My '06 Toyota Aurion SX6 Sportivo

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Happy New Year!! :biggrin:

Got a couple of upgrades done on the Aurion over the weekend :)

First thing was the installation of some Euro plate style license plate surrounds and the second was applying some pre-cut tint film to the lower sections of the tail lights. I wasn't 100% happy with the blandness of the plate surround so ended up using some of my left over bronze carbon fiber vinyl to wrap the sides and make it a little more interesting.

Here's some photos of the process and some before vs after shots:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nice, but for number plates on our side, it must be black only with white letters. Nothing else to be on it......:biggrin:

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Nice, but for number plates on our side, it must be black only with white letters. Nothing else to be on it......:biggrin:
Haha we can't do that here unfortunately. Old cars (really old) had black number plates, but 95% of cars on the road have white plates with black lettering. Some people make the black ones, but they're not technically legal :)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha we can't do that here unfortunately. Old cars (really old) had black number plates, but 95% of cars on the road have white plates with black lettering. Some people make the black ones, but they're not technically legal :)
So it is the reverse from ours.
Oh! white plate with black letters here are only for taxi........:rofl:

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
A few small updates:

* 'V6 24VALVE' stickers fitted to the rear doors.

* Bought a 1:43 scale model of an Aurion (Asian Camry) from eBay.

* Received some Rays wheel nuts from Japan. Watch this space ;)

And I decided it was time to upgrade my brakes, but I didn't need want to go for bigger calipers or larger rotors since my daily commute to work is only 10km and it's mostly straight, lol, so I settled on these Znoelli dimpled drilled and slotted rotors front and rear, combined with Bendix brake pads all round.

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
^ Yep, Bendix CT Stealth front and rear.

The Aurion got some new wheels today. They're Vertini Magic (concave) 19x9.5 front and rear, +32 offset and wrapped in 235/35/19 rubber. They get custom drilled for the stud pattern and shaved for the offset you want so I had to wait about a week for them to get machined, but it was worth waiting for :). Being concave they bow in the middle, giving that very dished effect.

The rear guards needed to be rolled as there was slight scrubbing around corners, but apart from that the fitment was pretty straight forward. I just have to get some camber bolts for the front so I can give it some negative camber and tuck the wheels in a bit more, but apart from that the fitment is great and I'm loving the new look :D

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Threw some camber bolts in the front tonight. It's evened it out nicely now, so no more strange poke at the front.

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Fitted some slightly larger tires up front to fill up the guard gap a little better. Other benefit is that it brings the lip of the rim further away from potholes and is a bit more comfortable since you don't feel every dip and crack in the road. Fronts are 225/40/19 and the rears are 235/35/19. The old tires are only a few weeks old, but the wheel-well gap was bugging the hell out of me, so for now I'm happy :)

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Good job bro..
Thats very mint work.
Not so low and VIP flush to be practical.
(i think this platform being big segment, people tend to go VIP style ultra big wheels and go flush)

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Thanks man. This is very much a practical family car, so the goal was to enhance it aesthetically, but still keep it as something I can drive to work daily and that can haul the kids around in the weekend :)

I had been thinking of a way to fill the void in the engine bay where the factory intake used to be and ended up killing two birds with one stone by settling on this large oil catch tank. It's designed to catch blow-by oil from the PCV valve during full throttle and turns the vapor into a mist that settles in the bottom of the catch tank instead of getting sent back into the intake manifold.

Radium Engineering made a catch tank set-up for the Lotus Evora (which uses the same 2GR-FE engine) and owners have reported quite a lot of oil being caught, so they sound like they could be quite beneficial on this engine. I had one on the Corolla and it worked well, so I figured it'd be worth a shot in the Aurion. Ended up putting my factory silver engine cover back on at the same too, as I prefer the cleaner look compared to my carbon fiber wrapped cover (which I'll still keep to mix things up every now and then).

Will be interesting to see how much oil this thing collects :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car have bad/worn valve seal problem..(Q1)how much does cost to change the valve seal(cost of oem valve seal+upah pasang) ..i have another head with bad/worn valve but other than that its fine..(Q2)so can use back the valve seal from my previous head to my current head? (Q3)can we do dyno tune if we have bad valve seal coz my car need dyno tuning?

engine is evo 1 , head is evo 3..thanks in advance..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience