Reccomended paint shop KL

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Any suggestions on good and quality paint shops round kl area? My car is full of dents and scratches everywhere mostly because of my dog :D I was wondering how do I identify whether if they are using good quality paint and lacquer ? And how to judge their workmanship and quality? Like for example taking off headlights and door trims etc? What shops should I avoid? Please advice and need some suggestions for good quality shops

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Im planning to paint my ride at progarage soon, anyone have any feedback from their workmanship?
How much they charge and is it a sedan?

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
How much they charge and is it a sedan?
Quite expensive. They quoted rm5k to change colour and 1 month of work time. I surwayed a few other places. Price range around 3k to 4.5k to change colour for a cefiro a33. But most of the shops I went to are known for their quality. Some parts of my current paint condition quite bad.. last time claim from insurance and they used some cheap paint now its all peeling off.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Depending on what u meant by 'dents' n d actual condition of ur car if require some sort of knocking or welding job then extra costs do apply...since u x mention type of color ur interested in I assume d price quoted to u @ 5k is for inside out job inc d extra work mentioned above...

Anyway just FYI I did a cefiro once before inside out job...in pearl...inc refurbishing of 18in rims plus undercarriage anti rust slightly lower then what ur quoted...

Another note...when insurance claiming its a norm they use low or average quality products..plus d workmanship...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Depending on what u meant by 'dents' n d actual condition of ur car if require some sort of knocking or welding job then extra costs do apply...since u x mention type of color ur interested in I assume d price quoted to u @ 5k is for inside out job inc d extra work mentioned above...

Anyway just FYI I did a cefiro once before inside out job...in pearl...inc refurbishing of 18in rims plus undercarriage anti rust slightly lower then what ur quoted...

Another note...when insurance claiming its a norm they use low or average quality products..plus d workmanship...
Insurance one all out for fast buck mah!

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Quite expensive. They quoted rm5k to change colour and 1 month of work time. I surwayed a few other places. Price range around 3k to 4.5k to change colour for a cefiro a33. But most of the shops I went to are known for their quality. Some parts of my current paint condition quite bad.. last time claim from insurance and they used some cheap paint now its all peeling off.
Bro. hex,
All depends you want quality or cheap. Some cheap ones will be like your insurance claim paint and peel within 2 years.:banghead:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

That is expensive. But its just painting outside or they gonna do inside as well?

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

Awesome, can you pm me your number and shop location? Ill drop by tomorrow to your shop and we can discuss further.
One of my 18 inch rims also need refurbishing. Would be awesome if everything can be done in a reasonable price. And are you using glasurit paint, lacquer etc?

That is expensive. But its just painting outside or they gonna do inside as well?
Yeah inside too.. don't think ill be doing at those shop. Over my budget..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

i recently serviced my car and asked the mech to take out the spark plug to see the condition of it,

below is the pic:

it looks like its in healthy condition judging by the light gray deposit but the cracks look like i have been experiencing detonation

any help?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience