Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
right. just got the block. will be finding that svdo 1.5 ecu . hopefully halfcut shop got.

btw, before im transplanting the block, my dad needs to send the 1.3 car with the temporary repaird head to PUSPAKOM to transfer the title to me. Since i have a Muffler delete(straight pipe with stock cat and extractor) , will there be a mandatory inspection before transferring the title ? i worry fail lor bcz exhaust noisy. Will i fail even if i use runner ? . My dad knows a good runner.

i dont mind put back the stock silencer muffler on the spot at puspakom. what do u guys think ? anyone got experience tranfer title at puspakom with modi exhauat system ?
just swap to stock. no need to go thri the hassle of putting it back to stock if it fail. Once fail, u need to resend again and pay them again.
Why pay the runner more when u can save money by swapping back to stock?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
right. just got the block. will be finding that svdo 1.5 ecu . hopefully halfcut shop got.

btw, before im transplanting the block, my dad needs to send the 1.3 car with the temporary repaird head to PUSPAKOM to transfer the title to me. Since i have a Muffler delete(straight pipe with stock cat and extractor) , will there be a mandatory inspection before transferring the title ? i worry fail lor bcz exhaust noisy. Will i fail even if i use runner ? . My dad knows a good runner.

i dont mind put back the stock silencer muffler on the spot at puspakom. what do u guys think ? anyone got experience tranfer title at puspakom with modi exhauat system ?
i sent my car for endorsement with my tint on, non standard plate number and an fgk muffler. the runner charge was steep but i passed. so if your runner is good, shouldn't be a problem. but best to just pasang a stock muffler.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
oh. so what is the avg price of a 1.5 SVDO ecu at kedai potong ? can any expert of vdo engine confirm this incompatbiity ? Drex ?
Izso? all the while i taught it was Pnp with all the sensors and wiring.
MMC and VDO very different. Not compatible.

VDO and Carb very different. Pain in the ass to transplant to EFI. Not impossible but need to make sure your mech is good with wiring.

1.5 VDO and 1.3 VDO different parameters. Not compatible. If it's a 1.5 then use 1.5. Else just consider a standalone ECU. 4 Cylinder you have plenty of choices.

Name transfer is a very simple check. Only 4 points. Make sure tint clear (or no tint at all, don't even use cromax glass), make sure headlights and brakes work good and lastly make sure your car no obvious welding marks (repairs or potong car). That's assuming you puspakom the car yourself (RM50+ if you go to their center, RM100+ if you opt for the on-site checking). If you opt for runner get a good one. That's about all. Exhaust isn't a problem but to avoid a picky Puspakom officer, swap it back temporarily.

N/A Proton Brudder

May 28, 2018
MMC and VDO very different. Not compatible.

VDO and Carb very different. Pain in the ass to transplant to EFI. Not impossible but need to make sure your mech is good with wiring.

1.5 VDO and 1.3 VDO different parameters. Not compatible. If it's a 1.5 then use 1.5. Else just consider a standalone ECU. 4 Cylinder you have plenty of choices.

Name transfer is a very simple check. Only 4 points. Make sure tint clear (or no tint at all, don't even use cromax glass), make sure headlights and brakes work good and lastly make sure your car no obvious welding marks (repairs or potong car). That's assuming you puspakom the car yourself (RM50+ if you go to their center, RM100+ if you opt for the on-site checking). If you opt for runner get a good one. That's about all. Exhaust isn't a problem but to avoid a picky Puspakom officer, swap it back temporarily.
right. stock muffler it is. how about skimming the head to increase my compression ratio? how much maximum in mm i can skim the head before i knock the rod with the piston ? also is there such thing as high compression piston rings for the 4g15? im about to head to the parts shop in a few days after i get all this sorted.

Thanks for the sincere reply as i never encounter myself having conversation w/ otai member here hehe ;D

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
right. stock muffler it is. how about skimming the head to increase my compression ratio? how much maximum in mm i can skim the head before i knock the rod with the piston ? also is there such thing as high compression piston rings for the 4g15? im about to head to the parts shop in a few days after i get all this sorted.

Thanks for the sincere reply as i never encounter myself having conversation w/ otai member here hehe ;D
I don't know about the rings - but skimming your head can help increase but you'll have a few disadvantages -

1. Next time your head warps or overheats, it'll be time to change a new head depending on how much you skim. In my old cars case I skimmed to the max.
2. Depending on how aggressive your pistons are, you might have knocking issues and require RON97. If stock then no problem la.

And I think what you want is high compression pistons, not piston rings. Kembara pistons are slightly domed and can help you increase your compression. Alternatively you can stroke it with a Waja 4G18 crankshaft usually paired with Saga CPS pistons. Why do you want to increase your compression anyway? Stroke + good port and polish job, good exhaust manifold and exhaust, and even with the 1.3 GB it's a good combination already for a 1.5 VDO Wira.

If you increase to high compression need Ron97 already.....
Not really la. Depends on how aggressive he goes

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't know about the rings - but skimming your head can help increase but you'll have a few disadvantages -

1. Next time your head warps or overheats, it'll be time to change a new head depending on how much you skim. In my old cars case I skimmed to the max.
2. Depending on how aggressive your pistons are, you might have knocking issues and require RON97. If stock then no problem la.

And I think what you want is high compression pistons, not piston rings. Kembara pistons are slightly domed and can help you increase your compression. Alternatively you can stroke it with a Waja 4G18 crankshaft usually paired with Saga CPS pistons. Why do you want to increase your compression anyway? Stroke + good port and polish job, good exhaust manifold and exhaust, and even with the 1.3 GB it's a good combination already for a 1.5 VDO Wira.

Not really la. Depends on how aggressive he goes
Yours skimmed to the max also no need Ron 97?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sort of. 95 + octane booster worked enough. 97 worked better. 100 worked best
Ron 95 plus octane booster, no longer 95....hhahhahaha

Anyway, if want to have higher compression sure go max, right? Why go half way, if like that might as well leave stock.....lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
95 is a no-no?
If retune for 95, whats the est power loss figure?
My ex-car was running on stock VDO ecu. Head skimmed max, PNP, oversized pistons and stroked. It would knock at certain RPMs if I ran RON95 only. With octane boosters it'd run but without knocks. 97 I would feel a bit more oomph. With 100 it was smooth sailing all the way to redline and all.

N/A Proton Brudder

May 28, 2018
i dont really mind paying for high octane fuel la. you think i increase compression to the sky to convert deisel issit:laugh: ? i had ron95 +cheap octane booster beforehand anyway.i did that because i increased my ignition timing (kacau distributor). i like play2 toque ma , what can do city driving wan -\_:biggrin:_/- . also i did DIY port and polish my intake manifold and send head to be pnp + skimmed at engineering shop. planning to get highcam and bigger size 4-2-1 extractor.if can hang out with d15& d16 vtec happy edi :rock: So if skim the head to max safe level, how much estimate compression ratio value given i use stock piston+ brand new rings and standard size paper head gasket ? also will 0.5mm metal gasket increase that too

Here's my diy pnp intake manifold job. what do you think ? Btw havent polished yet.
and also my custom valve cover paint job. what do you think with the r3 theme;)
tmp-cam--261518064.jpg
tmp-cam-839721660.jpg

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i dont really mind paying for high octane fuel la. you think i increase compression to the sky to convert deisel issit:laugh: ? i had ron95 +cheap octane booster beforehand anyway.i did that because i increased my ignition timing (kacau distributor). i like play2 toque ma , what can do city driving wan -\_:biggrin:_/- . also i did DIY port and polish my intake manifold and send head to be pnp + skimmed at engineering shop. planning to get highcam and bigger size 4-2-1 extractor.if can hang out with d15& d16 vtec happy edi :rock: So if skim the head to max safe level, how much estimate compression ratio value given i use stock piston+ brand new rings and standard size paper head gasket ? also will 0.5mm metal gasket increase that too

Here's my diy pnp intake manifold job. what do you think ? Btw havent polished yet.
View attachment 573041 View attachment 573042
Yalor, that is why I mention if go high compression might as well go max, no point do half way.....hhahhhahaha
The cam not too high, if too high, city driving will suffer.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

View attachment 573041 View attachment 573042
That PNP is a bit crude. You did the sharp edges on purpose?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i used proton wit e3 engine wit some mod.. currently my car drink ron97 fuel and the result is
RM10/28km or less.. my fren said "ok la tu" but for me not.. how urs evo?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience