New ZZW30 Owner with some questions.

SilentSeeker

Jun 20, 2010
Kuching
Hello fellow MR2 and MRS driver out there, greetings from Kuching, Sarawak.

I've just purchased a second handed White Missus last week in KL. Decided to go for my dream car. On the day when I drove her to the port, I'be already fell in love with her. She's a 2002, SMT with TRD stage 1 skirtings.

Below are some of my concern. Are JDM Missus prone to the pre-cat failure as well. I got too excited the other day and forgot to check out the pre-cats. From looks it is still original, I wonder if it has been gutted. She's on 70k km mileage now.

Right now she's otw to Kuching, may reach next week. Any advices are welcomed with open hands.

Thanks and have a nice day!!:driver:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Personally I think the precat issue is slihtly overblown. Though you should check if the oil consumption of the said car. (Weather it is eating oil)

Btw congrats on your purchase, it is a white spyder with kit correct?

I'm not sure if you came across my blog, but possibly some general info, just to fill you in. It was written a while back, the prices of the zzw30 mrs may have come down, but it still serves some info.

http://koolspyda.blogspot.com/2010/08/thinking-of-buying-toyota-mr-s-in.html?m=0

Perhaps some time I will add more on other stuffs

Btw, the link below is the Malaysian MR2/MR-S FB page.

Most of our club members interaction are on whatsapp. MR-S zzw30 & MR2. Feel free to hook up

Last edited:

SilentSeeker

Jun 20, 2010
Kuching
Thanks for the reply koolspyda!

Yup, I've read your blog. Been following a lot of ZZW30 updates alall this while. Just manage to get one until lately. Finally saved up enuff for my dream.

I'll be sure to drop by the FB page later. Just thought I wanna gutt my pre cats. Either way, its still on the way thou. Only until next Monday then I get to see her again.

Cheers.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Feel free to share your photos when it lands in kuching.

glad that you found your dream car. I know there are several MR-S in sarawak in the past. some may have moved on, maybe. there was a very pretty lass too last time. :big grin: But dropped off the grid cause she wanted to concentrate on her career.