Merdad chops off rear doors to give us Cayenne Coupe

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It’s not what you’re thinking, this isn’t the rumoured two-door baby Cayenne from Porsche but is the work of UK-based tuning firm Merdad. They let slip on the project back in September and now they have some real life shots of their Cayenne Coupe that debuted in London last month.

Taking a current-gen Cayenne, Merdad proceeded to chop off part of the chassis and toss the two rear doors away. They then threw in an aero kit with 22-inch alloy wheels snuggling at all four corners. Completing the package is a revised electronic lowering module that, we’re guessing, takes into account the reduced weight and shorter dimensions of the Cayenne Coupe.

The interior is spruced up with black leather and red Alcantara that form a new trim design that also wraps the new steering wheel. Of course, being a tuning firm, Merdad wouldn’t have the Cayenne Coupe without a healthy bump up in motivation. They’re offering various stages of upgrades for the Turbo model, ranging from 550hp to 750hp, with the range-topper boasting a century sprint time of 4.4-seconds.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHB7_kzPvRM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Source: CarScoop

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
good job..

but i saw the door line at B-pillar not properly adjusted :hmmmm:

kethon27

Known Member
May 8, 2006
the height still quite high for a sports coupe...lower more....!!!

WyNG

1,500 RPM
Jul 16, 2008
Penang
anyone si-fu here know whts the rims he using ? 2nd pict of tht....thanks

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Waitta sec...

Taking a current-gen Cayenne, Merdad proceeded to chop off part of the chassis and toss the two rear doors away. They then threw in an aero kit with 22-inch alloy wheels snuggling at all four corners. Completing the package is a revised electronic lowering module that, we’re guessing, takes into account the reduced weight and shorter dimensions of the Cayenne Coupe.
Chop off part of chassis? S-H-O-R-T-E-R dimensions? This car potong?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeah.keta potong....

but not the way u tought.....it wasn't like halfcut shop where they cut straight into 2pcs from a car.....

normally ppl doing this is by crack open the neccessary welding joint on original chasis and cut the chasis panel to the req. lenght before joining it back using proper spotweld... (manual spotweld mostly)....

so in theory u have a one-off production car coming from merdad factory...not porsche anymore..... :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a trustworthy workshop which provides good workmanship.

Preferably in Sunway area.

And I'm also looking for a workshop to install my intake manifold.

So far I've asked a few shops but they don't provide it.

Anyone knows where can I get it fix?

I bought my intake manifold from a friend only need to get the installation done.

Please do help me out.

Thank you!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience