Pagani lets the cat-fish out of the bag on Huayra

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006
Pagani lets the cat-fish out of the bag on Huayra w/video

So after some other publications broke the embargo on Pagani’s latest hypercar and unleashed some of the shots of the Huayra on the interwebs, Pagani themselves have officially lifted the veil on their replacement for the Zonda, dubbed the Huayra.

Having taken a few moments to gather it all in, the general styling cues of the Huayra are definitely lifted from the predecessing Zonda, especially the quad-stacked titanium tailpipes and tail lights.

The front of the Huayra has been the cardinal talking point, with most of the car community likening it to a catfish. But then again, Pagani has made it known that all those flaps and slats on the bumper keep the front end planted at high speeds and in corners. To counter those speeds, the massive brakes get some help from the air flaps located on the rear. We're guessing they work the conventional way and lift up during hard braking or above certain speeds.

Just like the Zonda, the Huayra looks to have enough flaps, slats, flares and strakes to keep a light aircraft steady in flight. Plus, gone are the conventional swing doors that have been replaced by the more in-your-face gullwing hatch.

All those aero aids will come in handy when the bespoke AMG-built 6-liter twin-turboed V12 hits the stratospheric end of the tacho and sends the Huayra towards its top speed of near 370km/h.

Reaching speeds like that is capable due to the nuclear-power plant of an engine producing over 700hp and 1002Nm of torque that is sent to the rear wheels via a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox. Of course, weighing in at just under 1,360kg can’t hurt either.

Step into the cabin and you’ll be greeted by the typical over-the-top Pagani luxury that the Zonda would have had you expect. The cockpit is slathered in leather with exposed aluminium and carbon fiber pieces giving it that raw touch if masculinity the Huayra is capable of. The multi-function display and controls all glow a shade of blue that will surely be easy to spot.

All that is left now is for videos of it to pop up online to give us aural orgasms with the soundtrack of that monstrous V12 being flogged on the roads.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SqWKWJ7jiCw" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Source: Autoblog Italy and Evo

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ikan keli :biggrin:

was the gold colour parts actually coated in pure gold????

or just powdercoating colour???? :hmmmm:

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
I still prefer Zonda Cinque over this Ah Huay... but the interior looked cool though. I kinda have the impression that the design of this car is somehow meant to cater for the Chinese market... :hmmmm:

Last edited:

dent

Oct 6, 2010
Damansara
the side mirrors is a bit turn off 4 me....but thats y its called cat-fish i guess....other than dat...da car is superb.....nice curves....:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm IMHO doesn't look as good as the Zonda, especially at the front. The rear also like it's copying quite a bit from Enzo/458 styling. Interior still looks good though, still similar to the Zonda.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
guest....

u could see zonda in front fascia if u imagine that u remove the front bumper and give a good look at front wheel bulge as well as the headlamps :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

guest....

u could see zonda in front fascia if u imagine that u remove the front bumper and give a good look at front wheel bulge as well as the headlamps :biggrin:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
whether u like it or not, u cant afford it. period.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
guest....

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

guest....

Hehe yea, I guess the front airdam/splitters/bumper design which I feel not as good as the Zonda's.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

whether u like it or not, u cant afford it. period.
Hahaha, absolutely! Unless I win a huge lottery! :biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I still can't pronounce the name....>.<

sanji

Oct 10, 2010
Ipoh
still prefer the zonda. the front end weird mouth don't fit me i guess. perhaps black in colour will make it less noticeable.

but it's true, whether i like it or not, still can't afford it :bawling:

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
I still can't pronounce the name....>.<
I noticed Mr. Horaccio Pagani in his latest video pronounced it as 'e-why-ra'... Hokkien ppl will pronounce it as 'ee wa ai la'! ... lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifu....

i hv a mod car but now got bit problem here hope all sifu can gv me a idea here thank you very much.......

when my car rav till 5k rpm (sometime start fr 4k+) it always not smoth n some times sounds like "PopPopPop ...." can any1 help me out ???
tried out used to control the fuel but still the same - or + fuel also same ...... change the plug n cable also the same.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience