Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Don't waste your time with magnets and CAI doesn't help with fuel consumption. Just helps with air intake.

You want a good FC car, don't buy the 4G15. Myvi has better FC. Savvy has better FC too.

If you already have the 4G15, make sure the following :

1. Engine is in tip top shape. Change whatever that is worn out or broken.
2. Use good fully synthetic engine oil 0W30 or 0W20.
3. Use high profile tyres (60 series) and small rims (14")
4. Empty your car of any excessive weight.
5. Get a performance air filter like K&N drop in. It'll help.
6. Don't drive higher than 2.5k RPM
7. Start off slow and steady, no sudden acceleration movements
8. Make it a manual. Auto cannot fight in FC.
9. No sudden braking and accelerating

Lastly,

10. Lose weight. The lighter the car is, the less fuel is needed to move it.

:biggrin:

cIvIc_noob

Known Member
May 22, 2005
Miri
I have a Myvi at home already and i just got a 4g15 CARB auto that is coming tomorrow for temporary use as i'll be based in pg for a while.
1. Engine is in tip top shape. Change whatever that is worn out or broken. SOunded ok when fired up
2. Use good fully synthetic engine oil 0W30 or 0W20.Whats the perk of using good synthetic oil?
3. Use high profile tyres (60 series) and small rims (14")
4. Empty your car of any excessive weight.
5. Get a performance air filter like K&N drop in. It'll help.Putting a k&n filter drop in will increase performance in terms of having a smoother airflow which allows for more fuel molecule to be burn right? I read somewhere that cold air will help the petrol burn better right won't it?
6. Don't drive higher than 2.5k RPM
7. Start off slow and steady, no sudden acceleration movements
8. Make it a manual. Auto cannot fight in FC.Too bad don;t have the cash for it and GF needs to drive
9. No sudden braking and accelerating

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
if manual carb 4g15, the feul consumption quite bad actually, even mine 4g15 auto efi with basic mods only can do 16 cents per kilometer, that inculdes 50 % long distance driving!

Bump: if manual carb 4g15, the feul consumption quite bad actually, even mine 4g15 auto efi with basic mods only can do 16 cents per kilometer, that inculdes 50 % long distance driving!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
in car camera mounting DIY :

go : www.4g1series.cjb.net for more DIY projects :biggrin:
wah sifoo so fast u diy bracket for ur vidcam ah??... lock and loaded for peksan d... unker on peksan mode...

Hello people, will be getting 11year old 1.5 auto carburetor Wira tomorrow.The thread is 100 plus pages and i didn't manage to read all, manage only to read the full 10 pages of the 4g15p page previously.
I am planning to go an 'all out fuel saving car' and i don't wanna spend a lot cause will be driving the car for two years only as long as can save petrol for the money i put in for mods in two years is ok. Top speed doesn't matter, acceleration doesn't matter as long as can come out from a busy road that's ok.
As of my understanding from some reading CAI helps to improve fuel consumption, and magnets do too. Anyone got any pics or manula to share on how to DIY CAI on Carburetor, i wanna see where the pipe is connected to for input and output. What about the stuff needed for a DIY FOR CAI.Sorry i totally noob on this. I can't seem to find a thread on this.
How about magnets , how does it work. anyone care to share
mayb sifoo fstrader can help u... previously his 4g15 carbie achieve outstanding fuel consumption, but with expense of a little weak on performance...

cIvIc_noob

Known Member
May 22, 2005
Miri
Thank you skywalker, i will pm him later

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
one of the upgrades which can save a noticible amt of FC that ive used and experienced with quite fair cost of $ is a lighten crank pulley. Not to mention the performance increase too..

Bump: one of the upgrades which can save a noticible amt of FC that ive used and experienced with quite fair cost of $ is a lighten crank pulley. Not to mention the performance increase too..

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
for the specs pls dig back to around pg 13-15 there...

latest mods done are just the oversized intake valves n 2.0" piping.

dyno chart will post when got time.... havent digitized it yet.

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
guan you so busy la nowadays, so long nvr see you post, so hows business?110 HP is quite healthy ler, on crank ler?

Bump: guan you so busy la nowadays, so long nvr see you post, so hows business?110 HP is quite healthy ler, on crank ler?

josephlauby

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Penang
Wow.110BHP.Bloody powerful. I own an Iswara with a damn tough 4G13 engine.These days, the engine doesn't like to rev and doesn't have the punch anymore.Cut lorry also hard.Engine maintained well since bought. Service on time and so on. BTW, just serviced this Monday. Idle, engine maintains at 800-900RPM(s) with aircond on. What can I do increase the revving potential with relevant power to my sweet engine?

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
eric,
it's on wheel bro... i just replaced my leaking downpipe today... i get even better power... makes me wanna go dyno again.. :biggrin:

joseph,
it all depends on how much u are willing to spend/mod...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone knows where to get Ferodo DS3000 brake pads in KL ?
I know where to get them in Singapore but don't want to travel so far la.
These are for AP Racing 6 pot calipers. Do let me know asap..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience