Myvi 1.5SE suspension ugrade

revfast

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Selangor
Visit site
Hi guys, I am seeking for your advice to upgrade the suspension.

After 2 years of riding, I decided to upgrade the suspension. I am more into the handling favour person.

1. Upgraded to 195/50/15 with a new set of grippy Tyres

2. Front struct bar (UR. Actually not much different, wasted my money).

3. Rear low anti roll bar (UR 18mm. Very significant handling improvement, worth spending)

Any advice for the suspension upgrade? I prefer to lower down the car a bit or maybe to 2 fingers gap. Since the ori spring is very bouncy, some Sifu advised to only change the absorber and maintain the original spring. Any other advice? Appreciate. Cheers.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If you can't feel the effect after installing front strut, then just forget all the chasis stiffening. Just throw in hi lo soft hard suspension. Gab SS, bc racing, HWL, d2, etc etc. or you can even go to Titan. But if you wan comfort, then just change to better absorber and remain the spring. Sachs, kyb sr series, Monroe, etc etc. if you want handling and comfort, the easiest would be changing the car...

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
Hi guys, I am seeking for your advice to upgrade the suspension.

After 2 years of riding, I decided to upgrade the suspension. I am more into the handling favour person.

1. Upgraded to 195/50/15 with a new set of grippy Tyres

2. Front struct bar (UR. Actually not much different, wasted my money).

3. Rear low anti roll bar (UR 18mm. Very significant handling improvement, worth spending)

Any advice for the suspension upgrade? I prefer to lower down the car a bit or maybe to 2 fingers gap. Since the ori spring is very bouncy, some Sifu advised to only change the absorber and maintain the original spring. Any other advice? Appreciate. Cheers.
So far based on personal experience, you can say bye bye to comfort as long as you're using adjustable :P no matter Hi/Lo or Hi/Lo/Soft/Hard :(

I'm currently using GAB SS Fully Adjustable and the ride is a bit rough at time when you know KL's road is crappy as hell...

I would suggest you to go with APM lowered springs, it lows down the ride quite a bit and still quite comfy but you stock shock won't last very long, can get some heavy duty shocks from GAB or APM as well :D just my 2 sen :D

revfast

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Selangor
Visit site
I understand that I need to sacrify the comfort if the car is lowered. Maybe in nutshell, 35% comfort, 65% handling. This is the ratio that I am looking at.. Hahaha..

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Hi TS,

are you sure you going to the harsh ride path?

Do you sat in adjustable suspension ride before?

My sisters refused to go into my car after they sat my car only 1 time. (how sad am i now)

If you're driving fast and the middle of the road got a bumping ( you know our govn korek something and place it back either deep or tall), the direct feedback from the suspension I can tell you is, it can wake you up immediately.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi TS,

are you sure you going to the harsh ride path?

Do you sat in adjustable suspension ride before?

My sisters refused to go into my car after they sat my car only 1 time. (how sad am i now)

If you're driving fast and the middle of the road got a bumping ( you know our govn korek something and place it back either deep or tall), the direct feedback from the suspension I can tell you is, it can wake you up immediately.
What are you using? Why so harsh? CVkit's Kayaba adjustables are quite comfortable imho.

But I guess comfort is relative.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What are you using? Why so harsh? CVkit's Kayaba adjustables are quite comfortable imho.

But I guess comfort is relative.
yeap..so comfortable my gf, my friends and family they all dont know that i've changed to adjustables when they r in the car. Only realize when they look at my car and find it lower than usual

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
I using zerone adjustable. Currently set to 16 clicks front and 6 clicks rear. Feel better abit but still feel harsh on the direct feedback from bad condition road in high speed.

How much is the kayaba adjustable? What is the settings of it?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I using zerone adjustable. Currently set to 16 clicks front and 6 clicks rear. Feel better abit but still feel harsh on the direct feedback from bad condition road in high speed.

How much is the kayaba adjustable? What is the settings of it?
cvkit one is high low. Yours is HLSH and can't set it to comfortable settings? There's something wrong here man

revfast

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Selangor
Visit site
Thank you for all the valuable advices. I just changed to AR sport springs. The mechanic called me just now for a sample test drive. (another same model installed the spring). I am very satisfied with the new springs as it really meets my ratio. 60% sport 40% comfort. I feel my comfortable for the rear bounching. Front space around 2.5 fingers, behind around 3.5 fingers gap.

Total cost including labour fee is RM 320, alignment and camber cost additional RM 30.

Thanks all.

Attachments

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
On a Myvi..lowering springs damn siok for driver.. but if you fetch people in rear seat..i guaran-f**k-ing-tee you that you will hit bump stop. For sure. And it'll be horrible.

awan88

Known Member
Feb 27, 2010
Klang Bukit Raj
On a Myvi..lowering springs damn siok for driver.. but if you fetch people in rear seat..i guaran-f**k-ing-tee you that you will hit bump stop. For sure. And it'll be horrible.
im oso using myvi, but sorry 1.3se only :( using lowering spring from hot bits, not having bump problem at all even with 5 person inside,
the setup with standard rim one half finger front, two finger back,
now with 195/50/r15 bfgoodrich making the front 2finger and back 3finger.

revfast

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Selangor
Visit site
After 2 days of new experience, the handling really meets my requirement. Mum didnt really feel the changes when she sit behind. I had a harsh driving last night, the body roll was at least 50% lesser and the tail was very obeying. Really worth spending.

awan88

Known Member
Feb 27, 2010
Klang Bukit Raj
After 2 days of new experience, the handling really meets my requirement. Mum didnt really feel the changes when she sit behind. I had a harsh driving last night, the body roll was at least 50% lesser and the tail was very obeying. Really worth spending.
sure can go touge genting after this :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I known dat carburator tunings can booms up d Mileage n Increase overall performance...!

Can some1 show me how??!!!
I'm desperate 2 know~~~!

regards,
HEat
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience