Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

N/A Proton Brudder

May 28, 2018
i alreeady have the harness:dontknow: problem dat the hafkat i got the block from dont even have the ecu. its been robbed and stuff. things like those in Kuching are hard to come by compared to west msia . i dont want to fork out any more money. i just need the ecu for now. now need to deal with if it can live or not with the 1.3ecu.since its mmc, Safc neo,emanage pun jadi la.plus no one answred my question about using AFPR by SARD.......

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
i alreeady have the harness:dontknow: problem dat the hafkat i got the block from dont even have the ecu. its been robbed and stuff. things like those in Kuching are hard to come by compared to west msia . i dont want to fork out any more money. i just need the ecu for now. now need to deal with if it can live or not with the 1.3ecu.since its mmc, Safc neo,emanage pun jadi la.plus no one answred my question about using AFPR by SARD.......
AFPR doesnt force in more fuel. only helps to maintain a steady supply of fuel. if u need more fueling, get larger injectors and bigger flow pumps. but you'll need ecu or piggyback to control the air/fuel ratio.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
eh? MMC can la use emanage. one of our friends did that on his 1.5 mmc satria.
My sigh was VDO can use unichip.

I think the block shouldn't be too different from the MMC one. I don't remember anything being specifically different - but you need to check with your mech to see if the water channels line up.

AFPR is a luck game if you're not buying reputable brands. SARD original AFPR costs RM500++ so since yours I suspect is 100+, then that's the M'sian version of the AFPR, which means quality is questionable and will highly depend on your luck. Or you can opt for a better reputable one like from Works or GFB or something la.

Also, AFPR = adjustable fuel PRESSURE regulator. It doesn't pump in more or less fuel, it just regulates the pressure of which the fuel is pumped in. If you wide open it then you'll likely flood the injector and go real rich. Too rich doesn't exactly protect anything and will result in plenty of carbon but overly lean is worse. All depends. If I recall correctly the ideal PSI was 3.4 for my Wira. You probably can try the same and dyno tune it.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
My sigh was VDO can use unichip.

I think the block shouldn't be too different from the MMC one. I don't remember anything being specifically different - but you need to check with your mech to see if the water channels line up.

AFPR is a luck game if you're not buying reputable brands. SARD original AFPR costs RM500++ so since yours I suspect is 100+, then that's the M'sian version of the AFPR, which means quality is questionable and will highly depend on your luck. Or you can opt for a better reputable one like from Works or GFB or something la.

Also, AFPR = adjustable fuel PRESSURE regulator. It doesn't pump in more or less fuel, it just regulates the pressure of which the fuel is pumped in. If you wide open it then you'll likely flood the injector and go real rich. Too rich doesn't exactly protect anything and will result in plenty of carbon but overly lean is worse. All depends. If I recall correctly the ideal PSI was 3.4 for my Wira. You probably can try the same and dyno tune it.
roger on the VDO only can use unichip. :five:

for the FPR pressure, u mean kPa (bar) right? not psi? my wira i set it to 4 bar at idle. mech set it up that way when dyno tune.

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I used one AFPR for a while only, Did not feel any difference, only that my FC dropped from 320km per tank to 280km.....lol

N/A Proton Brudder

May 28, 2018
btw anyone reccomend i use the flexible plastic hose for my cold air intake piping ? will t melt or weaken and chip overtime ue to the bonnet heat ? its a cold air induction kit ifound online

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
btw anyone reccomend i use the flexible plastic hose for my cold air intake piping ? will t melt or weaken and chip overtime ue to the bonnet heat ? its a cold air induction kit ifound online
I am currently using that cheap funnel i bought couple years ago for RM18 or RM25 on my waja as the ori funnel already reput.
Since this funnel is much longer, i channel the intake part as far down behind the front bumper. So far it is intact. There is a picture of it in this forum somewhere.
On a cold night, u can feel how easy the engine breath as my ori intake still positioned inside the engine bay.

N/A Proton Brudder

May 28, 2018
I am currently using that cheap funnel i bought couple years ago for RM18 or RM25 on my waja as the ori funnel already reput.
Since this funnel is much longer, i channel the intake part as far down behind the front bumper. So far it is intact. There is a picture of it in this forum somewhere.
On a cold night, u can feel how easy the engine breath as my ori intake still positioned inside the engine bay.

what about the rain water issue ? how easily does water from the outside enter the intake and hydrolock the engine ?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
what about the rain water issue ? how easily does water from the outside enter the intake and hydrolock the engine ?
So far no problem...
my car is on stock suspension so its not that low.
unlike some car with holes on the bumper, mine is hidden behind the bumper...somewhere behind the front left signal+foglamp assembly.

The compromise is how quick my drop in becomes dirty. Opening the air filter housing is also not easy so i put one layer of the thin tissue like home aircond filter before the resonance box and change this frequently. It does not add restriction, i still feel the quicker response and macho intake sound.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Depends on the quality of your hoses. If cannot stand high heat they can become brittle over time....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Like bro. gunnerzz mentioned, hide under the bumper, not expose directly out. Rain water is not an issue, with the pipe that low what you will be afraid off is going through flood waters.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I used one AFPR for a while only, Did not feel any difference, only that my FC dropped from 320km per tank to 280km.....lol
You didn't tweak it properly ka?

Just route it away from the hot bits like manifold and you should be fine. Oh how do you plan to use the hose? As a cold air intake or you going to mount a pod filter at the end? I used to do this but I used the stock U-snorkel and put a pod filter at the end of the intake which was in the bumper. Removed a spotlight so nice clean air going to the pod filter, and snorkel was stock so the U shape prevented water from staying in there. All depends on how you mount it.

N/A Proton Brudder

May 28, 2018
i also just ordered a adjustable cam pulley by HKS. its to get ready for the high cam . has anyone experieced any improvement to the acceleration by retarding or advancing the cam timing ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

Can anyone share some info where i can tune a/f and check my O2?
Someone told me to tune this a/f the workshop need to have some kind of michine?
my 1.6 satria fc very bad, superb bad. full tank max is 300km only..
My location is Kepong, hoping someone will give out helping hands.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience