Repair Hella Horn

ylkien

May 17, 2005
KL/PJ

One of my hella horn isn't working (no sound).

Does anyone have experience repairing it? Could you please share.

Thx

acbc

KD
Try connecting to battery direct. Maybe fuse or relay kaput. Sometimes could be due to bad wiring.

Horn are designed to be maintenance free device. If not working, its probably wiring.

My KE ori horn still working after 20++ years. Not as loud as new, but still make Bangla jumped out from their pants when I horn them from behind in pasar malam. I installed the horns near bumper instead of engine bay to make the sound lounder.

depend on what car oso......

I'm not driving protong mar.....

skyline2778

Apr 28, 2005
Sban
Hey what if only one horn works when i honk?is it the relay problem?but sometimes both works....

KLEMANN

Apr 5, 2006
Problem too.......

hi.....i`m klemann....still new here....junior,
in fact my car hon of the pair doesn`t work when use them.....the most supprised me is when i took it out, i found that horn inside contain water.......after dry it up few day is still doesn`t work....is there any solution to fix bac other than replace a new 1??????? n my horn hella brand just few month only..........:confused_smile:

ThunderGod_Cid

Dec 2, 2005
my HELLA horn was fitter a few months ago. right after i fitted, only one side of the twin horn got sound. sometimes both got sound. i had to bring it to the sparepart shop n demo in front of him. he didnt believe me at first, but finally he gave me a new 'half' of the horn.

ylkien

May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
yea. Actually, my hella horn (1 side) still got a bit of sound. Sound like "pangsai"...so, it happened to 1, and not both units.

Horns do get spoil too....

Actually i hav done half of the wiring.. manual timer can working but the auto timer not working yet, still looking anyone who know this diagram

Red wire = 12v
Blue wire = ACC
Green wire = ON
Black wire = Ground

got another 4 extra wires,
- GREY (maybe h/brake)
- YELLOW
- GREEN
- BROWN

i dunno where to tap it. btw got ppl selling new one, but i...