RE Club 2006 Events List

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Dear Re Owners,

As 2005 comes to an end i call upon members to come forward and propose events/gatherings/Monthly meetings etc. We have many members out there but there's hardly any chance of meeting them. Please spread the word.

My personal suggestion would to include Sepang Track Days as we have a couple of owners here (you know eho you are ;) ) interested to participate and perhaps give the others a run for their money.

Monthly meetings?

Road Trips?

I invite all to please give suggestions as without them the club cannot proceed. I thank all in advance.

Phat7

Last edited by a moderator:

reartyre

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
D

i'am all out for:

1. Track Day
2. Drift Day
3. Workshop Day
4. Blink Blink Factor Day ( hehehe)

reartyre

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
then we can also record all on video cam and view it back on a wide screen projector with a couple of drinks during our meetings and pick on each other ... hehehehe ....

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
1. monthly meetings.. this is a must, and already underway. we need all you guys to participate, not just the usual fanatics (you know who you are :wink: )

2. workshop days.. ahh.. this is prolly the second best thing after the monthly meetings.. like they say, misery loves company. it's always best to f@#k up our cars in a group tryin to DIY... phat7, remember our silicon hose change outing... hahaha (another big thanks to chan!!)

3. track day.. hmmm...

4. road trips.. sounds good, its always nice to convoy.. best part is, we can always get other car makes to join. already got a beautiful (and nimble-quick) pocket rocket (rice?) honda tagging along most of the time anyways :wink: :wink:

5. bling bling factor day? apa ni...? :biggrin:

reartyre

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
5. bling bling factor day? apa ni...?

hey ... not for you la ... only for the single and alone or anyone who thinks he's still single and alone and also available .... hehehehehe

right or not phat7 .... hehehehe

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
reartyre said:
5. bling bling factor day? apa ni...?

hey ... not for you la ... only for the single and alone or anyone who thinks he's still single and alone and also available .... hehehehehe

right or not phat7 .... hehehehe
heheh... phat7 phat7... i hope ms.S doesnt check this forum... hahahahahaha

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
Roadshow?

Hello there...

Though I'm not a member of the RE club, but hopefully this gets counted in :smile:

Was wondering if we could have roadshows (if not now, maybe in the near future) to educate the general public about rotaries specifically. Say like something during Sepang events, we could set up booth, and probably sell souveniors, promote the club, get a video together maybe...an educational one, regarding history, development and where the whole hoo-hah is headed in the future.

Probably we could look forward to setting up similar booths in shopping complexes too in a couple of years time during automotive related events (dreamcars, autoshows bla bla bla).

The concensus among the public regarding rotaries are almost non-existant or quite biased. Ideally, we'd like to get the rotary up to the standard of recognition that the reciprocating bangers have.

Personally, I myself have thought the rotary has been long gone from our local motorsport scene but today, sharing a common pit with Ron Lim's and Peter (forgot the rest of his name) 20B(?) powered FCs (MMS final round), made me realize how very alive the triangles are in our local race scene. Just need more people.

Aight cheers mates. Thanks for reading me ramblings.

Last edited:

reartyre

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
mmmmmmm .....

hi all

was wondering ... why people who own,love,admire,rebuild,obsessed etc on rotaries always want to educate those who does not know anything about rotory ....

i mean .. they can say /think whatever they want negatively about the rotary(Beemers, Merc, continental or non-continental etc also have same issues) but still i dont think it will affect any rotary owners, mecha. etc thoughts about it ...

whats the worst they can afford to say besides the technology itself is very costly to live with, not maintainence friendly or whatever ...

when i hear people say about those typical issues about rotaries ... i got to think ... since a bad reputation has been given on rotaries ... how many are there willing to take that chance ... theres not many right on this forum ???? so ... it feels good to know that i'am one of those eventhough sometime i feel that i dont know shi* about rotories ...

you still drive your car around and people know that it has a rotary engine inside with their jaws wide open ... i assume la .. but i dont think that its that bad right ...

honestly i think that if the public does not know or does not want to know or perhaps couldn't care less about the technology behind the rotary .. it is more likely towards mentallity ... u cannot expect everyone to understand it but there are some who does not know but mentally there prepared to except and somehow understand how it works than later apply the who,why,when,what and "WHOA" ...

i also think that it'll go down to ... you pay for what you drive ... simple as that ...

when i learn about this club i thought that it was about having fun and taking chances while feeling special as well la ... hehhe ... now it seems that everyone(not all) is more interested to be a rotary "AMBASSADOR" rather than taking it for for swell spin ... coz when i got my ride .. it was like a pillow(the car la of coz hehehe) that i use to take a break on after dealing with occupational pressure, mentally ill humans and the bad side of life itself ...

i just dont see the point of these rotory "MOVEMENT" that should be kept alive ... if there is pls let know ... coz mentally i'am willing to except and understand ... hehehehe

cheers,
my 2cents

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
wah... reartyre... u're 2sen very expensive wo... so long... keke... :tee:

personally, there are all sorts of nut jobs out there. some love the car, but dont know jack-sh#i abt it. drive it around for 1 yr (thats long for some), and then abandon / sell / burn / destroy it as problems crop up due to ignorance. Many forget, that we are driving around a very *special* machine here. For these who is not bothered to know anything abt the car, then the rotary is jus a ticking bomb.

Then there are those who take the time, to put in alot of hands on experience (read: DIY). These guys are usually the fanatics that, over time, learn a LOT (read: know more than malaysian rotary bengkel occupants). These ppl will take the time to scour websites, books, forums, etc, and put in alot of sweat, backpain & BLOOD (yes, blood...) into the cars. Believe me, this car, can be a source of alot of joy, heartache and alot of sleepless nights (as quoted from one REAL rotary sifu... "if i could park my car in the bedroom, i'd be working on it while watching my TV").

However, my personal take on this is, the best part is the friends i've made over the very short period of time i've owned the vehicle. Monster bengali with his soon-coming-monster, "tayar belakang", the very "malaysian" australian, KC, and some others. The time spent lepaking together (read: boozing & complaining about rotary) IS the best, PERIOD!

saru-kun : your ideas are very good, but only workable in an ideal world. Here in malaysia, the rotary community is very small, and the sad part is, most who ownes rx7s, arent even sure of what they want, and in this case, these guys SELDOM keep the car for long. For the unsure (read: ignorant), the car is a very unreliable machine. For those who take the time to burn the midnight oil for the rotary (read: lifeless fanatics), the car is a pure joy to drive & to own.

thats my 0.05

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
Ah yeah....I suppose, too much wishful thinking. I'm young you know hahahahaha...

Oh well, sorry for the erm, overly ideal suggestion ^^;; (picks up 0.02 and 0.05 cents from joe13 and reartyre)

Can't wait to meet you guys coz I missed out on last months gathering. And being offhand, I stumbled upon the yellow drag FD in SIC's garage today. Forgot it was featured in which mag but God it was drop dead gorgeous...while on my way to the men's room hehehe

Cheers

reartyre

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
hahahaha ...

2cent ok la ... for a small time person ... even a real gangster can only go "50CENT" ..... hehehe ... Disco Inferno babyyy .... hehehehe

reartyre

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
ahah!!!

can we like have "xtra mile day" ... the way i see it works is ... we take a particular day ... holiday of course la kan .... then we go grab a couple of fds .. put another RE owner in it ... then we drive like one small time yakuza family to another (optional) fd owners place or just go for a drink (other than Bangsar because this is a non-alcaholic time out) let say .... shah alam, subang, pj, kl area or whatever. Also this think i think can only work during day time ...

Point 1
"then we go grab a couple of fds .. put another RE owner in it"
- reason why is because we can look at any bullshits that the owner have to bull about real-time. By doing so we can let other owners know what to look at, whats the difference, how to's, how things works and so on. Also during the drive while in the car we can also basically diagnos whether he or she is the "Evil Knievel" of malaysia or have the so called "Road Rage" syndrom. I think it'll be a fun time to experience the car itself with someone who understand why people bought it.

Point 2
"then we drive like one small time yakuza family to another...."
- this will take us places and widen the chances of testing our car with another asshole who thinks he/she is "too sexy for the road" hehehhee .... seriously!! Then at the same time we can be on the scout for something else than rotary ... right .... come on guys ... there other things too that are better than rotary,beer and girl .... hehehe ... how about seafood,barbe near the beach with naked super models ( just pushing it a bit hehehe ) ... we can also make "Chopshops" visit at the same time. We can stop at potential spot just cool down the cars and us, smoke something off while we're at it and as usual hang out. We can also see then the boys without their moms for once and unleash the "Devil". No offense for the ladies who is also reading this thread. Just for fun ...

Don't forget to take pictures .... hehehe

Advantages
- meet new people(girl sounds better right) socially,places,know each other cars and driving diseases.

Disadvantages
- time, car's km,more servicing required, etc

Basically i'am all for it (obviously it was my suggestion) ... dont mind getting into my/other fd and take it for long spin and share thoughts or everything except (my girlfriend la) .. hehehe

p/s: feeling numb at work after last night think going dumb by afternoon today ... am so soft ...ish

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
ehh... tayar belakang... kau ni dah tukar nationality... skrang org indon... masih bole cakap ke? kekekeke... ish ish... after last nite? apa jadi? kekekekeke... :dancing2:

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
yo yo yo !

yeah i'm new for this forum, just found out that this actually existed, basically

1. i would like to know how to join the club ...........
2. monthly meetings are great, do we have a purpose of meeting or even an agenda ?
3. track days is a must....
4. road trip rocks

i'm suggesting combining 2 and 3 or 2 and 4. and i have below 2...

1. monthly meetings for breakfast/lunch on track days. once done, proceed for Sepang for preperation... track time.... then drop by for dinner/gathering - call it a RE day...
2. roadtrips of 2 to 3 days will be good. ocassionally stop by for meal and overnight. in between always have time for meeting. we can have daily meeting as well.

keep me informed on any updates for 2006... can't wait to get my ride down the track....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros,

Went to this car service,feels he overdo for me.Just an Iswara
Can I ask if someone does the following for your car check?Did he overdo?

Change engine oil and oil filter
Check your air filter,if black colour will ask for change,else just use air gun to spray some dust out
Check for water level and rust at radiator
Check for water level at windscreen water spray tank
Wipes the engine bay area and spray with air gun to clear some dust
Starts engine and check for engine idling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience