Need help and advice!! I just got a 2009 lancer

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It sounds like the TC is a kid who just started driving or something. Maybe he's a kid with loads of money. But then again - if he had loads of money he wouldn't need to buy 2nd hand.

Marv : yeah SC probably would be more gearbox friendly but with turbo just boost low, like 0.5 bar - 0.6 bar max, I think the gearbox should be able to handle it. Then again, it all depends on the ratios - if it's long then the SC probably would be a better fit. Anyway, how's your car man? Sorted out the exhaust already so left the suspension and uprating the turbo?
BOT can boost that high. I remember one Waja boost max 0.4 only. Mine is standard turbo and boost is only 0.6....:rolleyes:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
It sounds like the TC is a kid who just started driving or something. Maybe he's a kid with loads of money. But then again - if he had loads of money he wouldn't need to buy 2nd hand.

Marv : yeah SC probably would be more gearbox friendly but with turbo just boost low, like 0.5 bar - 0.6 bar max, I think the gearbox should be able to handle it. Then again, it all depends on the ratios - if it's long then the SC probably would be a better fit. Anyway, how's your car man? Sorted out the exhaust already so left the suspension and uprating the turbo?

I guess is all up to the TS then. What about reliability? I was told the SC is more reliable and less maintenance.

Izso sifu....my car is great. But i think we perhaps should talk about it in PM or somewhere else. Dont want to off topic or spam this thread....Hahahahahhahah

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
BOT can boost that high. I remember one Waja boost max 0.4 only. Mine is standard turbo and boost is only 0.6....:rolleyes:
Oh yes ah? Then probably 0.4bar like you suggested

I guess is all up to the TS then. What about reliability? I was told the SC is more reliable and less maintenance.

Izso sifu....my car is great. But i think we perhaps should talk about it in PM or somewhere else. Dont want to off topic or spam this thread....Hahahahahhahah
SC more reliable? I think it depends on the type of SC you use and how it's setup. Maintenance is the same as Turbo I think. Could be wrong.

And I'm no sifu man. I'm just a dude.

"I would like to add a turbo to my car, would i need a turbo kit?"

What kind of question is this???
Now that you mention it - it's a question that's just waiting to be trolled! :biggrin::slug:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Oh yes ah? Then probably 0.4bar like you suggested

SC more reliable? I think it depends on the type of SC you use and how it's setup. Maintenance is the same as Turbo I think. Could be wrong.

And I'm no sifu man. I'm just a dude.

Now that you mention it - it's a question that's just waiting to be trolled! :biggrin::slug:
I think SC(Not stupidcar) is slightly easier.
Less plumbing. Thats a lot easier.
No IC, no oil feed, no hoses.
Just a thing on top, pulley, brackets and belt.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think SC(Not stupidcar) is slightly easier.
Less plumbing. Thats a lot easier.
No IC, no oil feed, no hoses.
Just a thing on top, pulley, brackets and belt.
SC needs IC la. I mean, not completely necessary but works better with mah no meh?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
SC needs IC la. I mean, not completely necessary but works better with mah no meh?
I think SC no need IC, because motor or belt driven, unlike turbo is exhaust gas driven which is hot.

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

"I would like to add a turbo to my car, would i need a turbo kit?"

What kind of question is this???
We can recommend to transplant......hhahahahhaha:rofl:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I think SC no need IC, because motor or belt driven, unlike turbo is exhaust gas driven which is hot.

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

We can recommend to transplant......hhahahahhaha:rofl:
I do think SC is an easier job.
If sprintex/proreka have a kit for lancer then it will be better as its plug and play.
Can even diy which i like more.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nice sound too from SC. The weeeeeeezzzzziiiiinnnnnggggggg sound......I love it....
I thought most like phssst, phssst......hahhahahhaa:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

I do think SC is an easier job.
If sprintex/proreka have a kit for lancer then it will be better as its plug and play.
Can even diy which i like more.
Wah! bro. gunnerzz really into DIY nowadays.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari’s 4.5L dry-sump, 90-degree, naturally-aspirated V8 engine managed to win the Best Performance Engine for the second year running during the prestigious International Engine of the Year Awards.

A panel of motoring journalists from 35 countries inspected and judged the shortlisted engines that made it into the final selection using their driving impressions and technical...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience