May 13, 2010
The Mines
turbocharged satria evo3 engine or gsr engine

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Older cars need more love and care ler.

Why don't you buy my turbo boat. Confirm most smiles per ringgit.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have only bought one new car, the rest all second hand. The thing is want but cannot afford, so let someone else bear the first round of depreciation......lol
Yeah I also only have bought 1 new car which is the pathetic Livina for the wife. Others are all used cars coz I want better cars yet more limited budget and therefore not willing to suffer as much depreciation.

Han_neversolo

Aug 10, 2018
Well, I guess second hand hatchback it is. Found a few second hand Golf GTI mk6 for around RM70k. But I haven't do more research on that car.

Also considering Peugeot 208 GTI from the previous reply. But kinda worried that their spare parts will dry up my bank account even if I send it to repair at workshop outside.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Well, I guess second hand hatchback it is. Found a few second hand Golf GTI mk6 for around RM70k. But I haven't do more research on that car.

Also considering Peugeot 208 GTI from the previous reply. But kinda worried that their spare parts will dry up my bank account even if I send it to repair at workshop outside.
Golf GTi Mk6 = older in age, lots of stuff wearing out, rubber bushes, engine mounting, big service coming up.
Peugeot 208 GTi = newer car, interior more modern, car still under warranty...

Personally I'd choose the Peugeot 208 GTi because you don't care about resale value. Because it depreciated worst. Both cars compared, the 208 GTi will give you less headaches in the next 2 to 3 years. There's still a year of warranty left, so be buddies with the SC guy, and get them to change whatever that is due for change...so its covered under warranty instead of your wallet.

Reactions: Han_neversolo

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Golf GTi Mk6 = older in age, lots of stuff wearing out, rubber bushes, engine mounting, big service coming up.
Peugeot 208 GTi = newer car, interior more modern, car still under warranty...

Personally I'd choose the Peugeot 208 GTi because you don't care about resale value. Because it depreciated worst. Both cars compared, the 208 GTi will give you less headaches in the next 2 to 3 years. There's still a year of warranty left, so be buddies with the SC guy, and get them to change whatever that is due for change...so its covered under warranty instead of your wallet.
I agree with u on the 'be buddy with the sc guy', to be exact be buddy with the service tech and not the advisor to eliminate middle man mark up.

Some tech of a european make can change / repair the legendary DSG GB for u at less than half the sc price. I know a Sirocco owner whom runs a family owned spare part shop come to them for help.

Reactions: Han_neversolo

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I agree with u on the 'be buddy with the sc guy', to be exact be buddy with the service tech and not the advisor to eliminate middle man mark up.

Some tech of a european make can change / repair the legendary DSG GB for u at less than half the sc price. I know a Sirocco owner whom runs a family owned spare part shop come to them for help.
Wah! like that double save, own spare parts shop means at cost already....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
why not get a mazda 3 mps instead.. more Fun/kg.. easy and cheaper to maintain fwd manual trans..:nurse:

mazda parts also not cheaper to replace :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
why not get a mazda 3 mps instead.. more Fun/kg.. easy and cheaper to maintain fwd manual trans..:nurse:
torque steer. and the car is old.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey petrol heads,
Toying with the idea of getting a peugeot 406.What japanese engine can i plonk in without changing the mountings?If not then my other option would be to BOT.If i do that would i need a standalone ECU or can i piggy bag with emanage or something similar.Hope some forumers or mechs who are familiar with these setup can advise me.thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience