Mivec 1.8

lancelot_adolph

Nov 19, 2004
dear ppl,

currently driving sgti,

planning to upgrade to 1.8 mivec,

any sifu knows which+ where workshop recommend? price?

cause heard hard to get the mivec top itself, been searching

like hell...

thanx

monmon

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Constant move
it won't be easy to find a mivec head. but u could try, i guess no workshop will go around sourcing for u. u could try these guys if u r interested, they're quite ok.

hispeed racing. they are located near tesco at puchong. experienced but new workshop. the mechanics use to be at amoil.

lancelot_adolph

Nov 19, 2004
hey mon mon,

yeah... that's my problem too, surfin around for '

da mivec head, but no one has it, most chop shop

says they only sell in whole engine.

and the other thing im quite worry of the

condition of the head, hard to find replacement...

plz help

monmon

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Constant move
its not easy to find at all. i dun think i got any "lobangs" for this. what u could do is just keep asking around. or source it overseas as well, or make an order with a chop shop so that they'll pay attention for one. it depends how desperate u r for it. i always believe money can buy everything. hahah or u could buy the half cut if u had the money, and sell off the rest, mivec has so many stuff ppl want. in the end, i really think it won't become a lot more expensive really hehhe.

putera9394

Nov 5, 2004
Originally posted by lancelot_adolph@Nov 25 2004, 16:28
dear ppl,

currently driving sgti,

like hell...

thanx
I don't understand why u want to change to mivec 1.8. Your GTi engine can also achieve the same (if not better) WHP. I' driving a GTi with minor mods (cams, CAI & exhaust only - no oversize piston ir what so ever) . :rolleyes:

Spent about 4K and I got 135WHP at DMT dyno machine. No safc or stand alone ecu. A similar moded mivec 1.8 will give around 130WHP at DMT dyno machine. The mivec's 0-100km/j is 7.2 sec, mine is 6.7 sec ( that is ITR territory). :lol:

With another 2.5K( u have to search around for a good and low budget workshop - not like in Sunway - potong kepala) I will add another 25 - 35WHP. Think again men. Oh by the way, slightly moded mivec 1.6 or B16A all senang kena tapau by my GTi. Sorry to say but it's true. Highly moded lain cerita. Just want to share my experience. ok :P

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
..hmm..tis mivec 1.8.. practically it's another mivec engine w a different head izzit?
..or sumtin else..? can enlighten me..sifus?

gibod_78

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
nope.. mivec 1.8 is rojak basis.. mivec originally only 1.6cc in mirage and 2.0cc in FTO.. and heard got new mivec soch..

but usually.. mivec 1.6 then add in 1.8 block..
or
1.8 doch engine... then add in mivec head.. itu saja.. :D

putera.. apo khabo.. ? how yr car now?.. sihat?. :D

monmon

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Constant move
i totally disagree with putera9394.

0-100 6.7 sec? i would like to see that. did u do it with the jack on the car?
135hp sounds right, standard comes 121hp (As i dynoed it at speedworks) i achieved 164hp after some $10k later. (no cams, no extractor mod)

to say i would take the mivec with ease, i wouldn't think so. i have owned both vehicles, and i would say the mivec's a much stronger vehicle with hell a lot more potential. i think any mechanic would be able to tell you that.

evoinputra

Known Member
Nov 12, 2004
kl
Visit site
in OUG there have a workshop name S & K Service. i think the work is quite good cos i do port and polish and fully convert to 1.6 mivec things to my 1.8 mivec. before i even 1.6 small V also can't over take but after i do the upgrade 1.6 big V and modified also close a eye. there have a 1.8 mivec.

chelnick

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
..... putera... got a friend 1.8mivec.... modded internals(its a everyday car not heavily modded)

170whp.......

don't ask me to bring him out to show ok??? beceause his car is now 1.8 mivec turbo.... ;)

monmon

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Constant move
evoinputra, now what u have just said is very confusing. i am nto able to make out what you've just done to your car.

u can overtake a bigV? in this assume its a B16A/B... that's really great to hear. they must have given you some 180hp on the wheel!!!

gspot

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
PJ
Originally posted by putera9394+Nov 26 2004, 12:37 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (putera9394 @ Nov 26 2004, 12:37 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lancelot_adolph@Nov 25 2004, 16:28
dear ppl,

currently driving sgti,

like hell...

thanx
I don't understand why u want to change to mivec 1.8. Your GTi engine can also achieve the same (if not better) WHP. I' driving a GTi with minor mods (cams, CAI & exhaust only - no oversize piston ir what so ever) . :rolleyes:

Spent about 4K and I got 135WHP at DMT dyno machine. No safc or stand alone ecu. A similar moded mivec 1.8 will give around 130WHP at DMT dyno machine. The mivec's 0-100km/j is 7.2 sec, mine is 6.7 sec ( that is ITR territory). :lol:

With another 2.5K( u have to search around for a good and low budget workshop - not like in Sunway - potong kepala) I will add another 25 - 35WHP. Think again men. Oh by the way, slightly moded mivec 1.6 or B16A all senang kena tapau by my GTi. Sorry to say but it's true. Highly moded lain cerita. Just want to share my experience. ok :P [/b][/quote]
Putera,
U r using mild 268 or hot 272 cams? My long ago dyno at DMT.. some mods with no cams already getting 130 atw.

Done a coupla dynos with Mivec 1.8, in "stock 1.8Mivec" form already getting at least 150atw. Mine and a friend's already doing 160++ and my other friend's already pushing 170+ and that is achieved without Jun or Toda cams...

gspot

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
PJ
Lancelot,

U dead serious on getting the Mivec head and a good tuner to do the job?
I may have some leads.........

monmon

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Constant move
thanks gspot, u really hit my g spot hahahahha

that's the thing, i cannot imagine a mivec being weak. it's also a very reliable engine to be driving. unlike the B16A/B which are prone to "boooms"

the 1.8mivec has long been well known for its power. mind pm'ing me where u got ur cams from? i've just seen a set of was it 303/306 cams from my friends car. surprisingly they were not getting much on the dyno at links.

i should imagine them running real quick. with haltech and MSD ignition....etc.

gspot

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
PJ
Originally posted by monmon@Nov 26 2004, 15:04
thanks gspot, u really hit my g spot hahahahha

that's the thing, i cannot imagine a mivec being weak. it's also a very reliable engine to be driving. unlike the B16A/B which are prone to "boooms"

the 1.8mivec has long been well known for its power. mind pm'ing me where u got ur cams from? i've just seen a set of was it 303/306 cams from my friends car. surprisingly they were not getting much on the dyno at links.

i should imagine them running real quick. with haltech and MSD ignition....etc.
Mon,
303/306? Found the cams a wee bit too wild for a daily performance workhorse..am surprised that it's not getting the numbers. Tuning and corresponding add-ons parts not working in sync?? :(

Well, any engine can just go boom if push beyond the limits without the corresponding "support"..... ;)

Well... have seen a halteched 4g63 lost to a stock ECUed VR4 in a quarter mile
test sprint....not once but all three times :o

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan’s upcoming GT-R super-coupe is one of the most hotly awaited cars of the decade so it’s no surprise there’s already an extensive waiting list for it. Unfortunately, in situations like this unscrupulous buyers who get their hands on the car early on often sell them to those fans willing to pay a small premium on the retail price to make a profit.

This is a practice Nissan would like to avoid with its new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience