Proton and Angry customer

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hahahahaha say no 2 tin milo car :rofl:
tin milo is definitely thicker than all the shell of ur perodua, proton, toyota, honda, kia, hyundai etc....

IF u're in the industry, u will not come out with the statement above.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i say no 2 tin milo car toooooo........

BUT......not alll PROTON model categorise in "TIN MILO CAR".......

we hate not bcoz.....its......tin milo......

we hate coz its steal money fr tiny / small / rakyat like us........

"THEY R NOT COMPETE IN THE FAIR MARKET""""""""""""""this is what actually we hate so much bout proton.....:banghead:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
i say no 2 tin milo car toooooo........

BUT......not alll PROTON model categorise in "TIN MILO CAR".......

we hate not bcoz.....its......tin milo......

we hate coz its steal money fr tiny / small / rakyat like us........

"THEY R NOT COMPETE IN THE FAIR MARKET""""""""""""""this is what actually we hate so much bout proton.....:banghead:
Looks like ppl are still thinking that the price of Honda City and Vios is 1/2 the price selling in Malaysia.... Lolx..... how funny.....

We should be hating AP instead....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Proton Inspira 2.0P..better than Vios and City yo!

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
if we want to compare.....

1) Fuel consumption
2) safety (eg. how many airbag, how fast its can be stop while driving maybe 100km/h...etc), if really hit, body it-self will hit the driver not??>
3) Brand name (not the name already died many2 times)
4) the origin of the car (not copy / taken or steal fr other manufacturer design, engine capability(can stand hi-rev not?),)
5) 2nd-hand selling value
6) wether its environment friendly...
7) wether it user friendly (feature inside car)
8) reliability of that car...
9) maintenance (roadtax, insurance)
AND so on, son on.............is PROTON mature enough to compete without TONGKAT ALI fr our GOV.....

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

one thg really true....IS......most japanese car below rm100k, the deskboard all made like my son toy plastic.....no more like last time......QUALITY one.....like luxury saloon car......even proton preve also better than them.....in this issue PROTON win for 1st time....haha:rofl:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
if we want to compare.....

1) Fuel consumption

I was with my friend's on a trip to Kulai. RM81 for 630KM on highway. Avg speed is 120-140KM/hr. Not the best fuel consumption. But i consider acceptable.

2) safety (eg. how many airbag, how fast its can be stop while driving maybe 100km/h...etc), if really hit, body it-self will hit the driver not??>

4 on Preve.

3) Brand name (not the name already died many2 times)

Don't understand

4) the origin of the car (not copy / taken or steal fr other manufacturer design, engine capability(can stand hi-rev not?),)

I think most of the Campro problem occured on 1st GEN2... Didn't heard any these days... But I can't be sure...

Originality...? U mean Mitsubishi???? Oh, they just bought over the Exora and Persona to study for rebadging... As a return, they gave Lancer as Inspira....

Or u're saying Forte and Preve..? Preve design was back then during the Tuah concept... Who coppied who..? Lolx

Mitsubishi to rebadge Proton car ! - Autoworld Forum

Share technology is common in Automotive... Volvo, Mazda too, uses Mitsu's chassis. Hyundai once uses Mitsubishi's engine as well.

Lotus uses Toyota engine. And the list goes on...

5) 2nd-hand selling value

Still consider good in compare with Korean made

6) wether its environment friendly...

Hmmm are we truely ready for environment friendly..? According to Jeremy Clarkson, nope... Human are still not ready to safe the world as long as automotive is concern. Any idea where does the battery pack and the electricity comes from..?

7) wether it user friendly (feature inside car)

Not too bad for a 20 year old brand. They almost have everything in latest models.

8) reliability of that car...

I cannot be sure abt this... But I've also seen VIOS and lamborghini burnt in the middle of the road.

9) maintenance (roadtax, insurance)
AND so on, son on.............is PROTON mature enough to compete without TONGKAT ALI fr our GOV.....

Maintenance wise, at least they aren't like koreans. Sikit2 void warranty.

As for the compete, Actually one of the most stupid model Malaysian thinks, the Arena.. Is competing in Australia with other makers till today

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

one thg really true....IS......most japanese car below rm100k, the deskboard all made like my son toy plastic.....no more like last time......QUALITY one.....like luxury saloon car......even proton preve also better than them.....in this issue PROTON win for 1st time....haha:rofl:
For the past 6 years... Proton has struggle and made tremendous changes under the administration of Dato Syed Zainal Abidin. There are numerous changes that took place...

If u look at the Tengku Mahaleel's GEN 2 and DSZ's Persona... They were from the same platform. But Interior and exterior... U'll definitely notice the effort that took place...

Under the administration of DSZ, I think Proton has much improved. But who knows what's gonna be the future of Proton since DSZ has left.

I'm worried too.....

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
what i means is no confidence bout "PROTON" name......when we heard PROTON.....instantly we relate it to "LOW QUALITY".......

what a shame........

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Inspira can't be compared with the proton cars, the car is however still from Lancer Origin
be it some of the parts are local made. The chassis is the same as Lancer...Is not a milo tin,
real solid. I would say from what I felt from the body is even more solid than Vios or Altis 9th Gen.

Proton cars are not too bad, just they have to really take QUALITY seriously in their cars. If not, how to
compete with other brands? Most people buy proton not cuz they like the car, is just cuz is more affordable.
If anyone have a choice, everyone would choose any other brands except proton.

Is true that their resale value is however higher than Korean cars, but is just because there are more demand for it.
Not cuz it is real good.

If the quality is good, I wouldn't mind getting the Satria Neo R3. :biggrin: Not the brand that counts, is what u can offer
the customers. We just want assurance of its quality and a car that wont disappoint us much with its countless problems.
A reliable and fun to drive car is what we want.

Last edited:

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
Proton and AP are both the same... they team up to tipu rakyat duit and to protect proton... So.. now do you see any foreign cars that is almost the same price as the saga? or perodua Myvi?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Proton and AP are both the same... they team up to tipu rakyat duit and to protect proton... So.. now do you see any foreign cars that is almost the same price as the saga? or perodua Myvi?
Got ~ china cars...u roll it over and there's "Made In China" - one of the world's most used three words sentence :rofl:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

Anybody have done this mod..? Which Ferio model that suit to wira? How's the installation, need many alteration on the bolt & nut? Cost... Bumper only, with lip & sportlight.

Thanks,.

ZAM
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience