My Perodua Kancil : Chromaworks Sidewinder

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
One of the best kancils every running out there, I saw your car when the fenders were all cut off and only on spacers haha! :adore:

Kenny if I may make a suggestion, how bout painting the lip of your rims the same color as the body and the spokes black? :love:
wah thanks bro.. i've seen some big cars, vip themed going for painted lips. could be a idea but as for now id enjoy how it look first..thanks for the suggestion

did go back there last nite for my midnite walk with my pocket rocket...(my pet)
did not see the car....anyways your in usj 6 huh?
saw your car bro and the other one in the house....
guess you were not home....
my guess was you were there at 9pm+, went out for a while then.. hmm i got to start noticing you and your pocker rocket more...hhehehe

kenny..
do they have the rims in 17"? im looking for it...
i googled it also and found out it goes till 18", but i saw another rim which looked quite good also D1 but by Kei Racing

picture here...

looks good IMHO

thanks for the info kenny :)
do update us any new mods on your baby sidewinder from time to time!
cant wait to see more pics of this baby!

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

i just googled the rim and found several selling in zth and lowyat forum for 17 inch bro. looks good!
No problem bro, still busy customising the wiring for the night lighting, will try to get some proper night shoot, keep watching this space..

Not a word in the dictionary could describe my expression when I see this car...

4 thumbs up....very clean and organized kit. Clean & poised lines. Originality at its best. Fresh feeling, every parts on the car compliments each other very well. If I were a foreigner and I see this, I would thought that it came as a limited edition car which is so good to be true. Good choice of wheels and nothing fancy and bling on the car. My vote would be definitely on this ride if it was in a car show.

I won't mind getting this car if it's up for sale....

salute to you kenny, for your effort on trying something different and fresh. Very creative indeed. Malaysia could use more creative minds like yours in the automotive industry.
Oh wow, Titan...... .................... .................... ............... You left me speechless with you comments.

well like my explanation earlier, i wanted to keep the OEM look, like it was factory built to such.. it was such a ridiculous dream of wanting to make a desirable machine from the cheapest car in our shores. im halfway thru the journey to that dream. the 2nd part is so much more harder as it requires so much more detail than the exterior.

I Thank You for the compliments above, i do hope that one day the Malaysia auto industry goes the way many successful countries is now in. be it Jap Euro or the US. As for me im just a little guy wanting to make my mark in the game and you guys have made my days much better to come...

THANKS ALL!:adore:

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
lol, its not a car if your thinking so, yeah next time if i see lights i'm just going to ring your bell...

let's have a tea tarik soon for the love of being in usj.....

MacBoy

Jun 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
It would be an honor to just touch your car =D Of all the Kancil-Mira I see on the roads, this is the most smartest looking, clean and stylish yet simple Kancil yet. 1 in a 10000 Kancils on the road. May I know what software you use to do the designs like the picture posted earlier?

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
It would be an honor to just touch your car =D Of all the Kancil-Mira I see on the roads, this is the most smartest looking, clean and stylish yet simple Kancil yet. 1 in a 10000 Kancils on the road. May I know what software you use to do the designs like the picture posted earlier?
wah bro.. dun lar like that... that be called molesting...hehhehe anyway thanx for the compliments again.. im hoping to get some good shots very soon... hopefully tonight... car still kinda clean...

as for the designing software... im using plain old illustrator to get the job done, take a photo, trace it out (manually) then add on the parts you wanna custom... easy

lol, its not a car if your thinking so, yeah next time if i see lights i'm just going to ring your bell...

let's have a tea tarik soon for the love of being in usj.....
can bro.. but i dont teh tarik anymore.... chatting no problem... come by...

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Okay ppl,

Here's the new set of pictures i took yesterday night... although location was kinda lousy, but at least this is the very first preliminary shoot with this car...

thanks for viewing.. Have a nice day:biggrin:

Last edited:

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
omg.. nice shots kenny! awesome pearl white paintjob! something from kansai i suppose?
a nice spoiler would be a great addition to match its big butt haha. something like suzuki swift hikari spoiler!

btw, if u dont mind me asking, where did u mod the led for the rear lights and also smoked? i would love to do that as well :adore:

i would definitely be watching this space for more pics and some inspiration perhaps :biggrin:

Last edited:

MacBoy

Jun 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If one day you see your can having lots of fingerprints......its me XD If and ONLY if I managed to find the car. Manual tracing takes alot of time, no auto trace? My guess was Adobe Illustrator too. Hey if you had to go through muddy roads mai damn cha? =/

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
omg.. nice shots kenny! awesome pearl white paintjob! something from kansai i suppose?
a nice spoiler would be a great addition to match its big butt haha. something like suzuki swift hikari spoiler!

btw, if u dont mind me asking, where did u mod the led for the rear lights and also smoked? i would love to do that as well :adore:

i would definitely be watching this space for more pics and some inspiration perhaps :biggrin:

hhahahha. well i'll save the spoiler for later... not like i need the downforce for now...hehheh..

Well i did the taillight mod myself.. part of my work. i mod headlamps parttime, mostly to or with LED
definitely will update if i shoot again.. stay in touch..and thanks

If one day you see your can having lots of fingerprints......its me XD If and ONLY if I managed to find the car. Manual tracing takes alot of time, no auto trace? My guess was Adobe Illustrator too. Hey if you had to go through muddy roads mai damn cha? =/
bro.. my car is protected with "anti finger technology" and "anti find the car technology" hahhahah
well manual tracing in adobe illustrator is not that hard.. needs a bit of practise to speed up your time.. i did the drawing i posted in no more than 1 hour.. but hey, ive been using illus since ver.6, more than 12yrs now...

Mai Damn Cha??? whats that??

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

well anyway today was kinda a productive day, thought i would use this space also as my journal as i update the stuff in my car...didnt post this in DIY as it wouldnt be fit to be there.. doesnt apply to other kancils...

anyway heres the project.

Front mudguard project. (not really a mod, more of replacing)
The sidewinder kit required for me to cut out a major portion of my fender, with in turn has resulted with the losing my mudguard (banana leaf) or what ever they call it...i had major problems on wet roads, having water eject out from every single gap, between the headlamp and bumper, door and side skirt... dammit.. it made the car look ugly... and also i could see the bumper from the wheel well and that i cannot stomach..so i went looking around and i got to know that the Proton Waja leafs were only like rm28 a pop... a major deal then...

so i ran down the spare parts shop.. did some minor measurements and it came quite close to what my fenders were running.

anyway today i had sometime and so i did the custom fit, installing the leafs.

dismantling my wheels....

heres where the ugly part lies

here's where i had major water splashing issue..

these for RM56 ...dammit its worth every dime spent

here's the basic tools...

well here's after the installation

rear section... but still not too happy, probably run a rubber mudguard to finish off the gapping

this part looks quite good..

had a roadtest, was raining good this afternoon and sue enough 90% of my water problem has been solved...

feeling good with the OE look.. looks so much

thanks for reading ... cheers...

VR4

Known Member
May 5, 2007
beautiful artwork..truely its a beauty..bravo bro..

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
can bro.. but i dont teh tarik anymore.... chatting no problem... come by...[/QUOTE]

not an issue, passed by last nite sidewinder tucked in the house...
lets find a day soon yeah...

MacBoy

Jun 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ooopss.... "Mai damn chaaam" (cantonese) what I meant was if your car were to go through the muddy, awful roads in KL...

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Hey. That looks great really. Good job GT Proshop and Vincent.
Thanks, yep they did a great job.. next project.. hopefully Master Fabricator Wah's Viva..

beautiful artwork..truely its a beauty..bravo bro..
Thank You, Thank you

can bro.. but i dont teh tarik anymore.... chatting no problem... come by...
not an issue, passed by last nite sidewinder tucked in the house...
lets find a day soon yeah...[/QUOTE]

yep, the sidewinder is tucked in everynight... along with her siblings...

Ooopss.... "Mai damn chaaam" (cantonese) what I meant was if your car were to go through the muddy, awful roads in KL...
Ohhh... hehehehe

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
hhahahha. well i'll save the spoiler for later... not like i need the downforce for now...hehheh..

Well i did the taillight mod myself.. part of my work. i mod headlamps parttime, mostly to or with LED
definitely will update if i shoot again.. stay in touch..and thanks
oh cool! u do it for leisure or job?
possible to do for viva? :p
im interested to get my headlamp and rear lamp smoked :adore:

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
well its my part time job, currently have a few customers awaiting to get the stuff up. i dont do only smoke, normally do custom with LED which can amount kinda high once finish. if youre really interested then we can meet up. but if you just wanna smoke, most bodyshop can get the job done..and its very cheap.

as for your taillamp, the original unit is normally fused shut, no way of opening up, so have to buy a aftermarket version. then can custom from there

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I using 4g93 dohc. change lighten crank pulley better performance or adjustable cam pulley?? need 4g93 sifu guide for technical modification engine.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience