New Toy - DeWalt DWP849X

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
wow, where can i get the dewalt for rm500++...been searching for polisher for quite a while now.....

ericsan

Oct 20, 2007
Thanks bro KrisMas for the idea. So far have not seen any DeWalt dealer in my area yet :bawling: Bro KrisMas, where is your location located. Maybe I can contact dealer there for delivery :hmmmm:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
wow, where can i get the dewalt for rm500++...been searching for polisher for quite a while now.....
A few of our fellow enthusiasts had already bought it from various hardware stores. Most stores selling them at around the price range RM540 ~ RM570.

Thanks bro KrisMas for the idea. So far have not seen any DeWalt dealer in my area yet :bawling: Bro KrisMas, where is your location located. Maybe I can contact dealer there for delivery :hmmmm:
Maybe you can search/google for Black & Decker Malaysia and call and ask them where you can get it near your area as they are the DeWalt dealer. I got mine direct from them. B&D Malaysia is in Taman SEA, PJ. Near you?

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

racedemon22, ericsan, thousand apologies. My mistake. I just checked again and it's not RM5++, it's selling at the stores for around RM640~RM670. The RM5++ price is for the Hitachi. Sorry again for the wrong info.

ericsan

Oct 20, 2007
A few of our fellow enthusiasts had already bought it from various hardware stores. Most stores selling them at around the price range RM540 ~ RM570.

Maybe you can search/google for Black & Decker Malaysia and call and ask them where you can get it near your area as they are the DeWalt dealer. I got mine direct from them. B&D Malaysia is in Taman SEA, PJ. Near you?

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Thanks bro KrisMas, will call them shortly and hopefully they can assist me :proud:

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
Fuh, i have check the dealer in Kuching and they quote me rm980.... thats a huge margin of price compare to KL.. can someone recommend me any shops in KL that can sell reasonable price? thanks

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
.....maybe you can ask somebody to handcarry back for you when visiting or going back.....
how much is the Makita over there?

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
Makita not much difference... around rm900 ++ to rm1k++..... might do that....can recommend some hardware store that sell the dewalt for rm600++.......thanks

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
I need to ask around if you want the details. Give me a little time ya....

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Brw....are you also ericsan on 'the other' forum....?

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
nope..iam honda 202 from the other forum....thanks krismas and hope to hear from u soon.... any review on Hitachi SP18VA.... its much cheaper and maybe i can consider this too.......

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
The Hitachi is also a proven rotary, *almost* at par with the Makita. But there are some downsides that aren't favoured by quite a few enthusiasts, namely:

1. Louder/higher pitch
2. Don't have 'soft start'
3. Very obvious 'jerk' during start
4. Handling not as 'balanced' as the Makita

Accept for the above few 'minor' annoyance, and if you don't mind to live with them, it's also a good and proven machine and the price is quite reasonable. But, personally, I feel that the Hitachi is a little out-dated already. Although the new DeWalt hasn't been proven for it's realiability yet as compared to the Makita, the price is too much to pass. Further more, it comes with 1 year warranty as opposed to Makita which now only give 6 months warranty.

There's a video comparing the few rotaries that we took during one of our regular get-together. Let me see if I can find it......

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Here we go:
DeWalt DWP849X Test Run - YouTube

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
oic.....so i think i have to wait for your price on the dewalt and place to purchase it...thanks for the info krismas.....heheheh

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Hold on for a little bit more ya. A couple of friends who bought it promise to give some detail info today.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I love te super low speed (600 rpm) of he makita. It's good for spreading and the last burnishing while dEwalt only have 1000 rpm. But RM500???? I can live with it man! Definitely a good buy!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To All ZTH Sifu...

Need ur help on TB issue...

few mechanic tell me that TB from GTI, Putra & SEI can fit to 4g92p...
but some mechanic say that TB cannot fit 4g92p...

really confuse...

thank you for ur help....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience