :confused:

How about we kutip derma? Everyone contributes a certain amount of money :D

Sent from my ME173X

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
21 pages and you haven't gotten your loan unit.. :confused:

How about we kutip derma? Everyone contributes a certain amount of money :D

Sent from my ME173X
don't want la! Last time someone here did that for his car rebuild thread it caused a lot of controversy. I don't want to be in that situation

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
don't want la! Last time someone here did that for his car rebuild thread it caused a lot of controversy. I don't want to be in that situation
Deja vu much, it seems. :rofl:

But anyways, I've read through all 21 pages, and there's still no solid answer. Not trying to kutuk anyone here, but I must say that you are very very patient. :biggrin:

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
now mudah got some trader sell same unit different brand but at lower price...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yup, can unplug it out for you too. Is in the Hyundai...:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys. Have question on evo I.

It was OK after the convertion. But only got this problem lately.

The boost doesnt come on time. Sometimes 3.5K rpm full boost sometimes may be 4K-5K.
The car feels laggish compare to last time.

Sometimes after boosting, the check engine light will be on.
Then when idle, RPM will be less than 1K. The car will be shaking.
Throttle becomes heavier. Can acccelerate but rpm takes very long to build up.

After body has any idea whats happening?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience