Retro Race 2 at Dato Sagor track, Kg. Gajah, Perak

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

The 5th of June was an awesome day where tons of drivers brought their old rusted metals to a secluded race track, nestled in Kg. Gajah, Perak. Unbeknownst to all, this track has existed for years now and has been venues for circuit racing, drifting and drag racing.

Retro Race 2, was organised by 2 old school enthusiasts, Han and Jeya. These guy's live and breathe with old school metal day and night. They decided to bring on the Retro Race series from last year and created a second chapter in it.

There were tons of participants take joined the race. They were about 50 parked cars in the area and each participant were required to pay RM150 as an entry fee. These guys would compete in the below 1300cc, 1500cc, 1600cc, 1800cc and open class category. However, cars with forced induction would have a multiplier effect of 1.8 times, so that they could be placed in the proper displacement category.

At the first half of the day, racers sign up for the event and prepare their car for the track. They drive a few rounds on the track to familiarise with the layout of the track. The track was rather narrow, though it was rather wider than a go kart track. However, the best weapon to bring on a track is a lightweight machine, capable of providing power at low rpm range and able to carve through corners like butter. Although, I've yet to see a heavier larger car that could do wonders on a tight corner like this.

Look at these gentlemen posing right in front of the car. They were definitely having a blast!

I was taxi driven in an old light green Toyota Corolla KE70 prepped with a quad-throttle 4AGE set-up. The car was just fantastic, it was just sliding corners so gracefully that it's going on the track mindfully fast! I had to thank the owner and the workshop that did the car to provide such an exhilarating experience to me.

There were a number of nice looking retro cars that you do not normally see on the road. The Toyota Celica TA22 was definitely an eye candy. Besides Japanese cars, there was a Fiat Ritmo Strada that was parked on the grass. It participated in the track race, which sadly I did not take a video of it in action.

Fiat Ritmo Strada showing its thing!

Overall, the turn out was great. Too bad, I didn't stayed long enough till the end of the track day as I had some personal matters to attend. I will update the winner's list when I have a reply from the organisers.

Attachments

Last edited:

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
It also has a hotel/motel nearby the river too.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
actually its across the river, as u can see from the track!

AlgenTo

Feb 27, 2009
Both of the girls wear slipper, so casual.. haha...:biggrin:

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
aaauu missed it !! whats the criteria to join the retro race?

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
cars older than 1989 as said by them

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
im sure u can join anyways, thats the rule, 1989 and below

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can someone teach me or help me on installing wira s.e bumper to wira sedan?? and the grill.. coz i install the grill, seen like "terkeluar" from the lamp..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience