of diameters and FC

lowk

Oct 28, 2004
Since the forum has been rather quiet of late, thought i might as well add a little colour. In short, upgraded to larger diameter 3in exhaust piping (front to rear) from 2.5in including removing the previous restrictive mid box. Butt dyno tells me that torque has improved across the entire powerband. But thats not the only good news, FC has also improved to an average of 7.5km/l (from the last 4 refills) from 7km/l

i wonder if new headers would push it up by another 0.5km/l. Anyone with experience on headers/exhaust manifolds?

ok, flame away :biggrin:

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Since the forum has been rather quiet of late, thought i might as well add a little colour. In short, upgraded to larger diameter 3in exhaust piping (front to rear) from 2.5in including removing the previous restrictive mid box. Butt dyno tells me that torque has improved across the entire powerband. But thats not the only good news, FC has also improved to an average of 7.5km/l (from the last 4 refills) from 7km/l

i wonder if new headers would push it up by another 0.5km/l. Anyone with experience on headers/exhaust manifolds?

ok, flame away
I think there must something wrong with your car in the first place...just able to achieve 7km/l as an average is low. For a stock car you should be getting around 8.5-9.5km/l.
Or maybe your right foot is made of lead....

lowk

Oct 28, 2004
I'm happy with 7km/l...i guess i must have a really heavy right foot. anyway FC figures were given to indicate the enhancement post the upgrade based on the same style and route i take.
so, grey, what makes you think a stock car should get around 8.5-9.5km/l on this same route/ driving style? simply brilliant ...

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
so, grey, what makes you think a stock car should get around 8.5-9.5km/l on this same route/ driving style? simply brilliant ...
I guess the brilliant one would be you coz of what you have done and only gain 0.5km/l...
As for the figure I qouted may vary from driver to driver...but it is from some guys here that does not drive like snails..yet their average FC is anytime better than that...go figure.

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
On a constructive discussion note, 7km/l does sound bad. Simple calculation on an average fuel refilling to roughly 48 lit(our fuel tanks are about 50litre)

7km/L x 48 litre = 336km <<--way below the average of about 400km. my old 3sge engine auto did an average of 400 to 430km and i am an average driver.

Perhaps lowk's good old engine has been tuned ...or needs a engine overhaul. wear n tear does happens over time.

btw...I am doing at least 380km now...with a 1j vvti engine

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
On a constructive discussion note, 7km/l does sound bad. Simple calculation on an average fuel refilling to roughly 48 lit(our fuel tanks are about 50litre)

7km/L x 48 litre = 336km <<--way below the average of about 400km. my old 3sge engine auto did an average of 400 to 430km and i am an average driver.

Perhaps lowk's good old engine has been tuned ...or needs a engine overhaul. wear n tear does happens over time.

btw...I am doing at least 380km now...with a 1j vvti engine

Bro, let us put back our stock parts bk to the engine hahahahahahahahahahah , then the fc can reach 400 average hahahahahahaha ...........what sai you?

:driver:

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
1JZ vvti 380km/tank only meh???
should get 400+ km quite easily
So if the 1JZ altezzas can do around 400+ km..then I guess lowk must be using 2JZ engine..:hmmmm:

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
1JZ vvti 380km/tank only meh???
should get 400+ km quite easily
My rite foot heavy at times ma...see ppl fei Che must chase a bit

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I dun think anyone will complain nor care about fuel consumption issues if they have a marvelous 2j in the hood. I knw I won't care. Lol

But to be fair, 2j with 6 larger fuel injectors DO consume a higher fuel quantity than the slower 3sge....

lowk

Oct 28, 2004
So if the 1JZ altezzas can do around 400+ km..then I guess lowk must be using 2JZ engine..:hmmmm:
green, thats the whole point, you drive whatever style you like as long as the car you drive and the manner you drive it makes you happy.

grey, if you're driving a car with ~200hp and you're worried about FC, then perhaps this is not the car for you. Also you've made the assumption above that larger capacity engines like the 2J are less fuel efficient than the 1J. I guess you really need to correct yourself on that point too. Finally, doing a mod upgrade for FC was only secondary, the primary objective was to release horses, which i said, felt so...need some basic english classes perhaps?

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
lowk, since u chg the piping diameter and dyno-ed it, mind to share how much hp u gained from
that mod alone ?

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Finally, doing a mod upgrade for FC was only secondary, the primary objective was to release horses, which i said, felt so...need some basic english classes perhaps?

Anyway..compare your car and mine...I will lost to you lor :adore:...coz my car is stock only mah and I normally drive like a snail mah. So my FC is very good one...I normally get 9-10km/L one.
I think all my pipe small size one ahh..:hmmmm:..so cannot drive fast fast lor.

So also compare yr english..I also lost to you lor.

So you are my taikor tai tai..car also taikor and english also taikor...sorry sorry to have flame you lor...:stupido:

Last edited:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Guys
dont fight aahh... As I know stock Altezza Auto should be able to produce between 400Km to 500km...whether heavy foot or light foot. If modded..... depending on the mod the FC will vary.

It is all about HP vs FC. If modded kau kau the the FC will go below 400KM.

So if your car is standard and you are getting less than 400km then maybe clean you MAP sensor, replace airfilter, replace spark plugs and also check the O2 sensor. These things can reduce your FC. And also the general condition of the engine.

Btw what is your dyno figure HP and Torque.

Last edited: