My LMST diary | past, present & future | 2007 to 202x

RB26

GoKart Lover
Jul 14, 2005
selayang
www.mangoesteen.net
#Intro

Just want a space to write & record something for my car. Wanted a space that less crowded, less 'pasar malam' then the so call social media platform. I am kind of an old school person, registered as member in ZTH back in 2005, without having a car. I am really appreciate and amazed of the owner of ZTH forum can maintain and keep it so long, not easy to maintain a website more then 10 years. Having the same passion, i think this is the right place to put my car diary here. Hopefully, 10 years, 20 years later, i will be able to read back, or after i die, someone still able to read it. Haha! ( I will write it with my broken english )

I owned a 2007 Proton Saga LMST, not JDM, not classic car, not super car, just a regular national made sedan that can be seen everywhere in Malaysia. As per the title, i wanted to write it start from the day 1 I owned it, the story that happen through out the years... what was happening, what is going now, and hopefully what will be happen in the future... However, soon some of you might find it a boring post / story, because along the journey with my car, there is really no exciting upgrade or restoration had happen, most part of the car is in stock form. Everything was very, very regular maintenance and fixing.

There are few reason, first I want it to be really reliable as this is my daily commute to work. I do have another family car, but this is the main transport for me to travel from home to work, I have to keep it simple and trouble-free to maintain. Just like any other ZTH member... the trill of zero to hundred indeed in our blood. I also want it to be able to having fun to drive elements, there were some suspension parts upgrade too. Last but not least, i am just an average salary man, average family guy, trying to keep the budget & time minimum on take caring cars.

Hola! thanks for reading, will begin chapters in following comment section.

ZTH-diary-LMST-000-cover.jpg

And by the way, I do have some social media account, follow me if you are interest!
Instagram : Login • Instagram
Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/junkitlow

I am also the admin of Magma 12 Valve facebook page :
Magma 12 Valve

Reactions: vr2turbo and alcyon

RB26

GoKart Lover
Jul 14, 2005
selayang
www.mangoesteen.net
#Chapter 1

I got my car at 2007, September 9. Car registered at JPJ on 6 September, coincidentally, 6 September is also my son birthday.

These are the first few photo of my brand new car, taken with Sony Ericsson k510i. There were some fun incident happen in the process, I got in touch with an agent from my friend. Loan not pass, need guarantor ( although my dad paid some of the car payment ), anyway, at last, i got my first car. The funniest thing was that, the agent took the car far away from Melaka, and he remove the speed sensor cable and forgot to plug it back. So when i took my car, there was no speedometer reading! I called him so he came back to plug it back for me ( I know nothing about car that time.)

Oh and, who was my first passenger? I picked a female friend that we always hang out with the gang. Guess what? No she didn't become my girl friend, we had nothing happen.

ZTH-diary-LMST-001.jpg

Last edited:

RB26

GoKart Lover
Jul 14, 2005
selayang
www.mangoesteen.net
#chapter 2

I washed the car by myself first time , after 2 weeks. As you can notice, the wheel cover has been removed. I thought it look cool with the black steel rim exposed ( typical newbie car owner that trying to "rice" up their car in cheap way. (Fresh graduate student ma...what to do. lol). I also ordered a cold air intake hose online. I don't know what to do about it at first then decided to join it to the original air intake hose and attached on the middle front grill. (Typical ricer starter pack again)

ZTH-diary-LMST-002.jpg

RB26

GoKart Lover
Jul 14, 2005
selayang
www.mangoesteen.net
#chapter3

2007 October, first time travel back to hometown with my new car. Had some talk with my dad, he seems exciting. My dad was a tractor driver, also used to be a car mechanic. He always fix his Nissan Datsun 120Y while i like to watch him doing all those repairing, he inspired me a lot about car related interest. Datsun was sold few years back, he is now owning a Proton Iswara 2001/02, not really driving it nowsaday, as he is getting old, some health issue. My mother had passed away few years back, he is still living in this same kampung house, I travel back once a few months.

It is 12:32AM now, need to send kid to school at 6AM, gotta sleep, what an average family guy life. To be continue, gd nite.

ZTH-diary-LMST-003.jpg

My dad current ride :

dad-iswara2.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

RB26

GoKart Lover
Jul 14, 2005
selayang
www.mangoesteen.net
#Chapter 4

27 October 2007

First bang of my car! Must record. But luckily, very very, small dent. Location, Bandar Utama traffic light junction ( Before exit NKVE go up to bandar utama). It was a yellow light, so i did a quick stop and brake, the car following me (Mercedes Benz but forgot which model, old one) behind too close, has a small bump. I should have check the rear view situation before i hit the brake, took the mistake and learn from it.

ZTH-diary-LMST-004.jpg

RB26

GoKart Lover
Jul 14, 2005
selayang
www.mangoesteen.net
#Chapter 5

November 2007

Just like every newbie car lover, journey to ah-beng style is a must. Colored racing wheel nut on a stock steel rim! I must be drunk, can't believe I did that. 2nd, racing style steering wheel is a must too, being a fans of Initial-D manga, Need for speed series computer game, Japanese Hot-version fans, and what-ever, motorsport element have to be in my car. And this is my first DIY to remove the steering wheel, successful to remove the cover, but not the steering, manage to remove the big nut but not able to shake the steering off, at last i drove to nearby accessories shop to have it remove (Rm10 labour). The fantastic thing was that, the accessories guy did not check the center alignment before slap the new steering wheel it. So I had a bad steering align at the end.

ZTH-diary-LMST-005.jpg

DIY to spray the center console panel from matt plastic to glossy piano black. Also a failed project, paint just peel off slowly over time, dont learn from me.

ZTH-diary-LMST-005-B.jpg

Last edited:

RB26

GoKart Lover
Jul 14, 2005
selayang
www.mangoesteen.net
2022 July 5

Jump back to recent timeline for a while! ( In case some are bored from reading the past story).

Took a short drive after finishing some work, head to Serendah Seven Well to take some photos. Camera is a Sony A300 DSLR, the camera just 2 years younger then my LMST, bought it in 2009 and use it until now. Everything is working fine for the camera, except the original lens auto focus gear has some problem. I am such a nostalgic person, old tech is more attracting me. And I find joy in take caring all these old tech gadgets.

ZTH-diary-LMST-006.jpg

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Garmin Mobile XT In Your Car~ZTH EXCLUSIVE~

DEMO VIDEO ON NOKIA 5800 ...​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience