Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Smart, but not totally.

Would you put a wager on it that it utilizes capacitors to boost its voltage, current or frequency? This wager is open to anyone in ZTH. Hehe.

Cheers mate.
I'm not an electrical engineer nor do I claim to be one. But I do know this is a spark inductor and spark inductors ultimately utilize caps in the PWM circuit and power convertor. So to say it doesn't utilize capacitors wouldn't be quite accurate and at the same time saying it does wouldn't be exactly the truth either.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
cvkit, FS need to cut wires? I have seeing the FS unit up close and it's only plug into the ignition fuse. No need to cut wire. Just need to get the fuse on the FS polarity right if fitted wrongly your car will not start...

Izso, you got PM
Gotta cut some wires to tap in for Izso's car...most other cars no need.

http://youtu.be/-CNLFTZg_7E

There is already something similar...power storm. Actually from the testing kit I saw in the video..kinda like peterlm's one keke

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

POWERSTORM BOOSTER - YouTube

There is already something similar...power storm. Actually from the testing kit I saw in the video..kinda like peterlm's one keke
No no.. I found out mine is direct plug into my fuse box. Same like most cars

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Oh another thing - Power storm is not the same as firestorm. If you look at the way the spark reacts Firestorm goes crazy and the spark goes everywhere. The Power storm thingy just extends the reach of the spark. I'm guessing it's just different frequencies.

I now officially declare that I want that test rig. LOL!

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
I'm not an electrical engineer nor do I claim to be one. But I do know this is a spark inductor and spark inductors ultimately utilize caps in the PWM circuit and power convertor. So to say it doesn't utilize capacitors wouldn't be quite accurate and at the same time saying it does wouldn't be exactly the truth either.
Spoken like a wise man.

Cheers bro.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

It is similar but is the 1st version of the older model. Price is higher bit power is lesser.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

No problem geh...but gotta cut ur wires wor...unless u test it on another car.

Actually I really dislike that FS has no company name or contacts or whatsoever. Even if they give lifetime warranty, lets say the one who sells to me strike toto and migrate to Hawaii, who do I go to? Will other distributors take up my calls for the warranty?
I will support you in such case if you had purchased it from my dealer.

If you purchased from other dealers, I can also support you but you have to pay for shipping both ways plus a minimal service charge.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

That is why I said that the PS is the older model. Now you guys understand.

No no.. I found out mine is direct plug into my fuse box. Same like most cars

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Oh another thing - Power storm is not the same as firestorm. If you look at the way the spark reacts Firestorm goes crazy and the spark goes everywhere. The Power storm thingy just extends the reach of the spark. I'm guessing it's just different frequencies.

I now officially declare that I want that test rig. LOL!

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Actually, I've been doing quite a bit of googling on this product (google does not equal to research) and from what I can make out, it basically is a voltage regulator or inducer that messes with the frequency of the electricity so the spark is more refined or is more violent so it is able to 'reach out' further (if you have aggressively side gapped plugs this is useful). I'm not certain how it benefits the combustion process though. I'd need to get my paws on one for testing.

Cvkit - loan me yours laaaaaaaa

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Peterlm - no need to get all defensive with me. I'm not pro nor against your product, I'm more interested to know how it ticks. And like I said - I'm sure we'll find a little more than just a few caps so no need to wager. I'm not keen on starting an argument with you.

How much does this product retail for?
Haha. No worries bro.

Many are interested to find out how it ticks and want to make a clone of it but they have not been successful. I have shared the theory with you all and although the FireStorm seem to work somewhat in the manner explained in the video yet it is not similar to the device in the video.

Cheers.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not sure who is your dealer..but I shall contact all the dealers so happens that my FS goes kapult and if the one who sold me does not distribute FS anymore.

Well if u ask me, everything is possible to be cloned. The purpose of me creating this thread is to share my experience and knowledge which in turn I wish to earn from others too. Good or bad, worthy or not, how it works, etc, that's the purpose of this thread. Izso had tested and reviewed many products some of which is more reputable and famous than firestorm. That is why no matter how good or bad a product is, we want to test it just because we want to test it. We earn nothing from it but knowledge and experience. Should the test result comes out good, the sellers are the one who benefits. So to say that firestorm has earned it's name in the market so the creator does not bother with any independent testing, it is a loss for him coz he surely does not know the concept of leveraging. A very confident and far sighted businessman would invest into something in order to get back twice or thrice or more from the cost of investment. Unless the product is busted, which is also possible (you see surbo was selling like hot cakes in some markets but it is a busted product). Of course, he reserve the very rights to his own action and we all respect it.

If the person who contacted Izso (William?) is committed into lending a unit for the test, then he should reply to Izso's query. If he has changed his mind not to do it, then he shall inform Izso and not by going MIA. That is one seller that I would first avoid. This paragraph is my own opinion only and it is a general statement and example. Anyone who choose to agree or disagree, I don't give a fart ya. Although I fart a lot.

In ZTH, we are different from LYN or Cari or mari or lari forum. That is why firestorm was difficult to market in here. Please do not ask me how is it different from other forums...that, my friend, you gotta discover it yourself.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You are wrong bro.

We are not and cannot stop anyone from cutting open the FireStorm. You are most welcomed to do it if you can find a donor willing to sacrifice the money they paid for it.

I already advised you guys to cut the Super model as it gives faster acceleration power compared to the Normal model. You can all then make a copy of the Super FireStorm yourself.

If I or the inventor are worried then we would surely discourage you from doing so. Not many in ZTH have bought the FireStorm and have not experienced what it can do but there are a lot of speculations. This is almost the same scenario as in the Chinese Cari Forum where a bunch of idiots there just made a huge hullabaloo over the FireStorm and claimed they uncovered what was inside the unit but they actually could not share the photo of what was inside when other members asked for the photos.

My customers in Lowyat have posted their testimonials of the positive effects of the FireStorm in their engine and that itself is worth much much more than what I could do or say by myself.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers
Firstly, I am not the one to say to cut it open. I just mentioned to loan a set to bro. Izso for test. And usually if manufacturers are confident of their product, they are never afraid on any test since they have done their research.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

In ZTH, we are different from LYN or Cari or mari or lari forum. That is why firestorm was difficult to market in here. Please do not ask me how is it different from other forums...that, my friend, you gotta discover it yourself.
In ZTH, members are mod kakis. Either they go for major mod or they will use proven products.
LYN different market and is like share market, buy and sell only. Want to do business that is the place as mentioned by the seller....:driver:

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Yup. Many will not want to clean up the sh*t of others but since I was and am still actively promoting the FireStorm right from the beginning where no one had even heard of the FireStorm, I will help anyone whose dealer have gone MIA or just refuse to service his customer.

I agree its the inventor's own loss or gain if he is not interested to cooperate to have any in-depth practical independent testing of his product. And when Surbo was introduced to me by a Penang dealer back in the early 90's I already found it was a fake product simply because of the way the product worked and the method to activate its supposed performance gain.

I too, test affordable performance products and end up marketing those products if they are found to be beneficial as what is claimed by the inventor. I make the product available with information on its pros and cons. In this way, many will benefit from a truly working product.

If Izso had contacted me first to propose his idea of an independent unbiased test then I may have loaned him a unit for his testing. But he approached the wrong guy who unfortunately "Fong Fei Kei". Hahaha.

I'm not sure who is your dealer..but I shall contact all the dealers so happens that my FS goes kapult and if the one who sold me does not distribute FS anymore.

Well if u ask me, everything is possible to be cloned. The purpose of me creating this thread is to share my experience and knowledge which in turn I wish to earn from others too. Good or bad, worthy or not, how it works, etc, that's the purpose of this thread. Izso had tested and reviewed many products some of which is more reputable and famous than firestorm. That is why no matter how good or bad a product is, we want to test it just because we want to test it. We earn nothing from it but knowledge and experience. Should the test result comes out good, the sellers are the one who benefits. So to say that firestorm has earned it's name in the market so the creator does not bother with any independent testing, it is a loss for him coz he surely does not know the concept of leveraging. A very confident and far sighted businessman would invest into something in order to get back twice or thrice or more from the cost of investment. Unless the product is busted, which is also possible (you see surbo was selling like hot cakes in some markets but it is a busted product). Of course, he reserve the very rights to his own action and we all respect it.

If the person who contacted Izso (William?) is committed into lending a unit for the test, then he should reply to Izso's query. If he has changed his mind not to do it, then he shall inform Izso and not by going MIA. That is one seller that I would first avoid. This paragraph is my own opinion only and it is a general statement and example. Anyone who choose to agree or disagree, I don't give a fart ya. Although I fart a lot.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Firstly, I am not the one to say to cut it open. I just mentioned to loan a set to bro. Izso for test. And usually if manufacturers are confident of their product, they are never afraid on any test since they have done their research.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

In ZTH, members are mod kakis. Either they go for major mod or they will use proven products.
LYN different market and is like share market, buy and sell only. Want to do business that is the place as mentioned by the seller....:driver:
ZTH Forummers are more upmarket kakis. Have more money to spend but also want the corresponding value of what they pay for. But more importantly I believe ZTH kakis are willing to spend big money for bigger gains. Voltage Stabilizers are useless products and would not gain any market foothold in ZTH.

Having said that, are there any Forummers here who can claim the VS they are using gives acceleration power to their engine? I would like to debunk the myth of all those useless Voltage Stabilizers and educate the public not to be conned into buying a useless product.

Cheers.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup. Many will not want to clean up the sh*t of others but since I was and am still actively promoting the FireStorm right from the beginning where no one had even heard of the FireStorm, I will help anyone whose dealer have gone MIA or just refuse to service his customer.

I agree its the inventor's own loss or gain if he is not interested to cooperate to have any in-depth practical independent testing of his product. And when Surbo was introduced to me by a Penang dealer back in the early 90's I already found it was a fake product simply because of the way the product worked and the method to activate its supposed performance gain.

I too, test affordable performance products and end up marketing those products if they are found to be beneficial as what is claimed by the inventor. I make the product available with information on its pros and cons. In this way, many will benefit from a truly working product.

If Izso had contacted me first to propose his idea of an independent unbiased test then I may have loaned him a unit for his testing. But he approached the wrong guy who unfortunately "Fong Fei Kei". Hahaha.
ha! ha! then in the first place should not volunteer....anyway, I think it was him to approach bro. Izso, as we do not know any seller of firestorm. Of course, now we know you....:biggrin:

Ah! you can still loan bro. Izso a set for testing....:smokin::driver:

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
ha! ha! then in the first place should not volunteer....anyway, I think it was him to approach bro. Izso, as we do not know any seller of firestorm. Of course, now we know you....:biggrin:

Ah! you can still loan bro. Izso a set for testing....:smokin::driver:
Aiyah. You guys have not searchrd the ZTH forum for this product lah.

I posted a thread on 28 November 2011 under post ID 394145. Many have replied and PM me on the FireStorm and have bought from me. Its not as lively here as in Lowyat though.

Cheers.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I fart a lot.
Damn. You wrote quite a lot and this was all that I absorbed :biggrin:

Oh don't get me wrong. I never approached anyone. Out of the blue someone SMS-ed me saying that they wanted to loan me a unit for testing but I had to specify him as the seller in my review. I replied and he said he was outstation and not back until Thurs (last week 5th). I tried to setup a meet half way on fri but due to personal constraints I wasn't able to meet him. Tried to setup a meet on Sunday, he agreed but no news after that. Basically the way I saw it was I was the one 'eager' to test, not him 'eager' to let me test. I don't push people to let me try things and if they do, good for them if the review is good. Too bad if the review is not. That's just the risk they have to take.

Ultimately, you've made it quite clear you're not interested in letting me review the product so I'm not bothered to ask you. Like I said - the effort has to come from the seller/manufacturer like in the case of Vsafe who went all out to get my attention. From what I heard, they've made close to RM3k sales in less than a week purely from ZTH alone. I won't say it's thanks to my review but I'm sure I just opened the possibilities for them.

Anyway guys (vr2turbo, cvkit and all) - if FS manufacturer or Peter is not keen on the test, don't keep pressuring them/him. It's not going to go anywhere if either one is forced to do something unwillingly and quite frankly if I do a test I want full support from the seller or manufacturer so I can ask my questions without any reservations. So let's just leave it at that for now.

CVKit - but if you're still up for it I wanna test your unit. Heh.

I wonder if I can self build that test rig. Looks easy enough. :biggrin:

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Ah. Now I know the whole story. Thanks for the explanation Izso.

Since that guy approached you then backed out a few times which is a bad thing to do as he had shown how irresponsible he is and this will cause him his credibility and future sales. Will anyone dare to buy from him again? I have had some customer's russle with him a few times but just left him be.

I am not worried about the outcome of your test, be it positive or negative as the test setup will be based on your own environment and your own expectations. I take this as a challenge to show that I am who I say I am so I will send you a Super model of the FireStorm to test until the end of this month, 30 September 2013. Just send it back to me the following day after the expiry of this loan period.

How does that sound? Hahaha.

Cheers.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Calm Down everyone....anyway me and Izso is arranging for a test on the FS from a different source. Will keep updating.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Calm Down everyone....anyway me and Izso is arranging for a test on the FS from a different source. Will keep updating.
Yup. We will see. Hahaha.

By the way, it must be a long drive all the way from Seremban to Kajang last Friday night for TT and not get to test the FireStorm. Hehe.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Yup. We will see. Hahaha.

By the way, it must be a long drive all the way from Seremban to Kajang last Friday night for TT and not get to test the FireStorm. Hehe.
Kajang to Seremban not far la.....I even went all the way to Kepong, Publika, Shah Alam, Malacca few times for TT also have....it's not the journey that matters is the people that you can meet at TT and the new friendship you can make....that's is worth it.

I also forgot about the test also because was indulge with sharing info and chatting with the attendees.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm on stock absorbers with Eibach springs and the gap is 2 finger front/rear. The problem is going into basement carparks (as usual). The question is, can I add a damper or how can I make it 1 more finger higher? Another 10mm or so would be just nice to save my skirtings and bodykits :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience