Proton 4g13 Power Steering Weird Sound During Turning

4G15P_Asthma

Aug 14, 2008
My 3 year old Wira SE also got sound very soft "tak tak tak" sound when turning from a standstill especially if the ground not perfectly flat
Mechanic said not the drive-shaft, tested doing U-turn million of times until almost puke but no sound came out
He said maybe the stabilizer suspension related :hmmmm:

realplayer

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
Hey friend,

How much you got the "vacum controller" installed?
Yup, I read from forum some of the ZTH member did installed it. Some will good feedback some are not! So I am thinking to get one as well.
The said go for "FICD" Fast Idle Control Device.... But are your's is the FICD??????
For this few days, the weird sound gone... I might need to see further it might come back neh.
I replaced the ori plug cable with "Pro Ralley High Performance Plug Cable" added with Bosch Super4 spark plug..... Can feel that the car gainning some power compared to previous with ori spark plug & plug cable.

Might wanna to try out the Pivot Voltage Stabilizer with grounding as well.
Any advise or suggestion?:driver:
How much??....i just pay RM40.00 for the thing and installation...member punya workshop...:proud:..i have see the FICD, and i'm sure mine not same with that FICD..that why (maybe) the mechanic call it "vacum controller"...

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
My colleague got one unit in his car & he plan to take it out than install to my car to test on it. See any difference or any improvement !
If ok than I plan to purchase 1 unit too.

Wait for my update on the test result ya!

Bump:
My 3 year old Wira SE also got sound very soft "tak tak tak" sound when turning from a standstill especially if the ground not perfectly flat
Mechanic said not the drive-shaft, tested doing U-turn million of times until almost puke but no sound came out
He said maybe the stabilizer suspension related :hmmmm:
Might be some nut lose & not tide properly. during turn than sound appear!
Better check where the sound come from!

This few days my car is OK no sound during turning on the steering. Why???... I also do know...
Ai... old car, I think.

realplayer

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
hai viostar...back to the topic....izit sound come from bosskit??...have you try to change it?...:biggrin:

4G15P_Asthma

Aug 14, 2008
U know what, da funny (or scary) thing was whenever I bring my car to the workshop the tak-tak-tak sound disappear!
Maybe my car "MERAJUK" when I said "Wow that new Satria Neo looks cool man! I must get CPS GTi R3 version someday!"
Nowadays even car got feelings...

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
U know what, da funny (or scary) thing was whenever I bring my car to the workshop the tak-tak-tak sound disappear!
Maybe my car "MERAJUK" when I said "Wow that new Satria Neo looks cool man! I must get CPS GTi R3 version someday!"
Nowadays even car got feelings...
is yours a S-VDO model?..if yes, your probably right

:biggrin:

4G15P_Asthma

Aug 14, 2008
Yeah the crap ECU, I was desperate back then to get rid off my Kancil R85 GTR
MyVi had to wait 6 months, so I opt for Wira so called Special Edition :confused:
Within budget la bro

No other theory yet for the tak-tak-tak sound, very frustrating man! 2 years warranty expired already, damn!

Farmi Izudin

Dec 9, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe your steering spoke got a problem.. the sound screeching comes from the horn steel connection for horn system,,, put some oil lubricant at the aluminum would be just fine.. I think..
hope this helps..:idea:

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
hai viostar...back to the topic....izit sound come from bosskit??...have you try to change it?...:biggrin:
bosskit??
I am still using the ori steering from proton wow! never change sport steering neh!
please correct me if i am wrong.

Bump:
Maybe your steering spoke got a problem.. the sound screeching comes from the horn steel connection for horn system,,, put some oil lubricant at the aluminum would be just fine.. I think..
hope this helps..:idea:
emm... i will try that out.
TQ.

Kevinfan

Nov 1, 2008
Viostar, for your problem. Here is my experience... It's most probably is the power steering pump got problem. What i do is service the pump with changing the power steering kit, it include some o-ring. oil seal etc.... Main problem is all the rubber kit harden. only the kit itself cost less <rm100.. good luck.

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
Viostar, for your problem. Here is my experience... It's most probably is the power steering pump got problem. What i do is service the pump with changing the power steering kit, it include some o-ring. oil seal etc.... Main problem is all the rubber kit harden. only the kit itself cost less <rm100.. good luck.
Hi Kevinfan,...

I may ask the workshop to service it.... Thanks bro..

4G15P_Asthma

Aug 14, 2008
Hehe just got back my 73k service.

My mechanic the "tak-tak-tak" sound comes from a knuckle twisting (when we steer) located under the adjustable steering, but the damn whole cover set must be taken off to see it clearly.

Time consuming, I've become fedup :sleep: & went home, so to be continued...

jimmygolerro

Jan 15, 2014
Melaka
I know that this is an old thread. But anyone has the solution to solve this problem? Mine having the same problem and it seems to go away and comes back as it wishes. I just hope it's nothing serious. How can I fix it??? Thank you guys

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I know that this is an old thread. But anyone has the solution to solve this problem? Mine having the same problem and it seems to go away and comes back as it wishes. I just hope it's nothing serious. How can I fix it??? Thank you guys
what sound u're mentioning? Check steering bush, boot, tie rod end and driveshaft, worse goes to steering rack :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Proton Persona 2008 - First Drive

The Sirions, er, Myvis have been overbooked by three months, and here’s the baffling part – despite not having dropped in numbers for the Perodua, sales for the Persona aren’t exactly suffering either. On the contrary, they have been skyrocketing. Proton have managed to convince the better part of Malaysia that they can’t go wrong with 19,840 units booked within the first month or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience