need gd opinion on water injection.

legend7

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
Water injection decreases the possibility of detonation by lowering the combustion chamber temperatures and increasing the effective "octane" of the fuel. This allows the engine to run a higher boost and full spark advance without the use of race gas. Additionally, if the water is atomized in the intake stream, there is an additional cooling of the intake charge. Both effects are increased with the inclusion of 50% alcohol to the mix (don't spray the exterior of an intercooler with alcoho!, this refers to internal injection only). The additional fuel of the high octane alcohol will in turn allow boost beyond what the factory fuel system can deliver. Water injection also has the effect of "steam cleaning" the combustion chambers and exhaust valves. This removes the carbon build up that decreases efficiency and leads to pre-ignition(detonation). It will also keep the throttle body and interior of the intake manifold much cleaner than normal.ive read this article on the net. already had the diagram & all stuff ready, but before i work on this project i wanna ask opinion from sifu's... is there any disavantage of water injection? ive done the extractor wrap last week & wonder, if it will clash on eachother since the extractor wrap is to keep heat in the extractor guess the heat will also keept in the cylinder & the water injection will cool it down.. hehehhe really confius with this..

legend7

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
errr. sorry bro, cant view the attachment. would u mind e-mail it to me?

Raja_Mongkut

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Water injection decreases the possibility of detonation by lowering the combustion chamber temperatures and increasing the effective "octane" of the fuel. This allows the engine to run a higher boost and full spark advance without the use of race gas. Additionally, if the water is atomized in the intake stream, there is an additional cooling of the intake charge. Both effects are increased with the inclusion of 50% alcohol to the mix (don't spray the exterior of an intercooler with alcoho!, this refers to internal injection only). The additional fuel of the high octane alcohol will in turn allow boost beyond what the factory fuel system can deliver. Water injection also has the effect of "steam cleaning" the combustion chambers and exhaust valves. This removes the carbon build up that decreases efficiency and leads to pre-ignition(detonation). It will also keep the throttle body and interior of the intake manifold much cleaner than normal.ive read this article on the net. already had the diagram & all stuff ready, but before i work on this project i wanna ask opinion from sifu's... is there any disavantage of water injection? ive done the extractor wrap last week & wonder, if it will clash on eachother since the extractor wrap is to keep heat in the extractor guess the heat will also keept in the cylinder & the water injection will cool it down.. hehehhe really confius with this..
thermal wrapping the extractor only affects the exhaust manifold... coz u want that area as hot as possible... i dunno the techy side but hot air moves faster than cold air...

water injection cools the intake manifold.. so its 2 different things

legend7

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
wow !! nice diagram, yah its looks more like that, by the way what is the function of thermal valve??

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
sky....
using water injection only for turbo/supercharge engine. How about our Standard ENgine, will it give more power...cause as what I know NA engine runs cooler than turbo/supercharge engine. Please help to explain...thanks..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
not vr sure... i also learn from other taikor taikor... still experimenting with it... i'm using pure tap water only... no alcohol mixed into it...

that valve is to control the amount of moisture being sucked into the manifold/TB.... thats what i'm experiementing, the best amount of moist so my car wont run lean in AFR mixture and jerk or too little to give any improvement...

i heard that by injecting fine water mist into TB, it can cools ur engine running temperature, increase compression a little bit (bcoz water is denser than air), thus a little more power n torque can be produced.... but too much moist flowing into ur combustion leans out the AFR mixture and might even have bigger problems in future....

correct me if wrong... any more sifoo wanna add their info and experience??...

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
hehehehehehe

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
skywalker,
mind sharing wif me on how to build this water injection.pls use simple english ya...me no basic in technical stuff.er..can u also list the items u use to build yr water injection and where u buy it.i still dun understand lor..even after reading da links u provide...about how to diy this thingy... ;)

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
skywalker,
mind sharing wif me on how to build this water injection.pls use simple english ya...me no basic in technical stuff.er..can u also list the items u use to build yr water injection and where u buy it.i still dun understand lor..even after reading da links u provide...about how to diy this thingy... ;)
erm... explain in words vr hard ler... u need to first understand the basic understanding how this stuff works....

anyway, things u need:
- good quality water bottle
- aquarium hose / vacuum hose
- breather
- T-connector

first, build the bottle like this...

another sample...

after that, find any vacuum hose that is connected to ur intake manifold... if u driving proton with standard carburettor, tap to this hose...

riz2005

Known Member
Aug 1, 2005
malaysia
from the diagram its look like suck cool air from the bottle.. not water...
as i know, we want to suck the water flow into the intake manifold.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
it is sucking moist from the bottle... not jz air...
u need a mist spray mounted at the manifold if u want it to suck water directly...

this is not a perfect diy as water is not injected as fine mist into the TB... thats why instead of sucking water directly, we suck moist in the bottle...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can anyone give me some advice to where i can find this screw or if i need to purchase other stuff say the entire service kit in orfer to get it. My carbeurator on my Suzuki Vitara came loose and is replaced with a proton screw temporarily but is sucking petrol too fast....advice anyone?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience