Please SAVvy ME!!!! a sad tale of neglect.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
On the 2nd week of CNY, my brother left his Savvy to me as he will be gone to Bali for a week. I had my ways with her.

Without much rambling and nonsense, i shall present to you....... her condition at arrival.

With more light exposure

From the side..... ewww how can it be neglected to such state.

The door jam hinge area....superbly neglected

The swirls....

Now comes the part that is NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED

Dust + Dirt + Leaves + Everything that is not suppose to be on your paint all baked under the sun for god knows how long

Nicely done sun dried crap

WHAT IS THIS!!!!!

ohhh , spider web.....wtf, spider web? Spider man made a nest outta the car exterior.

More bird crap around the car

Unknown substance.....from another planet

Probably 1 inch of dirt

The swirls are so bad that even a normal 20W energy saving bulb can reveal it

Door hinge area that is .......

Result of unknown substance baked unto plastic

hmm.... looks like no one saw this

or this

or this

or even this

left skirt..... i wun want my gf to wear this skirt.

Oxidise paint

The spoiler that was affected

More swirls

OKAY, ENOUGH RAMBLING bout how bad the car condition was. Bottom line, it was a nest for bugs.

So now comes.... CLEANING.
used water to spray away all the dried leaves and loose dirt

That is not all the leaves, still got somemore. A lot more went down the drain or down the road.

1st wash with Meg Wash and Wax followed by a round of Optimum Power Clean (mixture of 1:1 and 1:3 was used)
Results... stunning reflection... hardly, that is just water reflecting from the front panel as the water just sticks on the paint.

ME....

A clean car is a happy car.

Really happy car....

So happy that the sunset comes so beautifully

Door hinge before

Door hinge after

Revealing a deep scratch to the core and me... in SHORTS, SLIPPERS and SLEEVELESS

Mamma MIA.... how black is the bucket of water used to rinse the cloth for OPC the car..., worry not as I use another bucket of water to re-rinse the cloth

Fuiyoh, cantik punya reflection wor. Macam 1080P HD movie

Hardly... the truth

Truth reveals all that is underneath

Swirls found EVERYWHERE

And I mean everywhere

RIDS + SWIRLS

At B Pillar

More alien things

The oxidised spoiler

More on it

A sorta 50/50 ya. After 2 passes of Optimum Hyper Compound with double sided wool pad

The difference between the front bumper and the front bonnet.....

1x Hyper Compound + 2x Hyper Polish = MAMMA MIA

Sanity restored

Bird shit stain and swirls

After compounding.... hologram

After polishing.... hologram gone

After compounding the bonnet..... hologram again

With hologram, comes polishing and say BYE BYE hologram

YUM YUM

Now enjoy

That is my White car...

That was reflected off the Savvy

Which was not far away

Tunjuk muscle sikit

Thank you and sorry for the amount of pictures. Hope you guys enjoy it and lesson learn... black savvy = hard to detail as the paint is soft and hologram comes easily.

Need to learn from sifu sifu sekalian on photography skills d.... i believe my pics are not up to par and do the car no justice.

For more of my work and my previous work, please visit http://da3s.blogspot.com

Last edited:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
walao its the best present any brother can get. Is ur brother back? what is his reaction!?

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I somehow like this detailing post a lot! EPIC clean up job and restoration. How many hours did you put in to clean that car up? If the car ends up like before... need to go strangle owner!

Yes your pics a bit out of focus. You can go manual focus and adjust until you get the paint surface in focus since you are using a DSLR.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
walao its the best present any brother can get. Is ur brother back? what is his reaction!?
He is back, his reaction was....."hmmm", but his wife's reaction was.... "this car can be so shiny wan ar"

I somehow like this detailing post a lot! EPIC clean up job and restoration. How many hours did you put in to clean that car up? If the car ends up like before... need to go strangle owner!

Yes your pics a bit out of focus. You can go manual focus and adjust until you get the paint surface in focus since you are using a DSLR.
Took..... probably 15 to 18 hours in total. It was done over a span of 5 days. I work on it for a few hours everyday after office hours. There were lots of spider webs under the car that I did not take photo off. Took a long time to rid it of webs.

I was using a mix of DSLR and CC (Compact camera) but can't seem to get it right even with a tripod. Maybe i should try manual focus instead of auto focus.

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If you realize some of our taiko detailers here always spot a finger in their pics. That is actually to help camera focus when using auto focus. Can try that.

Last edited:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
wa ur bro only hmmmmm... swt he totally care less towards his car?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
eohl79: I will try the finger technique next time i get a chance....... sound a bit on the perverted side for a perverted mind.

s1tl: yeah.... ultra neglect. car probably not washed for few weeks or months based on the amount of dirt on it.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
so sad just so sad

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Great transformation!!! Need to work on your 50/50 shots and before and after shots.

I think your lens is too long. Need a wider shot for perspective before a close-up showing details. The finger trick or using live view and manual focus is also a must as you need to focus on the surface of the paint. The camera will tend to focus on the reflection itself.

Must look like this ;-)

Hahahaha.... Great job with the Savvy. When we doing a car together?

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
COngrats buddy

Wah just a call away...congrats on yr epic detail

Meaningful thread...remember do not despise yr humble beginning.....

u scared me la...... birth of another detailer

Thanks to you for teaching in our last detailing class

I am sure - you feel great to help the Newbie in rotary

Just like a dad " I am proud of you "

Keep it coming yo...

R8 & exotics Detail by DARKACCOON ...pls view here....http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-detailing-forums/395992-12-exotics-and-super-exotics-detail-in-4-hours-for-car-show-by-detailien-detailing-guru.html

From zero to hero story! Fuiyo maximum!
bro
it has been almost 2 1/2 months since we last asked u to join our hands on...make sure u come the next

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
KC:
haha, if you never call me, i would have waited till the weekend to post this experience. Was busy in the office as CNY ended and all work started piling up. It took me almost 2 hours to upload the photos and do the write-up

Seech:
Thank you for the photography tips, will give it a try on another detailing journey. BTW, I am not worthy to detail with you..... not yet. HOHOHO, wait till I reach a near godlike skill like you and KC.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
KC:
haha, if you never call me, i would have waited till the weekend to post this experience. Was busy in the office as CNY ended and all work started piling up. It took me almost 2 hours to upload the photos and do the write-up

Seech:
Thank you for the photography tips, will give it a try on another detailing journey. BTW, I am not worthy to detail with you..... not yet. HOHOHO, wait till I reach a near godlike skill like you and KC.
KC:

Seech:
come on if you didnt detail that who then...Phantom ke

thanks for the only one who show up that night

wouldnt because of you.....we wouldnt have make it

u were the only one responded to this emergency call, the following day u once again taught in the Nissan clinic

we owe our gratitude to u

Last edited:

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
DarkAcoon, this is one of your greatest post i've seen. please keep them coming to show more of your amazing work. really looking forward to see another epic post of yours. you'll soon to be like one of the sifu in ZTH. :top:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hye, im new here

im driving neo 1.6 auto & now thinking to install hi cam but not sure whether its a good idea or not since i heard auto car shudn't install hi cam or else ur car will face so many probs after that
if installing hi cam is a good idea, what degree shud i use?

i need opinion from u guys who knows best & have experience with it

if u ask me y im thinking to install hi cam?
i want my car to be fast :biggrin:

what i already did :

- full exhaust sys
- cam pulleys...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience