Optimum Coating : Volkswagen Passat - www.optiautodetail.com

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Today we are here to get this Passat Opti-Coated but complications had already occur way before the client contacted us.
There were some severe scratches but not deep into the metal as briefed by the client. We reached the client around noon and started inspecting.

|
The car looked to be in a very decent condition as it was less than 2 weeks old but then we found some severe damages.

By looking at the gloss and reflection at the initial checkup we could say it is still in a pretty good shape.

Because the sun was out, we decided to roll the car out for some sun shot and inspection under the best lighting to expose all damages.

Well I don't think we need to emphasize so much on the surface correction but to make sure we polished and clean the surface before we moved on to any coating application.

The source of this deep scratch was by a badminton racket. The owner brief us that it was done by the children playing at the streets, The depth of the scratch didn't reach the metal but it is deep enough to be felt by fingernail.

Here is a view of the corrected scratch, not perfect but it the maximum that can be done. Sadly. It not very visible on daylight but for us, it's annoying.

The correction for just this scratch took us more than 2 hours of non-stop compounding and polishing to reach this state, We consulted the owner and he was able to accept this condition as its the best that can be done.

After about 5 hours, I hereby present you with the results!

Glossy and Reflective finish for a better long lasting paint protection

The Lotus Effect on the paint.

Lotus Effect on the Alloy Rims, This will reduce brake dust sticking onto the rims and also easier cleaning.

Protected Headlights to prevent from oxidation AKA Tuning yellow

Team Optimum Signing out!

Stay Tuned for our next Audi A4 Project

P/S: we are*truly*sorry if you find that our post is abit short this time, This was a very tight scheduled job so we had to rush and minimize photo taking.

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
thank you, too bad the badminton smash on the hood cannot totally remove

DarkAccoon

500 RPM

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
thank you, too bad the badminton smash on the hood cannot totally remove
Knowing when to stop correcting = love for client's car. No point correct it max but risk a thin clearcoat.

Think long term and customer will appreciate it as well. Glad the customer was understanding. hats off to you. Nice safe nonetheless.

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Wow..
You have all of my respect..
Thank you very much.

Knowing when to stop correcting = love for client's car. No point correct it max but risk a thin clearcoat.

Think long term and customer will appreciate it as well. Glad the customer was understanding. hats off to you. Nice safe nonetheless.
Yes, but its kindof annoying to us detailers to see that scratch there, damn its like a small cut, nothing major not pain but annoying as hell.

but oh well, customer was understanding so I did as much as I could.

Lesson of the day: do not park outside during evening play time, kids may scoop the shuttlecock off from your car with the racket haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hye to all sifus..
i planning toget a car under 10k.
i am really looking for a modded one.
juz wanted opinion of you guys whether should i go for a na or a turbo car to strt with.
give me your views on maintainance and stuff..
hope you guys cn help..
thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience