Proton launches new line of spare parts

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Proton has just launched a second brand of spare parts that aims to provide highly affordable parts to its customers. Named the Proton AMP (After Market Parts), the new range of spare parts is targeted at the cost-conscious Proton owners.

The new line of components and accessories is an avenue for owners seeking to lower the cost of ownership without resorting to unsafe imitation parts.

“For most of our customers, the focus on saving cost in the post-warranty maintenance of their Proton cars have often led them to purchase low quality counterfeit parts that do not conform with the OEM’s safety and quality standard and this is detrimental to the well being and performance of their Proton cars. The Proton AMP will address this concern by providing Proton car owners high quality parts that are not only affordable but more importantly endorsed and guaranteed by Proton,” said Mohamad Shukor Ibrahim, Chief Executive Officer of Proton Edar.

Proton owners that purchase Proton AMP parts will also receive a three month or 5,000km product warranty that excludes wear and tear of some parts.

“At the end of the day, what is important to us is our customer’s satisfaction. With the AMP, all Proton authorised service centres and parts stockists will become a better source of parts and services for our customer’s post warranty needs. The combined use of Proton endorsed parts with the servicing of their Proton cars at our authorised service centres will provide our customers with better quality assurance and service experience. They may even look forward to an increase in their vehicle resale value as a result of a proper maintenance of their Proton cars,” added Shukor.

“We believe our customers will soon realise that quality does not have to be a pain on the wallet and we certainly hope that this will be reflected in their acceptance of the Proton AMP. Their support will not only be beneficial to their Proton cars but will also contribute towards the country’s National Automotive Policy of curbing the sales of risky and low quality imitation or used components,” he finished.

Proton AMP parts will be available for purchase from all Proton authorized service centers and parts stockists from 21 May onwards. For more information on Proton AMP, you may contact the Proton i.care line at 1-300-880-888.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
good...heard price slightly expensive than the imitation....

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006
I'm more interested in the babe in the first photo.

Who is she? :biggrin:
Entah lah, press release picture :D If I do find out also, I'll keep first, hahahaha. When's the next drive lah, my car asking already?

housefly

Jan 8, 2006
Erm... Your taste is kinda worrying but then again.. Everyone is entitled to their opinions...

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Entah lah, press release picture :D If I do find out also, I'll keep first, hahahaha. When's the next drive lah, my car asking already?
Hahaha. Not this weeklah.. Nearing end of the month, pocket's empty bro. The week after next would be ok I think.. Lookout for the thread :driver:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
i don't really understand what proton is trying to achieve here. an original part is always an original part.. why have double standard in spare parts? mampus pi la people want to buy poor quality imitation parts. they all belum kena belum tau ma.. just lower down the original part price a little and people will start buying.

Last edited:

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hahaha... proton ori parts already u know la... hahaha... lower cost parts hahaha...

but... good deal for those who wants to be still in warranty but pay a lower price for parts...

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
anything cheap with oem waranty is good for me
whao bro.. you are easily satisfied.. lol.

I have several cases where spare-part shops sell timing belts with warranty.
Customer go buy and let my mechanic install. after using 3 months the timing belt snap...
cylinder head was damaged.. guess what.. yeah the spare part shop did replace a new timing belt because under warranty mah... you still dare to use ar? spare part shop isn't going to pay for your damaged cylinder head and all the extra workmanship cost.

As usual, spare part shop will blame mechanic install not correct la.. adjustment not in spec la.. bla bla bla... so wtf.. mechanic take all the blame for a useless cheapo part?

So in my opinion, Proton AMP is just to confused it's customers with double standard spare parts with double standard pricing. To me they should retain the following:
1. Maintain all Proton Original Parts and recruit and train more dealers/mechanic into using original proton parts when servicing Proton Vehicles. Just focusing within their own usual service network is not enough. Bring the price down by effective cost cutting measures.
2. Work closely with R3 (for example) for better/performance oriented parts. Therefore, customers which want even better parts compared to original they have a place to go... no this lousy AMP bs lah...

carent9

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Selangor
Ya... I totally agree... what is the diff between the 2... ?? Setting up the production process, managing it, ensuring ppl order the right part numbers, etc... Wht is it all about??? Ori, but cheaper ori...
:stupid:

Would really like to look at their tech specs and costing....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Good... This creates jobs for more people :congrats:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
cant u consult the tribunal for ur case? i think there shud be a compensation for the damage dat has already been done, they shud pay ur damage and sum compensation money for the trouble they caused u.

plus, i dont think proton dealer will get lepas so easily if they are selling a product dat damages customers' cars, kan? like stated in the article, oem is covering the waranty, kan?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifus'

last week i took my car to car wash centre n at first i intended to wash my car engine but there,i saw a guy just washed his perdana n he couldn't even start the car. when i went to check it out i realised that he didnt cover his air filter maybe this could be the problem i told him but he never bothered maybe im a girl whose advicing himlah!!! :D

then i decide not to even wash my car.

but if i were to wash my car engine what the tips or steps that i have to take in order to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience