Myvi lagi best brake pad issue

Feb 25, 2023
Hi guys,

I just replaced my Myvi Lagi Best 2013's brake pad (Trestor Blue Advantage) and brake rotor (Bendix Swiftfit) last month.

There's a very annoying, squealing noise during slow braking. I suspect this is a problem caused by the brake pads and have already had the team at Trestor replace the pads but the issue still persists.

I was also advised that higher performance metallic brake pads tends to be noisy.

My question is, if I should wait a year or so for the brake pads to be worn out and replace them, or change the brake pads now?

The squealing sound is definitely very annoying but I would be down RM150 plus the additional labour charges if I were to change to new brake pads now.

Also, would like some recommendations on brake pads that I should get in the future. I was suggested Akebono and original Perodua Mintye pads.

Thanks!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys,

I just replaced my Myvi Lagi Best 2013's brake pad (Trestor Blue Advantage) and brake rotor (Bendix Swiftfit) last month.

There's a very annoying, squealing noise during slow braking. I suspect this is a problem caused by the brake pads and have already had the team at Trestor replace the pads but the issue still persists.

I was also advised that higher performance metallic brake pads tends to be noisy.

My question is, if I should wait a year or so for the brake pads to be worn out and replace them, or change the brake pads now?

The squealing sound is definitely very annoying but I would be down RM150 plus the additional labour charges if I were to change to new brake pads now.

Also, would like some recommendations on brake pads that I should get in the future. I was suggested Akebono and original Perodua Mintye pads.

Thanks!
The trestor Blue advantage is one of the best pads for daily drive. Bites from cold unlike Bendix Metal king that requires warming up. Only drawback is that it is very dusty. My Trestor so far is okay, been using a few years already. Since you have replaced the pads before, I am not sure what is wrong. Maybe try sanding the pads, and service your brakes floating pin...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
The trestor Blue advantage is one of the best pads for daily drive. Bites from cold unlike Bendix Metal king that requires warming up. Only drawback is that it is very dusty. My Trestor so far is okay, been using a few years already. Since you have replaced the pads before, I am not sure what is wrong. Maybe try sanding the pads, and service your brakes floating pin...
Agreed...sand it a bit, service the pin and for me personnaly i will bleed the whole system. When bleeding i prefer using old pumping method than the easier vacuum method. Pumping method helps dislodge dirt from inside the caliper.

I am not sure which variant of Trestor i am using but did not encounter similar noise. Maybe, just maybe it require a bit 'stronger' run-in process.
Their bite from cold is good but not better than OE pads. Best part is when it gets hot, these pads provide consistent pedal feel.

scoupe

1,000 RPM

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
do you have the pads shim installed? if yes, try to apply some grease between the pads and shims. If i am not mistaken bendix sells these grease as well. IMO any grease should work too. If no, have the pads shim installed and grease em. i normally also apply a lil bit around the piston surface that contacts the pad.. all this is to dampen the harmonics cause by the vibration of the pads against the disc. Another thing to check if your pad retainers are still holding the pad well, if it has excessive play then replace the retainers or just bend em a lil. All the best.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am using 4g93 n/a Japan engine taken from eterna e52. This engine built with lower compression piston if compare than 4g93p (9:1 compression ratio). I plan to upgrade with bolt on turbo or mivec head. Got some one want to sell bolt on turbo consist with:

-turbo td 04, complete intercooler and intake piping, gsr intercooler, extractor, downpipe, gsr throttle body, airflow sensor, gsr injector, gsr wiring and ecu.The price is 1.8k.

-MIVEC parts consist with head, intake manifold...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience