Port & Polished Head

CARENT

Known Member
Jul 10, 2005
PJ
need some help here....

I am planning to do a complete prot and polish of my engine head.

A 4G93P DOHC. What will be the things to look out for when negotiating for the price???

I have asked around and found that the prices can range from RM900 to RM1,800!!!

I don't really know now since the price range is that big!!!

Please HELP!!!

:albertein

blue_hippo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2004
actually u can diy pnp if u have the right tools ...

CARENT

Known Member
Jul 10, 2005
PJ
blue_hippo said:
actually u can diy pnp if u have the right tools ...
Are u sure can do proper job or not.... anyways, looking for some good mechanic to do it la....

Anyone in mind???

Headache la...... :albertein

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
some mechanic quote so low that we doubt bout their knowledge on pnp
currently i think powerzone are the reliable shop to pnp
but rm1500....

CARENT

Known Member
Jul 10, 2005
PJ
et5828 said:
some mechanic quote so low that we doubt bout their knowledge on pnp
currently i think powerzone are the reliable shop to pnp
but rm1500....
Powerzone quoted me RM1,800

I don't doubt their expertise, but the pricing is about double that of the lowest one. So, not sure la... I just need to know what causes the difference in pricing. Otherwise, no point just to send then find out that other people doing the same thing for a much lower price (I understand that technical ability will play a big role, but should not be up to double right?) Unless it is very high quality products. Service should not be too high.

Thanks bro for the information.

Will check with them again. :tee:

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
heh, usually the cheap ones will provide u with cheap imitation gasket, valve seats, improper valve grinding (leads to sleeve leak) and ugly porting work. You get what you pay for. If you feel RM1800 is expensive with original replacement parts and good workmanship, u should see the bill from breakdown aftermath repair because failure of imitation parts and sloppy work (overbored / unfinished inlet polishing cause improper air fuel mixture and turbulence, resulting higher FC and HP loss)

For engine works, always seek reputable garage and recommended as it's a very critical work, unlike change wiper or sparkplugs that even you can do it yourself.

Maybe u can try discuss with cobramotor (member), maybe he can give u a bit less price than PZ.

pro reference : http://sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0009scc_ssbbpart4/

verticalimit

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
SS2 got 1 shop really expertise in PnP cos they got the machinery which
i say very accurate. the shop name i try ask for u. somemore he is very relaible mechanic which do Pnp even track cars.]

CARENT

Known Member
Jul 10, 2005
PJ
verticalimit said:
SS2 got 1 shop really expertise in PnP cos they got the machinery which
i say very accurate. the shop name i try ask for u. somemore he is very relaible mechanic which do Pnp even track cars.]
Ok bro...

Pls give me the details

Thanks.

MaNofWaR

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site
i would agree with Kopi....
find a reputable shop....coz this is considered internal mods which i would say the begining of major engine mods. some even provide 3 angle cut valves mods. lighten crankshaft etc....

welcome to the darkside...... once u start probing into internals the quest for performance is inevitable....

just my 2 cents

CARENT

Known Member
Jul 10, 2005
PJ
MaNofWaR said:
find a reputable shop....coz this is considered internal mods which i would say the begining of major engine mods. some even provide 3 angle cut valves mods. lighten crankshaft etc....

welcome to the darkside...... once u start probing into internals the quest for performance is inevitable....

just my 2 cents
Thanks bros for the advise....

Do u guys know of any place tht I can do a proper PnP??
The best place I mean..... :rock:

CARENT

Known Member
Jul 10, 2005
PJ
MaNofWaR said:

just my 2 cents
Thanks bro....

Pls recommend to me the best place to do the PnP....
:rock:

buck-7

Known Member
Oct 8, 2004
B.B.BANGI
Visit site
1- i dont really know if our guys are porting it correctly because the cars are not dyno tested before and after the porting and polishing is done.

2- the 4G93P DOHC has a modern cylinderhead design so you may only need to do polishing and port match the inlet and exhaust manifold.

3- even if you do the port and polish work, dont forget to port match the cylinderhead with the inlet and exhaust manifold, you dont want to have a high flowing head with a constricting inlet and outlet. most of the owners forget abouit this point.

Last edited:

CARENT

Known Member
Jul 10, 2005
PJ
buck-7 said:
1- i dont really know if our guys are porting it correctly because the cars are not dyno tested before and after the porting and polishing is done.

2- the 4G93P DOHC has a modern cylinderhead design so you may only need to do polishing and port match the inlet and exhaust manifold.

Ok, so will have to go Dyno first la...

Maybe what u say is right. Will talk to the mechanics first.

Thanks bro..