Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
eric,
it's on wheel bro... i just replaced my leaking downpipe today... i get even better power... makes me wanna go dyno again.. :biggrin:
wow dude, congrats congrats, very good results u got, never knew those oversized intake valves wud yield noticeable results for stocknia specs

lai lai come down to land of hornbill we frenly test test with my carb stocknia :biggrin:

ur power is really cun edi, with still many things that can be done, good job dude!

bro, you using stroker kit? if not, 2.0 piping ok ar for 1.5l?
no longer 1468cc dude, but 1.6 stock nia hehe

my 2 sen, if u have a 1500cc engine with a 28x/29x degree race cam and twin carbs then 2 inches would be quite cun

josephlauby

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Penang
I'm willing to upgrade from time to time which does not tighten my income. I have a few options after following this thread closely.

(Main)
K&N drop in air filter
Iridium Spark Plugs (Wires remain ori if possible)
PZ extractor (4-2-1 as said to improve low - mid power & torque)
Mid bullet with some regular muffler
Lightened cam pulleys

With the upgrades above, will it increase revving potential?.

Bump: BTW, my 4G13 engine is using a Carburetor System

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
I'm willing to upgrade from time to time which does not tighten my income. I have a few options after following this thread closely.

(Main)
K&N drop in air filter
Iridium Spark Plugs (Wires remain ori if possible)
PZ extractor (4-2-1 as said to improve low - mid power & torque)
Mid bullet with some regular muffler
Lightened cam pulleys

With the upgrades above, will it increase revving potential?.

methinks u can save some money by skipping the iridiums, stock ones are good enough for the moment

the airfilter/exhaust combo is a good start, lighten cam pulley is not really needed, unless u plan to bring the powerband higher a bit but get a bit suckier low-end

to really get a nice bump in power, i would opt for 4g15 pistons, instant displacement increase, more torque, more hp

for better mid top with no significant loss of low end, then u can get some nice street cams like PZ 26x, or matspeed 272, with a cam pulley

with this, uve got a nice combo edi

my 1.3 also 2' piping maa..ok one :biggrin:

www.4g1series.cjb.net for more info....
urs was with twin carbs/full race cam, and donno what other secret stuffs la, cannot use for comparison :P

josephlauby

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Penang
Tofu,noted. Will skip Iridium SP & Lightened Cam Pulleys for now. If i go for the below said upgrades, how much horses will I expect from my engine?.

4g15 pistons, instant displacement increase, PZ 26x, or matspeed 272, with a cam pulley,Air filter & Exhaust system.

Besides, do I need to proceed with thermal wrap on my extractor? As some mentioned that the temperature may rise too high which melts the aircond or radiator fan components. Kena once before about last year. The whole aircond fan motor melted beyond recognition.

Thanks forehand for the assistance.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
i dont think 1.5 is suitable to use 2.0 inch piping. U will loose low end and the sound will be very noisy..

tofu,
y dont u come over here to test with us?? heheh... we got more cars over here... :biggrin:

Bump: i dont think 1.5 is suitable to use 2.0 inch piping. U will loose low end and the sound will be very noisy..

tofu,
y dont u come over here to test with us?? heheh... we got more cars over here... :biggrin:

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
bro guan, wat intake valve u using now ?

Bump: bro guan, wat intake valve u using now ?

Bump: bro guan, wat intake valve u using now ?

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
i'm having this problem too... i cannot retard too much or else have bad throttle response.... engine feels jerky at partial throttle...
i've finally found a solution, tps can retard but must be done along with the distributor..now my spark plugs all brown in color at the tip and no more crusty..throttle respons very much better, fuel consumption is so-so.. :)

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
tps retard - turn left or right?

btw, my ecu has been re-flash..now running 48psi (WOI) and 8k redline, now da injectors are splashing finer midst of petrol to burn efficiently, and did wide band tuning also.

i should say about 20-30% increased in performance overall and more fuel saving too.

for more info : www.4g1series.cjb.net

f.e.a.r

Jun 1, 2009
most of you stated that open pod air filter and exchaust mod are essential to improve the car performance. Can i know how much is needed for the open pod air filter and exhaust pipe mod needed?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
most of you stated that open pod air filter and exchaust mod are essential to improve the car performance. Can i know how much is needed for the open pod air filter and exhaust pipe mod needed?
you mean the price bro or what?

Last edited:

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
open pod alot of different brands and quality, should be in the range of RM300-350 without the rampipe, exhaust also the same, if you are going for a full exhaust, maybe 1000-1500?

Bump: open pod alot of different brands and quality, should be in the range of RM300-350 without the rampipe, exhaust also the same, if you are going for a full exhaust, maybe 1000-1500?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
tps retard - turn left or right?

btw, my ecu has been re-flash..now running 48psi (WOI) and 8k redline, now da injectors are splashing finer midst of petrol to burn efficiently, and did wide band tuning also.

i should say about 20-30% increased in performance overall and more fuel saving too.

for more info : www.4g1series.cjb.net
tps retard should be turn left (CCW)...

unker when wanna bring me go flash??...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As per title, which car drive or handle better?

-neo
-EF, EG, EK (all same?)
-beemer (any specific model?)

i am surveying for secondhand car now, thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience