Old Myvi(2009) 1.3 ATF use DIII or D3-SP?

Vincent0001

Mar 8, 2019
I plan to change my Myvi (2009) auto transmission fluid, I know P2 DIII
(green color sticker, blue botol) confirm can be use since alot bengkel use it.

My question is can I use D3-SP as pic below, have anybody try it?

* I ask it because I have a few doubt as follow:
- The manual said use d3-sp

- 2009 I change the ATF at P2 service center is also use d3-sp

- I have doubt about the manual as someone around this zerotohundred forum point out the coolant capacity stated is wrong, it isjust 2.7L not the 5.7L stated in the book. I agree with it since i flush my coolant b4 and feel 5.7L is abit too much, impossible). DSC_0337.JPG
- A lot online seller said old Myvi use D3, an D3-SP is old SP3(red cap white botol), I don't agree it, my understanding is SP3 is SP3, my Myvi definitely cannot use SP3, but 1st time service P2 pour D3-SP in my gearbox and no problem, so i assume two different speck, (just that that time P2 not market their D3-SP as 3-4L botol for sales at that time, now they are selling).

So I need to hear you all Sifu opinion:driver::driver::driver:

Attachments

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
From the group who drive half cut YRV turbos that used the same gearbox, get the Shell Spirax III from shell petrol station. The grey bottle one.

They swear by it, so do I.
I used to use Pennzoil fully synthetic multi ATF and it slipped.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I plan to change my Myvi (2009) auto transmission fluid, I know P2 DIII
(green color sticker, blue botol) confirm can be use since alot bengkel use it.

My question is can I use D3-SP as pic below, have anybody try it?

* I ask it because I have a few doubt as follow:
- The manual said use d3-sp

- 2009 I change the ATF at P2 service center is also use d3-sp

- I have doubt about the manual as someone around this zerotohundred forum point out the coolant capacity stated is wrong, it isjust 2.7L not the 5.7L stated in the book. I agree with it since i flush my coolant b4 and feel 5.7L is abit too much, impossible). View attachment 574355
- A lot online seller said old Myvi use D3, an D3-SP is old SP3(red cap white botol), I don't agree it, my understanding is SP3 is SP3, my Myvi definitely cannot use SP3, but 1st time service P2 pour D3-SP in my gearbox and no problem, so i assume two different speck, (just that that time P2 not market their D3-SP as 3-4L botol for sales at that time, now they are selling).

So I need to hear you all Sifu opinion:driver::driver::driver:
don't worry about it. Dexron III had multiple versions, F-G-H and now SP. It's all the same oil with slight tweaks to the formulation. As long as you're using DEXRON III base - you're fine. SPIII is not the same thing.

Vincent0001

Mar 8, 2019
From the group who drive half cut YRV turbos that used the same gearbox, get the Shell Spirax III from shell petrol station. The grey bottle one.

They swear by it, so do I.
I used to use Pennzoil fully synthetic multi ATF and it slipped.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Vincent0001

Mar 8, 2019
don't worry about it. Dexron III had multiple versions, F-G-H and now SP. It's all the same oil with slight tweaks to the formulation. As long as you're using DEXRON III base - you're fine. SPIII is not the same thing.
Thanks for the explanation. Going to buy d3-sp ATF, A/T filter gasket and primer metal paint. Since my A/T drain pan got some rusty part because last time (long time ago) sulfuric acid of the battery overflow drain to bottom at touch it, and i had put some grease to cover it to prevent it rust temporary.

Since now going to take the pan out, planning to clean it, wipe the grease out with some soak water( or brake cleaner if it help to clean the grease, never try before), and brush out the rust part with metal brush, dry and finally spray the primer on it and black paint. Hope it help.

Reactions: Izso

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
I am on 50k km for my Myvi. I have never changed atf so far.

How frequent should we do it? If didn't do does it mean change gear from ie P to D harder

Vincent0001

Mar 8, 2019
I am on 50k km for my Myvi. I have never changed atf so far.

How frequent should we do it? If didn't do does it mean change gear from ie P to D harder
Check your manual, bengkel bawah pokok normally suggest 20k mileage , my manual said 40k, i change in between 20k to 40k km.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Meet the Jaguar F-Pace. A new contender and yet another contributing proof, indicating the immense market needs for more SUVs. Nevertheless, the F-Pace combines what’s good from Jaguar and the key features wanted in the market nowadays.

Sitting in the same league as the Porsche Macan, Audi Q5 and Mercedes GLC, the Jaguar F-Pace boasts a sleeker design; taking cues from its full-size sedan sibling, the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience