No more free supercharging for 2017 Teslas

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com

Up to this day, Tesla is providing free, unlimited supercharging for all Tesla owners. However, buyers who purchase new Teslas after Jan 1, 2017 will no longer enjoy the privilege.

On the bright side, new Tesla owners from Jan 1, 2017 will be granted 400kWh worth of free Supercharging credit every year – approximately 1,000 miles or 1,600 km of free travel.

Once the 400 kWh credits are used, Tesla says they will charge ‘a small fee to Supercharge which will be charged incrementally and cost less than the price of filling up a comparable gasoline car’.

The company didn't' state what the exact fee will be, but they've mentioned ‘prices may fluctuate over time and vary regionally based on the cost of electricity, however our Supercharging network will never be a profit centre’.

Those who place their order for a Tesla before January 1<sup>st</sup> and take delivery of their car before April 2017 will be ‘grandfathered in’, meaning unlimited juice for life from any of Tesla’s 4,600 Superchargers, together with existing Tesla owners.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm using a wira 1.5 carburator engine........can i switch my standard engine to turbo engine?.......plz any sifu tell me! izzit possible?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience