Open pod air filter for Auto car??

Kevinlkv

Known Member
Apr 9, 2005
im owning an auto car now...plan to change the intake system but ppl warn me open pod is not suitable for Auto. i noe drop in is better but i cant find the size tht suit my car. Any better way?? Btw, changing extractor n the muffler will it make my car worst than b4? Thanks Sifu~!

L900

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
Cheras - KL
Bro, what car r u driving? NA or Turbo?O Pod Filter & Xhaust manifold sometimes doesnt
suit with your standard car setting, specially NA engine. Your xhaust piping size & rear muffler are very important specially for Auto Transmssn. Through my experience, the best xhaust rear muffler for NA auto trans is S type and not straight flow. The NA Auto engine need more xhaust back preasure for better pickup. If you changed to OPFilter and found
that you lost of your car power, then you need to change your air/fuel mixture to the correct ratio.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
what car r u driving bro.....??? mind to tell us...

Isis

Known Member
Oct 29, 2004
Kepong Baru, KL
www.lifeisalesson.com
i've jz installed a open pod in my auto car and she works perfectly well.

pick-up is there and FC seems to be the same.

planning on gettin a SAFC soon to change the AF ratio :p

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
i was having the same doubts about changing the airfilter and exhaust sys...
will changing the airfilter/exhaust void the cars warrenty?? im driving a fairly new nissan sentra '04 ..1.6(a)

Isis

Known Member
Oct 29, 2004
Kepong Baru, KL
www.lifeisalesson.com
installing a new air-filter or dropping in a drop-in air filter does void your warranty.

but,
these modifications are easily taken out and the stock ones can be placed back in it's original place! :p

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
ahah yep i thought of that..but what about the exhaust? maybe not the whole system , just the muffler perhaps? would that be voiding the warr?

cheers ;)

Isis

Known Member
Oct 29, 2004
Kepong Baru, KL
www.lifeisalesson.com
as for mufflers... i wouldn't know but i would presume it would void the warranty.

plus, muffler ain't that easy to change back to the stock ones :( (i think)

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
huakenny said:
S flow muffler = NA car

straight flow muffler = Turbo car.....

BUWAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
huakenny said:
S flow muffler = NA car

straight flow muffler = Turbo car.....

piping depends on car n d cc.....should be ok to throw in open port filter.
Er..NA cant put straight flow?! i thought straight or S flow is for diff performance as
straight is for pickup and S is for top speed?!er..correct me if im wrong..noob here.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Kenny's rite....if auto car use straight flow. the pick up will sucks big time unless its a turbo....this is because NA car need back pressure to allow btter pickup. while turbo car can use straight flow cause the exhaust gases coming out from their car are already compress wan. So there is already a pressure...

Kevinlkv

Known Member
Apr 9, 2005
sorry late reply...wow...thanks guys~! Im driving Na car la, a small small atoz. I noe mayb u guys think im wastin my $$ to mod my car, but really hope to improve my car performance abit lo. Ok...s-flow for my car...i aldy changed the middle part of the exhaust (bullet??) can feel abit bit different la...n the sound more garang d...hehe nice~! Nx wana go for ext n muffler la! Hope wont gv bad fc lah~! Thanks sifu~!

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i would like to change my kancil 660AT exhaust to kelisa stock exhaust without the center box...
is it okay for wat i done to my 660 aT ?
i think the ori exhause are just too small..and i think kelisa suit it best...any sifu can tell me wherther it's wrong or ok?
thanks guys

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys what will be the best exhaust setup for myvi 1.3 auto ? Prefer a straight flow kind of system or something which has a nice sound and with good mid end power
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience