Myvi Icon 1.5 Auto use Straight Flow or S Flow

May 28, 2018
Im using original 4-1 ,cat only rear is using straight flow, should i change to s flow, i heard that many people do recommend auto car should use s flow

Any Suggestion?? that i need to change my straight pipe to s flow

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Don't be fooled into believing this S-Flow or straight flow hype. Back pressure is not good for any exhaust setup.

The question is what do you want to achieve? Quieter exhaust? More flow?

What kinda engine do you have?

S-flow mufflers slow the flow of the exhaust down and have better sound insulation and emissions control. But on a turbo car this is like choking the engine.

etc

Jason3293

May 28, 2018
Don't be fooled into believing this S-Flow or straight flow hype. Back pressure is not good for any exhaust setup.

The question is what do you want to achieve? Quieter exhaust? More flow?

What kinda engine do you have?

S-flow mufflers slow the flow of the exhaust down and have better sound insulation and emissions control. But on a turbo car this is like choking the engine.

etc
i was thinking change to a quieter exhaust and have more back end power

im using stock myvi 1.5 engine 3sz-ve

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Find a DSPORT full cat-back if you can still find them. That's the best. Otherwise, just change back to stock.

OR

Slap a turbo on it, it'll be quieter.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

What's "back end power"? Low RPM / Mid RPM / High RPM power got la. What exhaust setup are you using now?
Find a DSPORT full cat-back if you can still find them. That's the best. Otherwise, just change back to stock.

OR

Slap a turbo on it, it'll be quieter.
I don't think DSPORT made a setup for the 1.5 Myvi right?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
What's "back end power"? Low RPM / Mid RPM / High RPM power got la. What exhaust setup are you using now?

I don't think DSPORT made a setup for the 1.5 Myvi right?
DSPORT didn’t. But it fits. Then some people gonna say because it’s designed for the 1.3 it’s under sized for the 1.5. BS. It’s even suitable for turbo, being bigger in diameter than the stock YRV exhaust.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
DSPORT didn’t. But it fits. Then some people gonna say because it’s designed for the 1.3 it’s under sized for the 1.5. BS. It’s even suitable for turbo, being bigger in diameter than the stock YRV exhaust.
Would be interesting to see any for sale, much less someone actually offering up their one for sale

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros,

Izzit ok to reset ECU by disconnecting the battery terminal often?... I found my car fuel comsumption is better by do it.

Pls advise.

Tks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience