NISMO S-Tune R34 Detail - Part 1

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
When a person ask you to detail his car that is one of the 20+ units ever made, you will feel the weight of the job. But when that person owns a premium detailing business in the US, where the average car they do is a lambo, you will feel ****ed. You know that if you made a mistake, no form of bullshit will work.

I was reluctant to take up this job for the lack of experience on black, super soft paint. But the owner of this beast, a friend of mine encouraged me to do it. I was even more reluctant to post this up as I am really not satisfied with the results. But s1tl kept asking for a post. Oh well...

For an intro, only 20+ units was ever produced. Has around 400 hp in stock form. The owner tuned it to 650 hp, but then detuned it down to 500 hp again until the arrival of his new turbines :)

I did this car for about 30 hours over a span of 3 days. Thus, I will divide this post into 2 parts, the cleaning, and paint correction.

This first post will be the cleaning part. Washing, claying, wheel cleaning, engine bay detailing

I am surprised to find the car in near perfect clean condition. This was the clay for the upper body of the car after claying.

Look how clean the clay bar is. Left is clay for upper body, right is clay for lower body. I felt a lot of grit being trapped by the clay. But in the end, the clay bar is not black at all. Considering that the car just came out of a paint shop, I suspect that it was stained with overspray.

The ONR solution and the second bucket of clean water after washing. Look at how clean it is. What I found is that the second bucket had some bubbles emulsified on the surface which lead me to believe that they use some pretty good tough wax. Later on, I found out that they use Swissvax.

The definition that the wax and the paint has is really, HD.

Wheel cleaning. Wheel arches, tires, wheels, lug nuts, brake calipers. By the way, the cost of the brake system alone can buy a local car.

Flat black. Just general dust.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OKUP_pZcMWc/TxpLVDQOGdI/AAAAAAAAAjg/SlJjriJYKVY/s1600/DSC00711.JPG

Inner walls.

Lug nuts...

Done

Done inner walls.

The heart of the beast... Not much pictures as I was rushing. I'll go straight to before-after photos.

Valve cover before

Valve cover after

Camgears cover after. Forgot to snap before :(

Radiator hose before. Forgot to take after :(

Radiator cap before

Radiator cap after

Stainless steel pipings before.

Stainless steel piping after. Not very good because I just cleaned it but haven't polish.

Piping connections before

Piping connections after

Windshield washer fluid tank before. No after :(</div>

Brake fluid tank before

Brake fluid tank after

HKS fuel rail after. Arrrgh no before!!! This is one of the most difficult parts to clean as there are many cables and sensors and serious precaution has to be taken not to wet or damage the electronic parts. Not to mention the tight cramps spaces.

Nismo radiator cap after. Can't do much as the sticker is peeling. Not strange for this area because of the heat.

ABS controller before

ABS controller after

SARD fuel regulator before

SARD fuel regulator after

Brake fluid tank pipings before

Brake fluid tank pipings after

The done up engine bay. Everything is clean. Just the stainless steel piping not shining because haven't polished with metal polish. You can see the after pics of the windshield washer fluid tank here.

The 3rd bucket of filth collected form the engine bay.

Time taken: 3 hours
Tools: a variety of brushes and cloths
Product: Optimum Power Clean in 1:3 dilution ratio

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I am greatly humbled to been able to detail this thing. Wait till the paint correction post. I am not very satisfied with it. Still got a lot to learn. Nevertheless, I thank my friend for giving me the chance to treat his beast.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
BRAVooooOOOooOOoOoooOoooOOOOoooOOOOoooooOOOOoooooooooo~~~~!!!!!!

Damn those Rims and calipers! brb> fap fap fap~

Great job done on the engine! din polish the stainless steel piping meh?? would look even more shiny if done...

Cant wait for the correction part!
I support u Veloc!

ss12b

Known Member
Jun 4, 2006
congrats 2 u veloc..good job!!!luv those rim & calipers arrrgghhh..............

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
Yes veloc, like what u did, i also cleaned my engine bay with the 1:3 opc...the result? Fuh........damn it's so clean!!!!! Even for the parts that i thought can never be cleaned and shine. This out of this world product did the job just like that...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Veloc,

Waaaalllaauuuwwwweeiiiii....!!! :top:
Thank you thank you... I wait for your beast :biggrin:

Wah... You got the chance to deal with this monster...
I ma greatly honoured and humbled because my friend let me detail this thing while I am not pro yet.

veloc do mine can? hehe..price price price
Haha... I in KK... I would love to do your if I am in west. But you can contact the rest of the detailing gang in west :)

BRAVooooOOOooOOoOoooOoooOOOOoooOOOOoooooOOOOoooooooooo~~~~!!!!!!

Damn those Rims and calipers! brb> fap fap fap~

Great job done on the engine! din polish the stainless steel piping meh?? would look even more shiny if done...

Cant wait for the correction part!
I support u Veloc!
Josh... I know right? Sayang te steel pipes. But I do not have metal polish with me that time. Waiting for the owner to bring back form the US and then bling it.

congrats 2 u veloc..good job!!!luv those rim & calipers arrrgghhh..............
I know right? The rims were originally black. Previous owner sprayed gold. Luckily this owner got taste. He sprayed it back to flat black. Really bring out the Endless brake kit.

Yes veloc, like what u did, i also cleaned my engine bay with the 1:3 opc...the result? Fuh........damn it's so clean!!!!! Even for the parts that i thought can never be cleaned and shine. This out of this world product did the job just like that...
This epic product... Really...

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
veloc, u did a great job!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
veloc, u did a great job!
Thank you "si heng"...

ur fren must be very seldom come out...i never spot this car bro
Ya he seldom drives it. Even tuner he also found his own tuner. I thought he do at your place, but when I ask he told me a name I never heard before. But the guy from japan de...

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Great documentation of your work! Nice job in the engine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is there anyone can tell the difference in handling feel between this two type of suspension? I thought I couldn't tell but my nerve told me otherwise. It is subtle. I couldn't describe the difference. Aside to say multi-link handles better, I can just say I like the feel more. (The cars I tested in question are Civic EJ and Perdana vs FD2.)

With Honda discarding the front double wishbone setup for McPherson, it had said in one of its statements that drivers wouldn't be able to feel the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience