Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
anyone can claim anything about their product here because there is a big black hole of subjectiveness for a product to work.
some of these add-on products may work as claimed with bone-stock, factory tuned cars, but useless with cars that has been modded.

But one thing about QMax I can respect - their full refund policy if the user of their product is not satisfied, and finds out after adding 'the thing' on, it doesn't work. This is a challenge that every add-on product manufacturer should adapt.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
anyone can claim anything about their product here because there is a big black hole of subjectiveness for a product to work.
some of these add-on products may work as claimed with bone-stock, factory tuned cars, but useless with cars that has been modded.

But one thing about QMax I can respect - their full refund policy if the user of their product is not satisfied, and finds out after adding 'the thing' on, it doesn't work. This is a challenge that every add-on product manufacturer should adapt.
Agree on this! That's makes it more convincing and buyer will feel secure to try it out.

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
that's why I agree to buy & try the thing in the first place, because I am not the sort of dude who are optimistic about these sort 'add-on' products unless there is a win-win situation sort of guarantee... especially in this since last decade... too many-many-many fake auto-stuff in the market. Think how 'stressed' we, the autopart consumers are, nowadays to find something that is safe to use for our car.... I know I'm stressed when walking into some 'performance parts' shop... hold a part and spent 30mins trying to find facts to convince myself... that would be worth my money, and won't toast my car. I've been through that dreadful moment with fake parts (after successfully tricking myself, IT'S OKAY TO USE!)... but no more man... tow trucks ain't cheap these days.

I even ban myself from visiting shops too eager selling fake parts. Stopping at those sort of shops just waste of time... I'd rather stop at the spa for some tomyam...

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Hi guys, i'm not promoting this product or what but i've stumbled upon this so called properly done sheet on facebook by on of it's seller.

*For some reasons i've deleted the sellers contact,address and company name in order not to get deleted as advertising this item.

I've tried this product in my car with the seller sitting beside me.. result of before and after is = 0. I do not feel anything different..I've tried very hard to "butt dyno" a few rounds with him, but i ain't convinced.. so he was convinced that it doesn't give anything different to my car. But he change to saying it should save fuel for my car.. which i tell him it's ok, i give it a miss as the price is too expensive for me..

Later on, he went dyno using his car with this product to show the before and after results posted on facebook..
If i remember clearly, the HP indeed increased by 1.2hp and the torque i can't remember... After since, he stop pushing this product aggressively already.. :rolleyes:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Qmax products are very highly priced. They return policy can be a gimmick too. I have friends in other industries having these return policy. To them the percentage of return is very very small. Some are not bothered to do the claim, so it is beneficial to the company selling them....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Low boost turbo increase fuel efficiency and more power too.
Low boost also still higher fuel feed over standard mah!....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks ls2turbo. Your post confirmed my suspicions on the functionality of the firestorm. Im quite confident the device will have no effect on my wira. I am already using a plug cable that jacks up the spark power like how fs does.

But i still wanna test it cvkit. When free to meetup

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks ls2turbo. Your post confirmed my suspicions on the functionality of the firestorm. Im quite confident the device will have no effect on my wira. I am already using a plug cable that jacks up the spark power like how fs does.

If his does not fit, try mine.....:driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Qmax products are very highly priced. They return policy can be a gimmick too. I have friends in other industries having these return policy. To them the percentage of return is very very small. Some are not bothered to do the claim, so it is beneficial to the company selling them....:smokin:

Low boost also still higher fuel feed over standard mah!....:driver:

No lor, but u get power to fuel ratio, i think low boost better.

If his does not fit, try mine.....:driver:
Swinger club ah.

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
You are wrong bro.

We are not and cannot stop anyone from cutting open the FireStorm. You are most welcomed to do it if you can find a donor willing to sacrifice the money they paid for it.

I already advised you guys to cut the Super model as it gives faster acceleration power compared to the Normal model. You can all then make a copy of the Super FireStorm yourself.

If I or the inventor are worried then we would surely discourage you from doing so. Not many in ZTH have bought the FireStorm and have not experienced what it can do but there are a lot of speculations. This is almost the same scenario as in the Chinese Cari Forum where a bunch of idiots there just made a huge hullabaloo over the FireStorm and claimed they uncovered what was inside the unit but they actually could not share the photo of what was inside when other members asked for the photos.

My customers in Lowyat have posted their testimonials of the positive effects of the FireStorm in their engine and that itself is worth much much more than what I could do or say by myself.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Would you be willing to make a bet that the FireStorm is just another ignition stabilizer utilizing capacitors to boost its voltage?

I'm game if you are. Name your price bro.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Smart, but not totally.

Would you put a wager on it that it utilizes capacitors to boost its voltage, current or frequency? This wager is open to anyone in ZTH. Hehe.

Cheers mate.
I not sure about other, me as my self I buy from chinese cari, I brought a super for my Almera, after 2 week test I had found that, I got extra few 20~50km even though there was traffic jams, about the Torque increase, I got no idea, But will be going to do dyno test after my exhaust and open pod from speedwork, I will proceed for a dyno test.
My self I put quite some trust into this product.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I not sure about other, me as my self I buy from chinese cari, I brought a super for my Almera, after 2 week test I had found that, I got extra few 20~50km even though there was traffic jams, about the Torque increase, I got no idea, But will be going to do dyno test after my exhaust and open pod from speedwork, I will proceed for a dyno test.
My self I put quite some trust into this product.
You should dyno before and after, if not you don't know what is working and what is not?:driver:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004

Yes bro Izso, i guess for those relatively stock car.. i can say you should have some good results feedback.. if for those like mine which already have a few other gadgets, i think the result aren't significant already.. So does is bang for a buck? You need to judge yourself.. some say it's fuel saving, some say it creates extra torque/hp.. If you think the result is worth that money spent, by all means get it.. but to me i'm not.. well that's me.. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody tried buying china oxygen sensor before? Anyone bought before and is it ok?

I tried to find new oxygen sensor for my car, its a nissan primera P12 engine. The sensor connector is light blue color, with 3 wires. Couldnt find original or branded oem sensor. All i can find is china brand or no brand oxygen sensor from china..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience