New Toy - DeWalt DWP849X

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Received a new toy the other day. It is said that this polisher rivals the Makita's performance but at lower price. So far looks and feels like so. A few of the guys already tested the machine out and the reviews are quite promising. Very nice added accessories, especially the backing plate and side handle.

Let see if the raves are true or not.

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yes indeed it is very good an rivals the Makita. Tested it out myself and it is realy good - both looks and functionality! Best thing, the accessories are useable! Also the use of M14 thread means more backplate compatibility! :rock:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
This one I got from the distributor to test out. You can try asking any hardware shop selling DeWalt machinery as it's already been distributed to the dealer/retailer. If you want it cheaper can PM me your details cuz I'm working out a group buy for some of my hardcore detailing friends.

V53

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
JB
After my survey of the price for this new toy in Singapore is SGD $305 before 7% GST,it means after convertion to Ringgit is around RM789.

Bro KrisMas,
Is the group buy cheaper than the price that i surveyed?

Need to upgrade my toy from Bosch GEX125AE(ROB) to RB either Makita 9227C or Dewalt DWP849X....any sifu can share which one is good coz never tested it out any of this two RB.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
After my survey of the price for this new toy in Singapore is SGD $305 before 7% GST,it means after convertion to Ringgit is around RM789.

Bro KrisMas,
Is the group buy cheaper than the price that i surveyed?

Need to upgrade my toy from Bosch GEX125AE(ROB) to RB either Makita 9227C or Dewalt DWP849X....any sifu can share which one is good coz never tested it out any of this two RB.
Yup. Group buy price is a little more than RM100 cheaper than that....:smokin:

V53

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
JB
Today checked with Dewalt dealer in JB and the best price for this new toy is much more cheaper than Singapore.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
May I know how much is it selling there in JB?

V53

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
JB
Single unit is RM650....

Asking him for group buy whether can get better discount or not...

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Dag nabbit....the gb price I was quoted is around that price.....you should go for it then. I've been using it and it's a great machine....

V53

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
JB
Since the price is cheaper than Makita and also a great machine why not give myself an earlier Christmas present....

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Not sure about PJ/KL area, maybe somebody else can chime in on that. But if you can stop and ask any hardware shop that has a DeWalt banner in your area, even if the shop doesn't have it, chances are they can order one for you as this machine is readily available from the main supplier. Price is in the mid RM500....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im using turbokits for my 660 kancil , but when long distance , at 4th gear 100kmh , it starts to jerking , fuel not enough =( , my fren ask me to korek the ic pump / fuel pump , anyone can teach me =) , i still cant afford injection so im sticking to use turbokits till nxt year =(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience